LegacyGT.com

Would you still buy a Legacy if there was no GT?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big fat NO! I would have been rocking a no-trunk space GTO right now (and probably not complaining). :rolleyes:
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Yes, if you're in the market for a midsize sedan or wagon AWD, there are not many choices, particularly for the price.

I wanted a nice (e.g. leather, heated seats, dual ACC, etc.) non-FWD sedan for $25k. The Legacy fit the bill perfectly. I would have had to spend 8k-10k more for a BMW or Audi and had to deal with astronomical service costs and terrible reliability. No thanks.

To my knowledge, there are no $25k non-FWD sedans with a manual transmission made by any manufacturer outside of the Subaru Legacy.

+1, although if the H6 was in the Legacy wagon with a 5MT I would strongly consider one.

Good call. I'd buy an H6 wagon if available, even an older (2004) Outback H6 like my In-Laws' wagon. That is a nice car!

If that didn't exist, I'd be in a 328/330 BMW or a G35 sedan, or maybe an AWD Volvo S60 or V70 wagon... mmm choices.

I did buy an 06 N/A first and had it for a whole 11 months before finding my 05 LGT wagon. It wasn't a bad car, but I traded in a turbo car for it trying to be pratical and it just wasn't for me. My husband is thinking about an outback though so we have one that is N/A and reliable, and then my car which is Turbo and reliable most of the time lol.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Would never have even been on my radar w/o the turbo.

my position, exactly.

I would not have waited two years for a Legacy if it were just another sedan. AWD is nice, and definitely a big plus. But the turbo is a big dose of "soul" to this car.

If I were looking for a nice, capable car for someone else, and were lucky enough to find the Legacy, I would definitely recommend it.

But for myself, an enthusiast, I would have gone with a more powerful car than the 2.5i, although I am not sure what. A4 turbo is not as powerful and more expensive, previous G35 was not the greatest, but probably the closest, or tried to find an E36 M3 4-door with low used mileage, or a nice used 5-series. One can argue whether the Mazdaspeed6 would have existed without the 2005+ Legacy GT having existed, considering how closely they are matched.

Absolutely not. When shopping for cars, I was very torn between the Accord V6 coupe, and the Legacy GT. Take the turbo away, and the Accord wins hands down. They're both very nice cars, don't get me wrong, but the Accord just doesn't have "it"

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived