LegacyGT.com

Anyone Here Regret Buying Lgt?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio /w dual climate control in the '05 LGT Sedan really sucks. I want to swap aftermarket HU's without tearing apart half the car.

Oh, and it doesn't have laser sighted rocket launchers and trunk monkies....

The LGT is my favorite car of many I have owned! I love it! :wub:

Only regrets are so-so gas mileage (18 mpg city, 25 mpg hwy) and getting the clutch overheated in bumper to bumper traffic jams (but if you have to contend with stuff like that frequently, I recommend AT)

Only regrets are so-so gas mileage (18 mpg city, 25 mpg hwy) and getting the clutch overheated in bumper to bumper traffic jams (but if you have to contend with stuff like that frequently, I recommend AT)

:whore:

I dread steep off ramps in bumper to bumper traffic.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Radio /w dual climate control in the '05 LGT Sedan really sucks. I want to swap aftermarket HU's without tearing apart half the car.

Oh, and it doesn't have laser sighted rocket launchers and trunk monkies....

Put an 08 system in there.. :)

Dual climate works great in my 06....so does the radio....

just wish I had time to pick myself up a subwoofer

The '08 HVAC/radio unit won't work with the '05-07s from what I was understanding (the HVAC is wired different).

The dual climate & radio works great in my car, however I'd like the option to easily upgrade it to something with more bells and whisltes (Sirius, NAV, AUX input, etc), but I can't do that (easily and cleanly).

Middle son bought an '05 LGT and raved about it for a year and a half, then the little b-----d lent me his LGT for a couple of days while he worked on my Mazda 6s 5MT. I loved the LGT, and my 6 felt like weak sauce when I got it back. 2nd sneaky trick was riding up to the Mazda dealer when I had to have some minor service, and convincing me to walk over to the Subie dealer while we were waiting for them to finish with my Mazda. 3rd rotten trick was my boy telling the old man how they wouldn't let him test drive the Spec.B - and he bet me $5 they wouldn't let me take one out, either.

Suffice it to say that they did let me test drive the Spec.B -- and I bought the car a few days later. Now we both love our cars.

Everyone should have rotten, sneaky kids like mine! :wub:

Absolutely love my '05 GT MT Wagon (TDC Stage One, F/R Sways, jazzy ipod upgrade).

owned about a year and 1/2 and just crossing 50k. No issues to speak of. A few rattles that went away on their own. Clutch seems to have it's good/bad days. Highly recommend the TDC Stage One upgrade to keep the smile on your face.

HOWEVER, recently I find myself dreaming of Audi's new S4 MT Avant/Wagon. Yeah, it's expensive as hell and the reliability sucks, but it's a thing of beauty, goes like stink and has AWD. Even the toned-down A4 wagon is badass.

.........eventually, I'm snapped back to financial reality and realize my love for the LGT again. ;)

• 5 months later...
ive been pretty happy with my 06 lgt 5mt. i traded an 02 durango and an 01 jetta 1.8t for it so the mpg isnt a problem. the biggest things with me are the rattles, the lack of fold down seats and no aux in. luckily this forum fixed the aux in, thanks mike, and has helped track down the rattles. i didnt research much on the car...liked the way it looked...and did not drive it very hard on test. so, my last thing with the car is it is possibly too fast. i am an aggressive driver and spent my life staying away from cars i dont want to write big ins checks for. this thing is a sleeper...the first time i got pissed at some a$$hole on the interstate and grabbed fourth, it took off and surprised the crap out of me. i still have it and love the car. i have calmed down just a little since i bought it luckily.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to lie and say I wonder what's coming. When I bought my 08 sB I didn't know that Cobb hadn't released its AP2 for the 07-08 LGTs. I also got mine just as people were starting to talk about the stutter problem on 07-08s.

I can say I am glad I didn't get a MS6 (although the spy shots of the new Mazda 6 make it look really nice). I know I would have been disappointed with the MS6 in the snow.

I thought about the SRT8 GC too and have driven a few. I honestly love that thing. Its crued, no compromise straight line performance. Brakes its gottem, handling isn't that great. It put my into the set back every time I gunned it though which is something that almost always puts a smile on my face. At the time there weren't a whole lot of used ones around, and it came down to me being able to afford the payment and gas which wouldn't be easy.

I really wanted a used C32 AMG, but being in northern IL killed a lot of cars I would have really wanted. BMW ixes or xies are a joke for awd. I saw tons of them stuck with few inches of snow.

The one I really wished I would have gotten is a Volvo S60R especially a later one that came in sonic blue. The 4C suspension is actually a pretty slick set up. I heard a lot of oil leak problems with them and electrically problems. I took one home overnight and could have gotten a pretty good deal on a used 04. I just hate the fact with that car you only get 3 interior color choices (off white, baby vommit brown, and blue).

Guest Gitster

I regret buying a brand new 07 GT in December 06.

I wasnt financially stable enough to buy a brand new car, I should have bought a 1 year old and not taken the depreciation.

The one I really wished I would have gotten is a Volvo S60R especially a later one that came in sonic blue. The 4C suspension is actually a pretty slick set up. I heard a lot of oil leak problems with them and electrically problems. I took one home overnight and could have gotten a pretty good deal on a used 04. I just hate the fact with that car you only get 3 interior color choices (off white, baby vommit brown, and blue).

FWIW, S60R diffs are known for blowing up on the track.

I am not unsatisfied with my LGT purchase at all.

The AWD safety factor alone has kept me a happy camper for the last 3 years.

Plus the fact that when 'modded' my wagon is quicker than some dorky G35, TSX, TL, or 328i which all have some more 'upscale' appeal.

It's a great feeling to embarrass these cars on an open road with a full load of gear.

Can you buy those in a wagon? No.

I wanted a wagon, and I love having the quickest car up to the ski resort (and safest, with common-sense driving involved- obviously).

Traded my 2005 in after 8 months -- I just didn't fit the car. Acceleration was fun, but I just couldn't get comfortable. Now I've got a turbo Miata (2004 VR Mazdaspeed) that surprisingly fits quite well when the top is down -- which is every day in Florida. BTW, a sunroof is no substitute for a convertible top!

If you fit, you'll love the LGT. Maybe I'll fit the next gen LGT....

That's an odd move. Going from an all weather blue water race/cruiser to a snappy day sailor.

FWIW, S60R diffs are known for blowing up on the track.

I don't track my cars (or race in school zones for that matter). The hardest I really push my car is trying to get out on the highway my dealer is off of at night. I'm sure with some extra hp I'd be a lot more happy with the sB though.

Oh yes, living in Fairfield, you must have to deal with the traffic from Stamford to New York.

I used to live in Connecticut, just moved from Cheshire to Concord, New Hampshire. This is one of the many reasons why I need an all wheel drive car, because up here, you need one.

Pete

I love mine, I regret the speeding tickets it forces me to get. But I wouldn't buy an 08', I can't stand how it looks, but that's obviously just personal preference. Good luck!

To me, the 07 and 08 look identical. I know the grill is a bit different, but what are the other differences?

Pete

To me, the 07 and 08 look identical. I know the grill is a bit different, but what are the other differences?

Pete

Mostly cosmetic -- the lights are different (front and back) and the reflectors in the rear bumper. Off the top of my head, that is all...

Pete

IIRC the headlights, tail lights, front/rear bumpers, foglight grilles, upper and lower radiatior grilles, and probably some others I am missing.

Archived