LegacyGT.com

Anyone Here Regret Buying Lgt?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had mine for over 2 years 36,000 miles and bought it new and still love it. Only take it to the dealer for oil changes and the fan relay thing, but other than that I don't have ANY rattles or mystery noises to speak of. Have never regreted buying it because it just keeps getting better.

Most cars don't last more than a year at my house(This is #38). There is always some major design flaw that just drives me nuts, but this has been one the exceptions.

Let's kick this pig!

Sometimes I wish I had a car that was a little more headline grabbing. I love having a sleeper most of the time, but when I see someone looking in the windows and complimenting a BMW 325 I wish the greatness of the LGT was a bit more recognized among non-car people.

that is too bad. i live in subie country where 50% of registered vehicles in this city are subarus. ;) I get complimented almost daily. and for the days that i do have the tinted windows down and rolling with the shades, i get lots of people asking me what car i have or commenting how beautiful it is while at a stoplight. this car turns heads, because it certainly turned mine the first time i saw one. i followed the car for 5 miles until i could figure out what it was, then bought one within 6 months of seeing it. only thing i regret, is not making sure the rear seats folded down in the 05!!! :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

No regrets at all. Bought a used 05 LMT 5MT Wagon back in 10/06 and no problems at all and alot of fun to drive. She's defiantely a sleeper. I have little grips like no seat memory, but they are all minor. 2 thumbs up!

Did you buy the LGT yet?

update!

Best car I ever bought... still have a mother of a payment and love it!! :)

we'll see how I feel in 6 more years... LOL

I wanted one without the rear spoiler. Dealer said there wasnt any on the east coast without it. So he ordered one for me. Should be around mid july. He also said the price would be 27k ? Does that sound like to much. I do have the 2% below invoice so I will figure it out when the car gets here.

that is too bad. i live in subie country where 50% of registered vehicles in this city are subarus. ;) I get complimented almost daily. and for the days that i do have the tinted windows down and rolling with the shades, i get lots of people asking me what car i have or commenting how beautiful it is while at a stoplight. this car turns heads, because it certainly turned mine the first time i saw one. i followed the car for 5 miles until i could figure out what it was, then bought one within 6 months of seeing it. only thing i regret, is not making sure the rear seats folded down in the 05!!! :(

Yeah TRUE DAT....

They don't fold in 06 either...just a small center opening.

MAYBE it will fit a snowboard.....

Go for an 07 if the folding seats interest you..

I wanted one without the rear spoiler. Dealer said there wasnt any on the east coast without it. So he ordered one for me. Should be around mid july. He also said the price would be 27k ? Does that sound like to much. I do have the 2% below invoice so I will figure it out when the car gets here.

I don't think 27 is so bad....also depends on how it was equipped.....

What color?

I like it WITHOUT the spoiler too!!!!!

Did you have a chance to ask them NOT to drill into your front bumper?

No real regrets just some fit/finish qualms and missing options. I still think based on what was available down models (VW Jetta/Golf) that the LGT should have come with the 6spd, even if it was an option, I would have paid $500+ more. The Navi screen should have been standard, with or with actually having Nav (ie multi-function capability). The radio & climate intergration with no line outs sucks, although I finally did a 3Sixty, amp, sub and seperates. Also how about programming the climate control properly, its just a weird setup. Oh yeah and the leather being mandatory to get the moonroof, please. I hate leather, I would rather have gotten a non-limited but I could not get the moonroof. Lack of central locking feature from the outside of the vehicle and for god sakes we are in the 21st century how about auto up and down windows all around, not just the lame auto down only on the driver window. General fit and finish on the interior from the squeek and rattloe standpoint. Lastly Subaru needs to get there head on straight with accessories, why is it that I had to buy my mud-guards and trunk tray from outside the US? It took them over 2 years to bring the mud-guards and I still not sure if the tray is even available here. Alright I think I'm off the pulpit :-)

Shawn Baumgartner

I don't think 27 is so bad....also depends on how it was equipped.....

What color?

I like it WITHOUT the spoiler too!!!!!

Did you have a chance to ask them NOT to drill into your front bumper?

Not to many options.

extended arm rest, compass mirror.

I went with black. I actually like the dark grey but plan on going with bronze wheels so black will look better. I have a sportbike triumph Daytona 675 and it is black with gold so Im going to match my toys:cool:

Yeah TRUE DAT....

They don't fold in 06 either...just a small center opening.

MAYBE it will fit a snowboard.....

Go for an 07 if the folding seats interest you..

i'm planning to pick up an 08 STI hatch next year. ;) then it won't matter if my rear seats fold or not.

however, i will say, if i had known the 07 spec B was gonna be so hot, i may have traded in the 05 for it, but then again..... i did know and bought all my STI swap parts, but was too anxious to hold off on that project to do the spec B. originally in Jan, we were going to just take the 05 back to stock and trade it for the 07 spec B that's coming back in, but then it was way too much work for the swap to take it to stock. then i saw the new STI's will be a hatch so.... nm. i can have the best of both worlds if all goes as planned.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

at first I was regretting the LGT when I started having radio/battery issues at <500 miles. I got the radio replaced and no problems since. the cold of winter might make a liar out of me though. sometimes I think that I should have gotten an Evo like my buddy but then I turn on my heated seats, set the cruise control, and drive forever (because the car doesn't beat the shit out of me) to spend the $10K+ I saved over an Evo.

only thig I don't like about it after a year and a half is the seats. I added f &r sways, KW v.2 coil-overs, super pro LCA bushing, cusco f & r lower braces, 19"x7.5 w/225/3519 and AVO rsb brace. When I take corners hard I have to brace myself because the seats ave very little side suppport. Besides that I'm loving stages 2. I just need to get a tune for my FMIC.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

No regrets, just minor gripes.

Still amazed that SOA doesn't embrace the vehicle options list in the same manner as other markets (JDM AuDM etc). Even more amazed that it took them 3 years to step into the 21st century with hi-tech options (Aux input, MP3, Nav, Bluetooth).

If I could change anything it would have been the availability to option out my vehicle through Subaru rather than being forced to go aftermarket.

If I could have chosen different wheels, suspension upgrades, entertainment package, sport tuned exhaust, 6 spd MT, HIDs, ......

I realize Fuji is a small car manufacturer compared to Honda, Toyota, Nissan.. But they offer much more support in other markets than in the US.

I think it is VERY short sighted of SOA to assume that they can neglect the performance market just because their bread and butter is the Outdoors/Environmental/Practical market.

Let's face it the STI is NOT a practical car. It has a lot of functional utility, but it is rough around the edges for 99% of normal use.

The WRX and STI boosted Subies image and sales through performance. The LGT was an addition to this line up.

Maybe, just MAYBE, SOA will realize there is A LOT of $$$$ going out the door to aftermarket for parts that Subaru already offers in JDM.

Then again, I might win the lottery today.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

No you dont get it, SOA doesnt really want to make money :lol:

I forgot! That would require the treasury department to print more money, which would kill more trees, and that would drive away their customer base.;)

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

sure do. i could have picked up a used STi for the same price (23k) which has all the stuff I wanted (6 spd, Brembos, etc).

at least I have leather, power heated seats, dual ACC, moonroof, etc.

it's more of a grown up car.

Archived