LegacyGT.com

If available and under $40k would you buy a LGT STi?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even better these days.....

She has a certain "glow" about her;):):)

When I first read this comment about her "glow", my first thought was, "She's pregnant?!? She doesn't look it!".

I didn't want to say anything, hoping somebody else would bring it up, but nobody did, so I guess I had to. I suppose it's just where I grew up, but this was generally a euphemistic way of saying someone is in the family way (ie: pregnant).

This is in no way meant to imply anything, and I'm probably totally wrong, but that was the first thing that came to mind...

It was funny :) And I suppose if you weren't that familiar with AA and I from our years of posting nonsense on this board you wouldnt know that we had a bun in the oven. There is a pretty obvious pic (at least to me) of my belly on here though.

I had no idea you were pregnant (at least until the "glow" comment). If there was something posted here previously, I might have read it, but it didn't stick, so it's news to me. Congratulations!

When are you due? Is the baby to be born in Germany, or NC?

I'm confused about the bold bits...

First let's start with my biggest pet peeve.. I assume you want aluminium or carbon fiber driveshafts to reduce weight - is that th compensate for the added weight of the HID ballasts? Useless lights, total dealbreaker for me. Auto on-off? you can't turn them on when you need them? Better yet, just set the switch to "on" and you never ever have to touch it! :)

Not useless if you've had them, my wifes down market Jetta GLI has them and they are awesome, they really make night driving easier.

Electric power steering? As in no steering column between the wheels and the steering wheel? Is Logitech going to develop the force feedback system for the steering wheel then? :lol

Actually many new cars already have electric p/s, I will name a few (Civic Si since '01 & all MKV VW's). There is still a steering column but the pump is mounted to the rack instead of being belt driven. My wifes GLI has great steering feel and there is no weirdness like belt driven pumps can give because of varying RPM's effect on pump pressure.

Aluminium doors - as if the doors weren't already made of thin metal that dings easily.. why not plastic doors like Saturn?:)

Hey that's not a bad idea, maybe aluminum framing with plastic skin to kill the denting issue :-)

Current SpecB steering wheel - you want a race car like powertrain with carbon fiber driveshafts, yet you want the current SpecB steering wheel. I'd prefer a suede or Alcantara wrapped wheel myself, grippier :)

I just meant the functionality part of it, ie controls. suede or alcantra wrap would suit me fine too. I like the flat bottom on my wifes GLI, and more prominent finger hold bulges would be nice to ala GLI.

Shawn :-)

Say they make 500 for north america and that's it. Unlike what killed hte 06 spec B there would be a hp increase that may offset the price difference.

The 06 Spec.B does have more power than the LGT. Why SOA chose not to trumpet it remains a mystery though one possibility is that the Spec.B would be the tester the car rags would chose so the Spec.s were OEM tweaked to help LGT sales.

Hog is dead on here......

250 simply does not cut it anymore though. Both the Camry & new Accord outgun the LGT by more than 20hp.

The LGT should be tuned to @ least 280-285 & that is a minimum

Hp is fine for print but it's torque that does the work and the 2.5t still has very competive output in that department.

Pics of Legacy sedan driven by SWRT Staff.

http://andersoncollectibles.com/images/susie/Rally/Resized/legacystifrontsusie.jpg

http://andersoncollectibles.com/images/susie/Rally/Resized/legacystisideshot.jpg

http://andersoncollectibles.com/images/susie/Rally/Resized/legacystisusie.jpg

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the pix! Is this Legacy an official entry into some World Rally Event? (or is that just for the team members to drive around in?) (Sorry if you answered this before.)

Sweet lookin' Legacy STi! :)

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the pix! Is this Legacy an official entry into some World Rally Event? (or is that just for the team members to drive around in?) (Sorry if you answered this before.)

Sweet lookin' Legacy STi! :)

That what the staff of SWRT drives around. They have a Legacy STi Sedan, a Legacy STi Wagon, a Legacy Outback Wagon, a Tribeca and a Libero Van. All are painted WRBP and decorated with yellow SWRT badges.

Actually many new cars already have electric p/s, I will name a few (Civic Si since '01 & all MKV VW's). There is still a steering column but the pump is mounted to the rack instead of being belt driven. My wifes GLI has great steering feel and there is no weirdness like belt driven pumps can give because of varying RPM's effect on pump pressure.

-)

It's electric assisted p/s. There is no hydrualic pump or hydraulic system at all with the systen. Currently VW/Audi wise the A3, TT, Jetta, GTI, Rabbit all have it. Basically there is an electric motor mounted to the steering rack. Through many inputs and such a certain amount of amperage is applied to the motor for steering assist. The steering wheel is still mounted to a column that is still splined to the steering rack.

I have heard of a system were there is no mechanical connection between the steering wheel and steering rack. I think Benz is trying it. There is also talk of a brake system that is like that too. Honestly since Subaru hasn't seemed to master electronic throttle yet lets just let them fix that first before trying something cutting edge.

The last time Subaru gave a Legacy to STi for some tweaking was in 1992....and that car is still sort after 15 years later.

Subaru Legacy STi package introduced in Japan (August 9, 2006)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2006/08/legacysti.jpg

Click for high-res gallery

Yesterday, Subaru announced the Subaru Legacy "tuned by STi" package for the Japanese market. Limited to 600 units total, the tuner kit can be ordered for either the Legacy Wagon or Legacy B4 (sedan). No engine modifications are part of the package since it's available only for the 2.0 GT spec.B trim, which already features Legacy's top-of-the-line 280-horsepower mill.

The list of add-ons includes the following:

• <LI _extended="true">Sport suspension feat. Bilstein dampers <LI _extended="true">18" STi wheels <LI _extended="true">STi front and rear spoilers <LI _extended="true">Brembo brake upgrade <LI _extended="true">Leather/Alcantara seating with red contrast stitching
    <LI _extended="true">STi electro-luminescent gauge pack <LI _extended="true">STi badging
  • STi muffler with dual tip

Al of those are applied to the recently-facelifted Legacy, which looked great to begin with, to give it a decidedly sportier look and feel than the already-impressive spec.B model. In addition to the body style, buyers can choose between 6-speed manual or 5-speed (paddle-shift) automatic transmissions. Pricing ranges from ¥3,979,500 ($34,700 USD) to 4,116,000 ($35,800 USD). Dealers are taking orders now, and deliveries will commence in February.

The last time Subaru gave a Legacy to STi for some tweaking was in 1992....and that car is still sort after 15 years later.

Methinks you're forgetting something...

2002 S401

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0406scc_subaru_legacy_sti/index.html

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s401/index.html

Subaru_Legacy_S401.jpg.39ad850cfd875569859417970fa20e94.jpg

try 2007 and here is your proof

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/P1010044.jpg

Archived