LegacyGT.com

05 LGT stage 2 or Pontiac GTO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GTO will eat you. Just run the numbers.

I test drove a GTO, and it is a damn nice car.

I drove the 350HP version with the single muffler. When I heard about the 400HP version I got all excited, but I really really really didn't like the

vents on the hood. I probably would have gotten that at the time if the hood was same.

With that being said though. I love being able to not have to worry about getting stuck, spinning out, wet weather with the LGT.

I know they are fast but how much faster are the Pontiac GTO's if lined up with an 05 LGT stage 2....?

Depends. You might keep up with a 5.7L '05. But the '06 GTOs are 6.0L LS2s and will kick your/my Stage II arse hands down with a decent driver. Even though porkers (3800lb) they are easily in the 12's with no mods and a driver with half-a-brain :eek:. I was on the fence about one when I bought my LGT. Lots of other threads about the 2 here if you search.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Yea I have the 05 LGT and I love it and wouldn't trade it for nothing. But I was talking with a friend with the 6.0L GTO and they said its 400 horse would eat me which I believe but lets get real we live in upstate NY and how often are roads perfectly dry let alone have no snow on them. I'll stick with the LGT

Easily in the 12's.........not so much!!

Traction really is a issue with the stock setup;)

Having driven one a bit, I have to disagree. Even with *some* wheel spin/hop they'll kick our buts and can get into the 12's. I've driven/owned many, many RWD SBC cars in my day (they're my first calling before the LGT). Traction is not as big a deal as many people on this board make it out to be. Just takes a little discipline.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

^^ No I think he needs the bottle.:lol::lol:

I agree with Sublo. Everyone raves about AWD traction and FWD FTL and RWD spin FTL. My last car was a FWD Grand Prix GTP. And to be honest find it easier to launch then the LGT. The LGT's clutch blows, to quick and it bogs to fast and it fries. You have like a 25% chance of getting a killer light and 75% chance of bogging bad or frying you clutch so bad it slips under WOT. My GTP was 1.9 60' all day long. Did I floor it out of the hole... no. You gotta learn how to ease into it. A good driver who knows there car can make that GTO destroy a LGT. Even on stock tires and suspension. If he has a drag radial your just going to get humiliated.

i dont know if I agree with all of this. Yes we should have respect has the GTO is fast but I definitely beat a GTO, I think 2006, in my 2006 STi (of course at the track) by about a car length. And my LGT stage 2.5 has also beat an stock STi, but not by much....
Semper Fi.

What happens in the first high speed turn??????????????????

If the LEgacy is on RE92s it will probably end p in the ditch while the GTO increases its lead.

Good point, RWD cars don't handle well at all, none of them :rolleyes: When did the Legacy become a supercar - is there anything that it can't do better then every other car?

I wouldnt give up the 20 mpg with my LGT for 16 mpg with the GTO. What the subaru does with "250" horse is quite insane. Lets see the LGT with 400 horse race the GTO's 400 horse.

I have a friend with a 6.0L GTO and the manual trans. He gets a bit better mileage on the highway than I do in the LGT.

If you want to see what an LGT modded to 400hp can do, just let the GTO owner spend the same amount of money in mods on that LS2. Then you could watch the Legacy really get ass raped on the track.:rolleyes:

Archived