LegacyGT.com

Car broken into

Well, thought I had her secured pretty well. Always locked, its in an underground parking garage at my condo, which conveniently doesn't have security. They used the easiest trick in the book to getting into subarus by prying/popping the window out of the track. I was working on my car until about midnight so it was sometime after that and before 6am. (which is weird because i had my hood up letting the car cool off for a couple hours while i was at dinner and had a day dream during that time that i came back down to it and someone was standing there stealing stuff :rolleyes:) Took my briefcase with every piece of personal information in it along with my ipod nano sitting right there. couple checkbooks, passport, and my damn glasses too! :mad: What a frustrating situation to be in. Hey at least they left the car and the $10,000 worth of engine stuff under the hood and the $1000+ of tools in the trunk right?

need a new window most likely since it has a screwdriver mark right in the middle of it, new weather stripping, new trim piece inbetween the front and rear windows, new interior latch handle, and i'm gonna try and get a new door piece too to replace the screwdriver or coat hanger mark to it. plus what ever is damaged inside the door in terms of the window track.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that blows dude, sorry to hear that. I've had stuff taken from an older car and right out of my own garage once ! I can't stand the violated feeling, really makes me mad :mad:

So is it that easy to break into our Subies ?? Should I/we look into better alarm systems if we live in the "badlands" ??

Man.....

sorry to hear it, that sucks!!

The worst item that was taken were the checks. Same thing happend to me about 5yrs ago. Closed that account that day & informed the bank what happend. For the next 3-4mo collection agency's were calling me about the NSF check & closing the account. Had to finally get a Attny. involved as even giving them the police report did not get them to stop badgering us:(:(

Make sure you make plenty of copies of the police report....you'll need them.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

luckily :lol: the checkbook that has most of my money only had 1 check left in it. but they still have the account number i suppose.

the other bank has already transfered funds out to a new account and kept enough in there for the existing outstanding checks (aka rent and bills for august) to be cashed.

yeah, no copies of the actual report yet, just the case number. they were able to lift some prints off my windows that i had just washed 2 nights ago so those are on file if other people start reporting problems from the same area. which i'm sure they will because there was a softtop miata 2 spots down from me that now has a nice hole in the top and whatever was in his backseat is no longer there :eek::eek::eek:

don't think a better security system would have done anything for me. the guy w/ the miata has an aftermarket alarm, when i start my car in the morning and drive by after work it sets his alarm off w/ just the boxer rumble ;) so i would have imagined between my alarm going off (which is annoyingly loud underground) and this other alarm which blares that someone would have woken up, guess not though. when i left from working on my car i walked out the garage through the driveway rather than go up the locked stairs, and noticed an old man standing in the window of his dark living room (all that was on was the TV), unfortunately he didn't see or hear anything though because i asked this morning. i thought to myself how sketchy it was that he was still awake so late, and then on my way in waved to him ask kind of an FU, i can see you standing there spying like old people do...wish he was still spying when this went down :(

i don't have the pics that the officer took this morning, nor do i have my camera here at work. i'll try to get them with the police report later tonight when the officer comes back onto his shift at like 930 or so. because i'll be having the window reset back into the door today since its supposed to rain

forgot to mention, i hope i have a backup map for my car at home on my laptop, because i know it was on my USB stick in the briefcase.... and who knows when you'll get a dead battery or some other s will hit the f

dam, so sorry to hear:mad:...what a pain! Hope you get things cleared out soon... I dread about something like this happening so I pretty much keep all my $$ in a CD so they have 'nothing' to take from me...not that I have much in there anyways :lol:
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Damn, you have to be a desperate, respectless, low-life, useless parasite to do such a thing. I don't even consider these people as human beings.

And it should be legal to shoot these fucktards on sight just because of the feeling it gives to their victims.

Sorry about your woes.

The only reason they broke in is your briefcase was visible and probably assumed you had something valuable like a laptop in it.

My ex-wife has a similar break in her 98 Legacy over a $25 boom box on the back seat.

You never expect to be robbed though... definitely the worst feeling ever!!

It's sad that these parasites never learned a lesson from their parents: you work hard to earn things, not be an asshole and take what others worked hard to earn.

Karma's a (female dog) though! Whoever did it will get there's down the road. You may never know about it, but it's bound to happen... ;)

yes to the last 4 posts.

i keep those items in my briefcase, which is normally always on me, because my roommate doesn't always lock the door to our condo. which is inside and probably more secure than my car i now see. at any rate, i don't have a safe deposit box in VT here, its back at clarkson 3 hours away, hence why i had the passport with me, and because i'm a lil broke considering all my money is under the hood.

at any rate, its not normally in my car, its normally on me, lesson learned, i'm out a lot of stuff now. and trying to get a new passport is a freakin bear. one bank was happy to cooperate, the other has been a pain (since its not local)

You never expect to be robbed though... definitely the worst feeling ever!!

It's sad that these parasites never learned a lesson from their parents: you work hard to earn things, not be an asshole and take what others worked hard to earn.

Karma's a (female dog) though! Whoever did it will get there's down the road. You may never know about it, but it's bound to happen... ;)

karma might be a bitch but if that was me, I'd settle for the instant gratification of seeing that fucker have his balls ripped clean out of his sack by my 75lb pitbull :lol:

amen to that... but chances are if you don't catch them in the act youll never find them (unless you find info that it was someone you somehow know), so at least feel good knowing that Karma's gonna get them eventually! You just can't go around doing crappy things to people and not expect to get crapped on!

That stuff never happens in Burnsville....yeah right.

The police report for our suburb always has car break-ins in underground parking garages for apartments/condos...makes you want to park outside. I hate leaving my car any place other than my home (single family) garage. I don't even like to park in my own driveway over night as there is always some asshat vandalizing sh!t. I also never leave anything of any value in the car. It's a pain, but take everything (breifcase, laptop, camera, iPod, etc) out every night.

Sorry to hear of the troubles and hope it doesn't mushroom into an identity theft issue that takes a year to clear up.

It is still ugly.

Archived