LegacyGT.com

05 LGT stage 2 or Pontiac GTO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 20g equipped LGT will cover anything a stock 6.0 GTO can dish out.......STOCK

After you hit triple digits though the GTO will continue to gain on you eventually passing you

I would even give the GTO mild upgrades :) a 20g can do mid-low 12's and if a stock LS2 GTO does high 12's...but he can mod his for CHEAP!

I <3 bench racing

They are totally different beasts, and really unless youre going to be an asshat and street race or plan on going to the track every weekend the speed differences would be negligible.

This isnt the first time this comparison has been made.

The GTO is a nice car, dont get me wrong.. but I did a heads up comparison of a 6.0l gto vs my lgt at the time and i took the lgt.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

GTO's suck. Overweight, undersprung, under damped, under styled, over rated.

My 2 Cents.:cool:

I don't see the purpose of trying to build an LGT to compete with a car that has a 400hp, 400ci engine in the first place.

To each his own I guess.

GTO's suck. Overweight, undersprung, under damped, under styled, over rated.

My 2 Cents.:cool:

Wow. This is out of left field. We're all entitled to our "opinions" particularly about styling - I'll give you that. Personally, I like the understated shape. But "GTO's suck? Overweight, undersprung?" Have you ever driven one? Firstly, stock they'll put the smack down almost all our cars save for some highly modified Stg III cars. They are 'only' 300 lbs or so heavier than our cars, they handle decently for their size (IRS & IFS) and their suspensions are tuned for the masses just like our cars are. This is why many of us upgrade suspensions quick fast in a hurry. They're ridiculously fun to drive with intoxicating low-mid end power and an exhaust noise that will make you cream your pants. They could be a tad lighter and the trunk does "suck" because gas tank relocation.

If you're simply hating on American cars just to hate on American cars, I don't get it.

:cool:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

low-mid 13s...stock 5.7

low-mid 13s...stg2 gt

= smackdown???

i don't hate the gto, but my knees ain't knockin, either.

and fwiw, if racing starts @ 120 for you, you don't drive a gto :)

we've seen gt's make high 12s with vf39's... -- 18/20g??? lol, now that'd be terms for someone to get a head start.

(waits for bench brawl :lol:)

I had a LGT and now I own a GTO. The exhaust note alone was worth it for me. They are different machines. GTOs CAN run 4.6 to 4.7 stock to 60. They can run upper 12s but that is a great run. They are harder to launch then a LGT but with some practice and good tires its not overwhelming. (with a few mods it becomes harder without DR) The real difference is from a roll. The GTO was not designed to be a 1/4 runner like an F-body. The torque pulls the car and keeps pulling at triple digit speeds. The car isn't that heavy. Find a true 4 seat V8 coupe that weighs less. The suspension is too soft but can easily be remedied. There are many sleeper GTOs running around. Anywhere from 450hp tuned to 700hp+ Twin Turbos. Many show no signs of mods.

The feel of the car is more numb then the LGT but the comfort and sound make for an awesome experience. I love jumping on the gas mid turn and just light up the tires. The v8 pulls hard from any RPM. Its great to stomp on it when you are next to a highway divider and hear v8 opened up.

As far as racing goes... if you catch a A4 GTO in the wrong gear the LGT will have a chance stock up to 100.

My gas mileage on the highway has averaged a little better then the LGT.

The engine is a 364 not a 400ci

/\ /\ /\ /\ I guess my dreams of entering my GTO into a rally car competition are shattered.

Next time I line up against a LGT in a snow storm I will keep this in mind.

All joking aside, I miss the AWD in the snow and rain but the GTO was fine this winter with a set of dedicated snow tires and using the control of the M6 transmission and traction control.

The only GTO I've driven was a Magnacharged LS2. Installed the supercharger kit with my buddies at Yimi Sport Tuning. Torque for days and an instant tire smoke machine in 1st and 2nd gears. Big and heavy for sure, but still pretty fun in the corners, especially when sideways :lol: Of course a stocker would be a lot slower. Still a quick car for sure though and likely a bit quicker than a Stage 2 LGT.

I'm always tempted to trade my LGT for a GTO ... the sound is just .. amazing. Also, no GTO thread is complete without this clip:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=sGveOp7aC1Q]YouTube - Pontiac GTO Supercharged[/ame]

whipple *drool*

I looked at a GTO when I was looking at the LGT. I didn't test drive it because when I asked the price they said 35K and no moonroof even possible. Even aftermarket. It was 5k over my price range and the idea of a refined adult oriented sporty car would be a joke. Not to mention I love my Moon Roof. The trim around it that keeps coming loose even after its been replaced once is a different story.:mad:

I looked at a GTO when I was looking at the LGT. I didn't test drive it because when I asked the price they said 35K and no moonroof even possible. Even aftermarket. It was 5k over my price range and the idea of a refined adult oriented sporty car would be a joke. Not to mention I love my Moon Roof. The trim around it that keeps coming loose even after its been replaced once is a different story.:mad:

Those same dealers are still stuck with a leftover '06s that they can barely sell at 28k now. You can get an aftermarket moonroof that is the actual stock moonroofs in other places the car is sold.

My buddy sold me my 2005 lgt 5-speed with a perrin up, dp, cbe, and tmic with a cobb stage 2. I put in a drop in filter and a tdc tune and have noticed a good difference. When he first got his 04 gto he always complained about it not being as fast and was pissed he sold it. Realistically how often are you going to go over 100mph on a regular basis? To me they are more of an equal, hahaha, well atleast under 100mph

My buddy sold me my 2005 lgt 5-speed with a perrin up, dp, cbe, and tmic with a cobb stage 2. I put in a drop in filter and a tdc tune and have noticed a good difference. When he first got his 04 gto he always complained about it not being as fast and was pissed he sold it. Realistically how often are you going to go over 100mph on a regular basis? To me they are more of an equal, hahaha, well atleast under 100mph

Whats up Wes? I still wish I hadn't sold you my Baby! The GTO I own is a mostly stock 04 with a manual. I've had it at the track a few times this sumer, and only managed to run a 13.6. Before you say it must be the driver, I've had a few really good drivers run the car and not do any better. I will be adding long tube headers, mid pipes, cat back, and a cam real soon, which should really wake this car up. It doesn't handle as well as the Subaru, but it is way more comfortable, and I personally think it is a better looking car. So if your Subaru is Stage 2 with an up,dwn pipe, and intercooler don't be afraid to run an 04, but my friends 06 with long tubes, and exhaust runs low 12's all day long.

Archived