LegacyGT.com

Car broken into

Sorry to hear the news man. GL with the passport and bank transfers. Those are a pain to get and do. You need one thing to complete another. Anyway hope it all gets sorted out for ya.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, pillboy just lightened my day a lil.

i normally take things in too. glad they didn't nab my Valentine too :lol: just thought about that...b-tards.

i'll be going around the neighborhood tonight looking to see if they ditched it somewhere after taking stuff out of it.

Sorry to read about your break in, that really sucks......As for the thief, I say "IT HERIFIN ELLERI KIRILSIN". I had to call the KISS line here a while back, locked my own keys in with the car on our driveway. Hadn't realized just how easy it is to get the window parted enough to open up the car, you know......Lesson learned: I/we don't even leave anything that might even tempt a 1st timer. We don't even have tinted windows......IMHO: If ya gotta leave valuables in your car, take a moment and put them in the trunk, lock your trunk release......Again, sorry to read about the viloation of your property......

That absolutely sucks about the situation. It still amazes me how sketchy some ppl can be and do stuff like that.

I'm interested in how they got in. Did they just pop the window off the track and open the door? Is there anything us fellow subaru owners can do to prevent this?

Anybody remember the alarm system in robocop 1? I think its called VIPER and it sets the person on fire when they are trying to break in... i wish The U.S. allowed these things... that would be great. When you wake up in the morning you can see the scumbags that tried to break in charred on the floor. Ahh how i love 80's movies.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Sorry to hear about that groff. I had my Impreza broken into 3 times! Two at night in front of my apartment, and once at the movie theater.

Now I keep my glove box and trunk locked, and never keep anything in the car, especially in view. The only thing of value that might normally be in there is my camera, and occasionally I leave my ipod in there, but those are both never visible. CD changer normally has 1 - 3 cds in there, but usually they are just mp3 cds that i can burn again.

I definitely feel for you, having been through it several times myself, but seriously, you should not have left your valuables in there in the first place. If someone broke into my car I would be pissed about the damage they did instead of the belongings they took.

I have had a couple dreams about my car getting broken into, most recent was last night. It was parked in a parking structure at mandalay bay in vegas, and when I got back they had taken the hood, front bumper, rear bumper, trunk w/ spioler, wheels, seats and stereo. Probably thinking it was an accord with a body kit or something. When I first got my car, I was always nervous about the nav screen being a reason for someone to break in, but I have since gotten over that fear.

Good luck getting everything back in order. I have personally lost >300 cds, 2 stereos, 2 subs, a laptop (in the trunk at the movie theater). and a apexi safc stolen. The SAFC was the reason they broke in at the theater, probably thinking it was a cd changer or something, but they didnt take the wiring harness. I had to re-wire my ecu in the theater parking lot so I could drive home. The last time they broke in, they slashed my seats up with a knife and did unrepairable damage to the dash.

You'd think that if they are breaking in and stealing stuff, they'd at least have the decency to NOT slash things up, and maybe even leave you a "thank you" note.

I wish they would sign it too, so I can track them down and leave a "thank you" note of my own.

Geeze and that didnt trigger the shock sensor?

Thats what I thought the whole time too, then I thought maybe it wasn't standard on all years or something. I got the upgraded shock sensor and have it set to max sensitivity (neighbors hit it with a soccer ball and it didn't go off), but it has never made a sound and I don't really feel like going out there to kick it to see if it works.

Thats what I thought the whole time too, then I thought maybe it wasn't standard on all years or something. I got the upgraded shock sensor and have it set to max sensitivity (neighbors hit it with a soccer ball and it didn't go off), but it has never made a sound and I don't really feel like going out there to kick it to see if it works.

Thats odd. Even if I close my trunk lightly the system chirps twice. Seems like the force of a soccer ball would certainly trigger some chirping.

My dad's A6 had 4 motion sensors, one in each window frame. If you broke the window, it would trigger it the alarm, which was also the weakest car alarm I have ever heard.

Best security system I've ever seen was on the James Bond Lotus Espirit in "The Spy Who Loved Me"...effer blew up when someone tried to break in. Best scene in the movie. I gotta watch that again.

That was the Espirit in "For Your Eyes Only"

I though he drove a Lotus in just one movie? I obviously didn't spend enough time with The Google.

"For Your Eyes Only" was a red Lotus. "The Spy Who Loved Me" was a white Lotus. It was the white one that blew up if I remmeber correctly.

It is still ugly.

UPDATE:

thieves are dumb :rolleyes:

one of my accounts that was in the process of closing (waiting for the rent check to clear) just had a check written from it that i didn't write. notified the bank, who notified their fraud team, i'll be getting that money back (since the handwriting on the checks isn't even close) and the fees to stop payments will be waived too. called the police dept and left a message w/ the officer who is handling the case, since the crook was dumb enough to write a phone number on top of the check at the place that he used it. hopefully its a valid phone number ;)

its an NYC number though, 212. looked it up in google :lol:

Archived