LegacyGT.com

Anyone Here Regret Buying Lgt?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traded my 2005 in after 8 months -- I just didn't fit the car. Acceleration was fun, but I just couldn't get comfortable. Now I've got a turbo Miata (2004 VR Mazdaspeed) that surprisingly fits quite well when the top is down -- which is every day in Florida. BTW, a sunroof is no substitute for a convertible top!

If you fit, you'll love the LGT. Maybe I'll fit the next gen LGT....

i am very happy with my 05 LGT 5EAT. however, i do miss some of the performance of a 6MT now and again, but then i can now trade with hubby and drive the sti for the day. then when i'm stuck in traffic, i am happy i have my 5EAT. :)

Next car will be another subie for sure.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

^^^^ Traffic? :p

I am pretty satisfied with the purchase of the LGT. It is nearly identical in performance specs to my old S4, just newer and in theory less expensive to maintain. My only regret (s) would be that I traded up from my 2000 LGT to an Audi, insead of holding out for the 05 LGT turbo. (i.e. more money woudl be in my pocket....in theory) as well as I FINALLY had the Audi dialed in how I liked it, and now to start allllll over.

my only regret was not buying both of the remaining 2005s that were new at the time. I lived in OR, no sales tax, and they could be had for $24,900 a piece. one was red, the other black.....went with red. Would have been nice to have had them both.

Yes, I regret purchasing my 05 GT Limited. The rattles, the stutter, the paint, all of which I did not notice, when I researched and test drove this car. At first I have always regretted not getting the Infinity I was looking at, now, it has gotten to the point, that I also regret not buying the VW, and that is really sad.

Yes, I regret purchasing my 05 GT Limited. The rattles, the stutter, the paint, all of which I did not notice, when I researched and test drove this car. At first I have always regretted not getting the Infinity I was looking at, now, it has gotten to the point, that I also regret not buying the VW, and that is really sad.

From first hand experience I can tell you that Subaru has to have better reliability that the vw's. I had a vr6 with possessed electronics, wife had a 2.0 with good electronics but every other moving part had problems. Too bad because they were beautiful cars

ripsweetness,

I agree, and that is my point.

Some of us here do not notice or care about the rattles, and it seems every couple of months there is a new one; my latest, the sliding lid for the cup holders center console, took a month to track it down, some of us, and I am one, can not stand them, especially, if I can't find where it is coming from.

I have never had a car with so many rattles, as such, and there are many positives for the car, because of the rattles, I would not have bought it and regret doing so.

I still like my 05 LGT wagon 5MT. I ordered it in early fall of 04 exactly the way I wanted it. At the time I considered it to be the most go for the buck with AWD and MT. With the demise of the wagon and MT I am very glad I choice the 05 model year.

I also thought the wagon was one of the best looking out there at the time. I was turned off by the sedan because it did not have split folding rear seats.

My wife and I also owned a previous 95 legacy LS sedan for 10 years and had "0" problems with it. I agree that I have a few more rattles in this car then my previous legacy which had none.

Sometimes I wish I had a car that was a little more headline grabbing. I love having a sleeper most of the time, but when I see someone looking in the windows and complimenting a BMW 325 I wish the greatness of the LGT was a bit more recognized among non-car people.

I regret my 2.5i. Not because it doens't have the turbo... Im already counting down the days til i trade it in. Not sure totally why but im really disgusted with the paint and the rattles. My wife has a mazda thats been great so far. I think im gonna get a Mazdaspeed6 or go back to a truck next

Sometimes I wish I had a car that was a little more headline grabbing. I love having a sleeper most of the time, but when I see someone looking in the windows and complimenting a BMW 325 I wish the greatness of the LGT was a bit more recognized among non-car people.

Thats exactly how I feel. I know not much can touch this car as far as performance goes in this price range, but I wish it looked half as good as it performs. Passing on the G35 was hard to do. IMHO that is the best looking car under $35k

I bought me a 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Edition. I am in the Midwest, so the Limited Edtion Package is actually not easy to find in my area. I do agree with some of you others out there that the Subaru Legacy is sort of a sleeper car. It is often overlooked. While I can certainly justify buying my non turbo 07 limited edition for around 22k, I am not sure if I could justify buying a 07 or 08 GT for around 28 - 35k. That is a premier price range for a car and for that type of money you can actually get a good BMW, LEXUS, INFINITI and even some of the MERCEDES' like the 240. I am sure the LGT is a great car and nice to mod but if you are buying it new you really have to love subaru more than anything, to prefer it to some of the car companies I just listed here. Just remember that you are practically in the premier car buying class with all the money you spend on a 08 GT

I bought me a 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Edition. I am in the Midwest, so the Limited Edtion Package is actually not easy to find in my area. I do agree with some of you others out there that the Subaru Legacy is sort of a sleeper car. It is often overlooked. While I can certainly justify buying my non turbo 07 limited edition for around 22k, I am not sure if I could justify buying a 07 or 08 GT for around 28 - 35k. That is a premier price range for a car and for that type of money you can actually get a good BMW, LEXUS, INFINITI and even some of the MERCEDES' like the 240

See I am not really on that page, for the price I feel as if the Legacy GT is a huge value considering its fantastic performance and all wheel drive. A 3 series is so much, but an all wheel drive 3 series that can keep up with the LGT is on a whole other price point. I just want the Legacy to be a bit more noticeable for how great of a value it is.

I guess you do have a point, but it is just one of those things where if someone asks you "What car do you drive" and you answer "Subaru Legacy", most people are like "Oh ok, he got some sort of family oriented car or wagon". They don't give Legacy or Subaru as a whole for that matter the benefit of being a highly desirable good looking car. But if you take those 33k or whatever and you buy lets say a Lexus and someone asks you what car you drive and you tell em....

"I am riding in a Lexus", people kind of respond differently to that. They are kind of like "Oh, this guy is doing it big". Subaru is just is not known as being big when you compare it to some of those other car companies like BMW or Mercedes or Infinity. A lot of it is probbably just because those are car companies spend a ton more money on advertizing. I don't see all too many subaru commercials. Wonder what subaru can do to sharpen their image a bit :rolleyes:

Got to say it with pride folks "I AM RIDING IN A LGT BABY!..YEAH" Something like that.

No doubt that it is a great car though. Often overlooked

I bought me a 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Edition. I am in the Midwest, so the Limited Edtion Package is actually not easy to find in my area. I do agree with some of you others out there that the Subaru Legacy is sort of a sleeper car. It is often overlooked. While I can certainly justify buying my non turbo 07 limited edition for around 22k, I am not sure if I could justify buying a 07 or 08 GT for around 28 - 35k. That is a premier price range for a car and for that type of money you can actually get a good BMW, LEXUS, INFINITI and even some of the MERCEDES' like the 240. I am sure the LGT is a great car and nice to mod but if you are buying it new you really have to love subaru more than anything, to prefer it to some of the car companies I just listed here. Just remember that you are practically in the premier car buying class with all the money you spend on a 08 GT

I believe most people are paying around $26K for new GTs...

hmm..you are right. around 27ish...I don't know what I must have been looking at...probbably spec B or something else

Invoice http://file.kbb.com/kbb/images/wsr/nchub/whatsThis.gif

$27,083.00

In that case, Go ahead and buy one. You can drop 26 like its nothing probbably.

Yeah, the specB's are considerably more as well as the auto w/ navi. MT LGT nicely equiped cost me around $26.5K. And yes, it's paid off but that is because I got $15.5K for my '02 WRX and I had some moola saved.

^^:lol: I got rid of the MKV GTI to get my Legacy. Talk about rattles! The GTI was at the dealer weekly for this and that and more of this and mostly that. It was getting tiresome to spend my days off at the dealer for 5 different things at a time. It wasn't until a very large failure occured that I decided to ditch the VW and get back to Subaru. I've had the Leg for 6 months so far, and have only seen the dealership for an oil change...:)

I actually was set on getting a GT Limited when I sold my 1999 Impreza RS. I bought the RS off the lot and drove it for 135,000 miles. No problems- had to replace one wheel bearing over the 7+ years I owned it. Subaru makes great cars.

Looked at an Acura TL, BMW 330, LGT, and a Volvo S60 R. I looked at the others (besides the LGT) to justify the decision I had already come to- that I was picking up a manual limited or Spec B. After driving them the TL was too tame- I couldn't fit into the 330 (6'5") but the S60 R was more than I expected.

Yeah it's a Volvo but great combo of performance and luxury OUT OF THE BOX. Chip it, add a DP and exhaust and you're in the 370 HP area (www.evolvecars.com) not to mention the performance brakes, 18s", adjustable suspension, 6 speed and 300 HP it comes with out of the box.

In the end the cost of a new LGT with everything I WANTED- wheels, stage II, etc ended up adding thousands to the cost/concern about everything staying together.

If you haven't test driven a S60 R I would recommend it. Cheaper than you think. Picked mine up for $25K at Carmax- 2004 with 31K miles.

If SOA would get their act together with a legit Legacy STI I could/would go back. Bring that twin turbo six beast that has been rumored-

Good luck with your decision. Don't short change yourself. Test drive and check out all of the options out in your price range.

JT

Archived