LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

I wonder if you guys are just seeing mileage drops because the winter gas formulation is out now? Could it just be coincidental that it's the same time you had your reflash done, or did you notice the mileage drop weeks/months ago?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if you guys are just seeing mileage drops because the winter gas formulation is out now? Could it just be coincidental that it's the same time you had your reflash done, or did you notice the mileage drop weeks/months ago?

As posted I was one of the first that got teh reflash. I immediately went on a 1500 trip the week after and noticed the drop.

Hate to revive this dead thread but you may notice something from your reflash. Mine got a little better!!!!! The problem is that I went from 25-27 mpg tanks to now struggling to get 21. I realize the cold weather has to take some of the blame, but this is 85% highway driving cruise set at about 62 to try to maximize milage and shifting at less than 3000 rpm. I am trying to drive as sedately as possible but it does nothing. My reflash runs pig rich. Not a very good use of premium gas.

I really liked the concept of what the car is supposed to be but mine is a piece of S**T.

It did indeed get a little better, but not much. It now has about 700 miles on it since the flash, but we have had snow every other day here so I've been driving in I mode for the most part to keep the car straight.

I too noticed a mileage drop. My thought was also that it was from the change to winter gas. I was consistantly getting 27MPG and it dropped to 24-25MPG. This makes me wonder...

Alright, I'm starting to feel better about seeing lower numbers in my city driving...here I am thinking...damn, I'm not getting on the gas this much...where the heck is it going??

whew.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I've seen no change in mileage. I don't think we get "winter" gas in Southern Texas though. I've put roughly 6k on my car since the reflash and the extreme studder is gone but the everyday jerk is still very present.

Those of you experience the REAL studder often will appreciate the reflash but anyone that wants a smooth pull from 3k to redline will be disappointed.

lol

I believe we have the same formulation year round here, but I noticed my milage drop when I first got the car back from reflash in august.

I am guessing the reflash "fix" is just run the map pig rich.

After my 7th phonecall to Subaru, I actually talked to a human who returned my call. The first "senior rep" who was my case manager was never at his desk and would never return a voice mail. Anywho, his supervisor said the typical "Your car runs fine, we won't do anything."

SO I gave them offical notification that I intended to lemon law it so they will now have someone from their arbitration program conatact me. (in my state the law is very much in the consumers favor and if succesfull you get full purchase minus no more than 10% plus full tax title and license, you have to go through arbitration with the carmaker first but do not have to accept the offer) I would hope this motivate these jerkoffs to offer something because if I win a lemon law case I get more money back than the car is worth and carfax would say "LEMON!"

A friend of mine called Subaru when his new forrester died and left him on the side of the road in the cold. When the car was thawed out it never happened again and when he called Subie, they extended his powertrain to 8/80 on the spot. For me, they do not return perfectly plesant voicemails until the seventh call and FOUR MONTHS after I placed the first one.

I'd be more than happy to fix the stutter and milage with an AP, but if I have to pay $700 to make a new $30,000 car run like it should, Subaru better grab there f'ing ankles and cough up some kind of freebie fro selling me a broken car, and giving TERRIBLE customer service. I am sorry, non-existent customer service.

By the way, I know some people have different levels of stutter and different levels of tolerance of stutter, but I would just love it if there was a concerted effort of about 100 people pissed off about it to call the same CR rep whose number I have. If everybody started calling the same person who is at the top of the CR food chain, maybe they would recognize its a problem.

Just a thought.

This past weekend I was able to get into the throttle a little bit and i have to say it is really annoying how bad this studder is! I have owned the car for 2 weeks now I am starting to get a little ticked off. I am heading to the dealership today to hopefully get an answer on the reflash. Vader, your stories of CR Reps is a concern to me and probably a preview of what will come! Ha!

No. About $10k worth of damage though. On a positive note, I'm using the insurance $$ that would have been used for OEM exhaust parts to buy a borla cbe ftw. It actually would have been a win-win situation if that idiot had seriously injured himself. Seriously though, the subbie held up really well and kept us very safe for having a camaro hit her at full pace (45ish).

shitake mushrooms!!! seanlsb....that sucks! hope if gets fixed to your liking. ugh. just the thought of that makes me sick.

anyway...

vader, as you started saying concerted effort...I thought the next words out of your mouth were going to be: for everyone to data log. :lol:

I'm tryin', I'm tryin'!!! Stupid enginuity.

I still have somewhat of a stutter...but I don't have the time or energy to futz around with it. I'm bypassing stage 1 and 2 and going straight to 3 at somepoint this summer. That should obliterate any hesitation I have. :lol:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I've seen no change in mileage. I don't think we get "winter" gas in Southern Texas though. I've put roughly 6k on my car since the reflash and the extreme studder is gone but the everyday jerk is still very present.

Those of you experience the REAL studder often will appreciate the reflash but anyone that wants a smooth pull from 3k to redline will be disappointed.

My sentiments exactly. Also have not noticed decreased mileage, but I drive the car pretty hard on the rare occasions I drive it.

By the way, I know some people have different levels of stutter and different levels of tolerance of stutter, but I would just love it if there was a concerted effort of about 100 people pissed off about it to call the same CR rep whose number I have. If everybody started calling the same person who is at the top of the CR food chain, maybe they would recognize its a problem.

Just a thought.

That was my idea behind the stutter petition and my idea of all emailing soa regularly. I only have 55 petition entries and noone seemed up to the task of emailing soa.

No. About $10k worth of damage though. On a positive note, I'm using the insurance $$ that would have been used for OEM exhaust parts to buy a borla cbe ftw. It actually would have been a win-win situation if that idiot had seriously injured himself. Seriously though, the subbie held up really well and kept us very safe for having a camaro hit her at full pace (45ish).
Glad everyone was ok and insurance is taking care of you. Would have been very nice if he hurt himself, if it were me I would have bruised him up nicely.

My Impreza was just hit and run in a parking lot 3 weeks ago and it took 2 weeks of battling with the insurance (even with two witnesses) to get them to accept fault. I had to file complaints with the BBB and state insurance department on their failure to conduct a proper investigation. Funny though, that I got a letter in the mail telling me they "respectfully decline fault" 3 days AFTER I got a check from them. :lol:

Offtopic

Farmers...

My insurance (USAA) would have had no problem paying for the damages if I payed my deductible. Then they would do their own investigation and go after Farmers to get my dough back. But in the 4+ years I have been with them I have not had a single traffic ticket or claim. I didn't want to waste my get outta **** free card so easily.

/Offtopic

That's not a get out of jail free card - it's just called subrogation. It's part of the services that your insurance carrier should provide to you. Presuming the findings of your insurance company are supportable (proper evidence/witnesses) and it would be irrefutable by the adversary insurance, they would just offer you the service of pursuing the money. It's part of what you pay them to do. You would get your deductible back, by the way.

sorry guys, I'm new to this, just picked up my 08 LGT last wednesday, has 250 miles on it so far... I don't "feel" the stutter but sometimes the low end is lacking... I just thought it was turbo lag... as it picks up after 4,000

Should I get a reflash done, even if i don't think i feel it?

sorry guys, I'm new to this, just picked up my 08 LGT last wednesday, has 250 miles on it so far... I don't "feel" the stutter but sometimes the low end is lacking... I just thought it was turbo lag... as it picks up after 4,000

Should I get a reflash done, even if i don't think i feel it?

I wouldn't get the reflash unless you're definitely experiencing the stutter. What you're describing isn't the stutter... it just sounds to me like the turbo kicking in the way it's supposed to.

I wouldn't get the reflash unless you're definitely experiencing the stutter. What you're describing isn't the stutter... it just sounds to me like the turbo kicking in the way it's supposed to.

ok thanks guys, I just it doesn't happen to me, cause so far the car seems fine. I'm gonna get the AP when it comes out later on maybe in january after I break in my car anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Does the reflash have a reference no, software version code, anything to identify it please? I am close to getting an 08 Spec B, and I want to be able to ram it to the dealer beforehand that I know this sh!t can occur, and ask what level of software the ecu is coming with....

thanks

jp

Archived