LegacyGT.com

Updated Navigation with Factory Screen

grbspecb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there is a kenwood package out there that has the screen and g510. there is another thread on that see that for non factory lcd installation

I'd prefer to pick up the factory LCD if the quality is okay and if it can be installed after-the-fact, since it should fit in that space. Am I way off here?

And if you've found a NAV that integrates with it successfully, as you clearly have, all the better. :)

the factory lcd will fit easier but not sure if the harness is there to give you the extras the factory lcd has such as programming the cars features and the onfo panel that gives gas mileage and stuff.

direct fit yes, more features probably not

a pure kenwood system with kenwood screen can integrate with the kos500and give you hd radio, satellite, bluetooth and iod integration. the other thread has allb that info.

the factory lcd will fit easier but not sure if the harness is there to give you the extras the factory lcd has such as programming the cars features and the onfo panel that gives gas mileage and stuff.

direct fit yes, more features probably not

a pure kenwood system with kenwood screen can integrate with the kos500and give you hd radio, satellite, bluetooth and iod integration. the other thread has allb that info.

Link?

If you go with the Kenwood, I would go with the KOS-V1000 instead of the KOS-V500. 5volt preouts versus 2 volt preouts will make a huge difference in your overall sound quality. And you gotta make sure you get the right screen, I think it is the KOS-702W for the touch screen controls. Personally, if I had the money, (which I don't) I would look at the Alpine F.I.T. system for factory integration and expansion. The nav box alone is $1700 but is very nicely done and the graphics are sick.

• 4 weeks later...

+1 for source on factory screen and bezel. I have an '08 so I assume all the wiring is there, of course it wasn't an option with the 5MT so......

I agree that if the factory screen and bezel can be had easily it would save fitting that and keep the clean look you have on the install.

Nicely Done!

What's the best source for the factory screen?

I'd like to know as well, since my dealer is refusing to install one for me in my Legacy limited. I could get it from them, but since they're jerks and won't install it, I'd rather get it somewhere else :).

would it be possible to get the screen and this kenwood unit and have a working nav?

• 2 months later...
Actually Kenwood has released the new nav update for all subaru's with the Kenwood system. it is version 3.0 and just released on Jan. 3. Don't call subaru on this because they no very little about it, but the disc is for sale from kenwood. I have used it on my legacy and it is a whole lot better.

Actually Kenwood has released the new nav update for all subaru's with the Kenwood system. it is version 3.0 and just released on Jan. 3. Don't call subaru on this because they no very little about it, but the disc is for sale from kenwood. I have used it on my legacy and it is a whole lot better.

What has been added or improved?

you have purchased the new 3.0 disk?

Archived