LegacyGT.com

Would you still buy a Legacy if there was no GT?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course.

I shopped carefully and selected a Legacy 3.0R even though turbo models are not sold here in France. I wanted a new, powerful, comfortable, safe, reliable, quiet, attractive sports sedan. When I started looking, I only had a vague notion that Subarus even existed, but in terms of features and value-for-money, the Legacy emerged as a clear winner. The other cars I looked at were Lexus IS250, Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Honda Accord, BMW 3, Audi 4, Mercedes C, Ford Mondeo and Mazda 6. That last two were possibilities, but they are just too #^%&^! ugly. That's one thing that doesn't get mentioned enough: just how pretty the Legacy is. I love its graceful, almost feminine, body design, and the interior is so elegant, with an appealing simplicity and symmetry in the dashboard and side instrument panel. Compare it with the new Class C with its fat arse and hideous snout. The Legacy is a lovely car!

Hey mang, it's my 1st car... I've got the Legacy because it's different from everything on the road. Aside from the unique and superior exterior design, there's always that safety features of AWD and side curtain airbag standard.

It's after i got the Legacy and found out Subaru is rated very high on safety ratings, which was a plus.

I almost got a TSX.. but i like to be different

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

If not for the turbo, I would probably still be driving my '02 2.5RS

I had buyer's remorse for about 3 weeks after buying the LGT because I just couldn't get used to the handling characteristics. It inspired no confidence for the longest time - it seemed floaty in the corner. I knew that it could handle everything and more my RS could handle ... it just didn't feel right. After a while I got used to it and I loved the car. New tires completely shook out all the handling issues and the car feels great.

And I was sold on the looks too. Really the whole new platform was necessary for me to take a look at the Legacy. I could never get comfortable (hell, I just didn't fit) in the '00-'04 Legacy - the driver's seat sucked for a 6'2" guy with most of his height coming from long legs. Oddly the '02 Impreza, while claiming less measured legroom, was clearly better suited to taller drivers due to ergonomics. So I really hadn't paid too much attention to the release of the new for '05 Legacy. When I heard it had a 2.5L Turbo, I started to pay attention. I remember the first time I really noticed a new Legacy GT in December of '04 and thought it looked like sex on wheels, and I knew it would be my next car. I didn't last too long before ending up at a dealership looking, and ended up buying the car 2 months later.

But ultimately, in '05, the GT did look better than the 2.5i in my opinion since I don't believe the '05 2.5i was offered with the 17" wheels. There are other styling cues that are subtle, but I think add to the overall look like the side mirrors, and the hood scoop really changes the appearance from the front in my mind.

The 2.5RS still had better seats than the Legacy (though I appreciate the heated seats to be sure!) and I wouldn't have been too keen on moving to a larger car with the same engine.

And that is the biggest reason there, the engine. It's plenty peppy to get one around, but all the additional features that make me love the LGT (Heated seats, Auto Climate control, Styling, Size) wouldn't have been enough to sway me from the Impreza platform.

I MIGHT have ended up in a used G35C, since that's the one car that I see from time to time that really makes me wish I had at least taken a look.

Of course.

I shopped carefully and selected a Legacy 3.0R even though turbo models are not sold here in France. I wanted a new, powerful, comfortable, safe, reliable, quiet, attractive sports sedan. When I started looking, I only had a vague notion that Subarus even existed, but in terms of features and value-for-money, the Legacy emerged as a clear winner. The other cars I looked at were Lexus IS250, Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Honda Accord, BMW 3, Audi 4, Mercedes C, Ford Mondeo and Mazda 6. That last two were possibilities, but they are just too #^%&^! ugly. That's one thing that doesn't get mentioned enough: just how pretty the Legacy is. I love its graceful, almost feminine, body design, and the interior is so elegant, with an appealing simplicity and symmetry in the dashboard and side instrument panel. Compare it with the new Class C with its fat arse and hideous snout. The Legacy is a lovely car!

You live in France and did not consider a French car?Just guessing you're not French.

Anyway I only considered the GT.

in hinesight, i remeber i was about to get a 06 se, and i was gonna use the extra money to turbo the rwd machine sitting at my hose considering im going to rebuild the engine by the end of this year anyway, or i was going to put a supra 7mgte engine it the car, then i saw this legacy in tx and got it for 16.5 out the door. So it was cheaper than the se i was going to get from sojax.

Nope, not for me nor my wife since I'm an occasional driver of her LGT.

I have recommended the 3.0R to a few people (and would change to 2.5i if they couldn't swing the 3.0R) because I know Subie makes a rock-solid fun to drive vehicle. Not everyone needs/wants the turbo.

That said, my dollar vote is for the performance cars (02 WRX, 04 FXT, 05 STi, 08 LGTSB) so if I hadn't gone Legacy due to no turbo or super performance N/A version existing either (325HP?) , we'd have probably gotten a turboed Forester again. The power is sooooo addictive. The non-turbos are still cool in my book to too though! :cool: Subaru Brothas/Sistas UNITE!

probably no, back then, when i found out about the legacy through the spec B version. but now, i guess i wouldn't really mind. probably make it like hanger's car except with different rims and the car in SWP.

THAT is the quote of the day!

better yet.... that is the quote of the thread right there!

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived