LegacyGT.com

Do you think the Legacy AKA Liberty sti will come to the USA

seeing how SOA has been operating, not in the near future. We really need to start a petition to SOA to not water down what they offer from JDM, ADM, EDM.

"IF THEY BUILD IT, THEY WILL SELL"

But it seems that all automakers in the states still take their marketing and view point on what to sell in the US by Detroit. Hell, Toyota and Honda water down most of what they offer for the states as well. When are they going to learn.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I do believe there would be a market for it. Look how quickly the Sti Limiteds sold out. That was the first time in a while Subaru had a car in demand (since the Wrx & Sti first came out). Even if they released a LGT tuned by Sti(preferabley with the 293hp engine) in limited numbers if the price is with in reason they'll sell.

Thing is subie corperate has their collective heads in a stinky dark place. I bet if someone started a list or something asking if Subaru actually made a LGT Sti (being realistic and if they gave us the Wrx Sti motor instead of the turbo H6) would you trade in your car for one if it started at say $38k? I would say a 20-30 people here would definately get one, about 50+ would "say" they'd get one. The rest would say its to much. Now that's not counting the people that aren't on here that would also pick one up as an alternative to a M3 or S4. Being the fact that I just boght my 08 spec B, if the numbers were right I'd get one(definate).

I just don't see it happening until maybe the end of this body style to move a few more units.

Sti's, not Sti Limiteds. I actually orderd a Sti Limnited before the spec B. When they went to order it they supposedly had to pull some strings to get me one. THen Subaru supposedly canceled the order. When I found that out, I did a search and there were only 3 in the entire midwest region. That was in january. Dealers were also charging well above sticker for Sti Lmiteds too.

IF you aren't fimiliar with the Sti Limited, basically it dericed an Sti. Got rid of the big bi wings, for a nice BMWesk rear spoiler. Added a front lip spoiler. The biggest change was the addition of an all black leather interior with heated seats. Basically they made a high performance psuedo luxury car. WIth only 800 made (400 pearl white,400 urban grey) they sold all of them with no problems what so ever. In fact they sold about half of them being preordered. You say the market is saturated, but for a limited edition car that packs a punch and is under $40k they'd sell every last one of them with little or no problem.

The STI limited sold out quickly because people circle jerk to STI's and a limited production model is OMGWIN!.. Whereas the majority of people interested in Legacy's are hippies and old people. The 06 Spec B was a limited production model, where there were less made than the STI limited, and there were Spec B's sitting on lots for months. So why would Subaru bring over another "limited" Legacy if their first attempt wasn't a blazing success?

The STI limited sold out quickly because people circle jerk to STI's and a limited production model is OMGWIN!.. Whereas the majority of people interested in Legacy's are hippies and old people. The 06 Spec B was a limited production model, where there were less made than the STI limited, and there were Spec B's sitting on lots for months. So why would Subaru bring over another "limited" Legacy if their first attempt wasn't a blazing success?

because the 06 had nothing more than red interior, a little better suspension, and it's limited availability to offer. had it been a true STI legacy with the 6MT and 300/300 to offer, i can guarantee it'd have sold out just like the STI limited.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

because the 06 had nothing more than red interior, a little better suspension, and it's limited availability to offer. had it been a true STI legacy with the 6MT and 300/300 to offer, i can guarantee it'd have sold out just like the STI limited.

IBthespecbownersshittwiceanddie

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Sti Limiteds sold fast cause there are a ton of people like me that hate the riceness of the Sti,Evo,Srt 4, etc. but want the performance. If Subaru didn't cancel my order I'd be cruising one. It didn't happen so I got the spec B (which I later found out was a good thing). I'm 30 now and not a boy racer. I wanted a more upscale car that didn't grab the cops radar everything I pull out of the driveway. The Sti Limited was a lot more downscale looking then the regular Sti. Not only that, but for all the ricer stuff they got rid of and things they added to the Sti Limited they were able to keep the sticker price about the same. So a regular Sti costed as much as a Sti Limited.

The 06 spec B sat cause at first dealers were trying to charge well above sticker for one. They had no hp or torque increase over a LGT (and not trying to start yet another fight either do the present spec B's) and only the same 5spd as a regular LGT. Other then the exterior/interior colors and suspension it wasn't enough of a difference to make people open their wallets to pay the extra cash to get one. You put a 300/300 engine in there (get rid of Si drive) put the Sti pink springs and other goodies and keep it under $40k they will sell. Problem is dealers won't charge just sticker for one.

Either way the US will never see it cause SOA doesn't want to take the risk. All we can do is sit here and look at pics of guys that have them and drool over it.

I think that might be true depending on the price...if Suby wants $40K for the STI legacy, I think it will sit on the lot, just like the 06's.

Archived