LegacyGT.com

Updated Navigation with Factory Screen

grbspecb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

asjoseph,

That's a great, detailed reply - thanks.

The issue that some of us have with Subaru's system is that the map database is significantly more out of date than other factory systems.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up one of these to replace the factory nav instead of updating the maps. Thanks to everyone that has posted on this subject. It has been most helpful.

-Installed a small amp I had, 18watts and a small speaker in headliner on drivers side through the map light

This is actually the preferred method for me because of all the aftermarket stereo I have in place. Any suggestions on the best way to tap into the wire harness for this?

• 2 years later...

Anyone ever figure out how to get sound from the KNA-G510 unit from the factory setup? I email agold for his adapter, but I think he is no longer interested in making these...

If there is no option, does anyone know where I can find a schematic or walk-through on how to do the small amp and speaker like the OP?

There is one issue I've noticed with the Kenwood module.

If you don't have the Garmin unit set to 24-hour time, and you shut the car off in the AM and turn it back on in the PM, the clock will revert back to the time it was turned off. You have to have the Garmin set to 24-hour time, if you don't want that to happen.

An inconvenience, but not insurmountable.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Nah, I didn't look into it. I don't have any use for having spoken directions, so it doesn't bother me that it's not included.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived