LegacyGT.com

2009 Cadillac CTS-v 600hp

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard, yes they make good ones, but when you have a 620hp car, and you try and launch with the TCS on, all thats gonna happen is it will keep your rpms below 3k and you wont be going anywhere fast, you need to turn off the TCS when racing. The vette with street tires and 620hp will be a high 11 second car because or traction issues, with drag radials a low 10s with no problems.

The car will be a discussion piece, but hardly seems practically useable in any place that gets rain or snow. The non-V isn't quite sporty enough, and the -V is too powerful to be truly comfortable with

Is 600hp usable anywhere but on the track? The V isn't designed to be practical unless you need to trade in your Z06 because you have to have a backseat when you are racing.

My low tech GTO makes do just fine with snow tires. I don't believe the V will be too powerful to be comfortable. The S65 AMG doesn't seems to be uncomfortable with 604hp and 738 TQ.

(I don't want to be perrenially afraid of my car's handling and traction limits...)[/

The V's are very good handling cars.

Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard, yes they make good ones, but when you have a 620hp car, and you try and launch with the TCS on, all thats gonna happen is it will keep your rpms below 3k and you wont be going anywhere fast, you need to turn off the TCS when racing. The vette with street tires and 620hp will be a high 11 second car because or traction issues, with drag radials a low 10s with no problems.

Everyone who has a 620 hp rear wheel drive car please stand up :lol:

Well i have a 517rwhp supra, which is about 580hp with 93 octane. So if i use 118 octane gas i would be far more than 550rwhp which is 620 at the crank. I also ran a 11.19 in the quarter, i know i could have hit 10s but no roll cage means no racing if you run a 11.99 or faster

I'm just going by what I've experienced. A 300 horsepower Trans Am isn't the same thing, I know, but I do know that on days when the track (I'm talking 1/4 mile racing) was a little slick, and no one could get a good launch, using that traction control button on my car gave me consistent 13.70s all day long. The car's best time on a good day was 13.5.

Very doubtful that this Cadillac is going to have that much horsepower anyway. Like someone else mentioned, it will probably be more in the 500 range, and I'm sure the car will only be available as an automatic.

--

What is that supposed to mean that the car is a dyno queen?

I think that is what he was getting at.

So how does it do on a road course? Can you keep the turbo spooled up enough to make a decent corner exit under power, or is it only fast in a strait line like a muscle car?

I have replaced everything on the car, suspension, tranny, engine, turbo, rear end. It handles pretty well, for a 3800lbs car. I can def feel a difference when the Targa top is off. The body tends to flex alot more. My supra is not a dyno queen ill have to find my dyno chart but i made great power from 3400rpms to the 6800rpm redline and i get valve float at 7100. Im only running 19-21psi to make those numbers. I have seen some 900rwhp supra not get out of the mid 11s because they only make 900rwhp for like 800rpms now those are dyno queens. And i have seen a 659rwhp supra run high 9s. Its really how you setup the car up. I have never taken it to a road course. I do most of my racing on the street. There are a couple of place around here that are packed with street races every warm weekend and the civics still show up on cold weekends lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Officially released!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2009-cadillac-cts-v-revealed.html

Can't wait to read the reviews. It's heavy @ 4200 lbs, but with 550hp/550 ft/lbs of torque it still should be able to scoot.

Id just like to point at that the GS450h, with a 300 lbs battery pack weights 70 lbs less than this Cadillac. What did they do? Line it with lead?

Manually-equipped CTS-Vs will tip the scales at 4,200 pounds, with the automatic adding another 100.

wow so they made them alot heavier, the 06 CTS-V is only 3700lbs

And this is exactly what Mercedes and Bentley are trying to undo. They kept making their cars heavier, which meant they needed more powerful engines, which then lowered fuel economy & BOOM! The green movement hits and now they are trying to make their cars lighter again. Oh GM, will you never learn.

And Im curious as to how quick this car can hit 60 MPH.

Well that really depends, the old CTS-Vs the 06s can do it in just under 5 second, with a good driver with drag radials they can do it in under 4. The new one i have no idea its heavey but with more power. Gm doesnt care about the weight ofthat car, because they still have the corvette and that sitll weighs 3200-3300lbs lol.

And this is exactly what Mercedes and Bentley are trying to undo. They kept making their cars heavier, which meant they needed more powerful engines, which then lowered fuel economy & BOOM! The green movement hits and now they are trying to make their cars lighter again. Oh GM, will you never learn.

And Im curious as to how quick this car can hit 60 MPH.

I'll venture a guess of a traction limited 4.4-4.6 second 0-60 run on street tires, and a low 13 to high 12 second 1/4 mile, with a trap speed well into the 115-118mph range. So to answer your question it will be dirty ass fast. :)

The biggest downfall to a car with that much power is the street tires. I have seen bone stock ls7 vettes 505hp with just drag radials hit 10s. If it really does come with 600hp with drap radials it could be a low 11 maybe high 10 with 100 more and 120 more trq than the ls7.

Ok when was the last time an American Engine won the International Engine Award?? Or any engine award for that matter. All American seems to have is the GM LS-series of engines. THAT'S IT.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

I think u just pwnt the other guy LOL

u mean 2 valves per cylinder arent enough?? LOL

• 4 months later...

dare i say it... the new King of Cars?

Official Specs: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Will Make 556 Horsepower

MILFORD, Michigan — The wait is over as GM today released official specifications for its 2009 Cadillac CTS-V performance sedan. Its 6.2-liter supercharged V8 will produce 556 horsepower and 551 pound-feet of torque.

The 2009 CTS-V was unveiled in January at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, and in May teased fans with its record-setting run on the famed Nürburgring test circuit, but until today, official specs including horsepower and torque ratings, had not been announced.

According to Cadillac, the CTS-V will charge from zero to 60 mph in just 3.9 seconds, crossing the quarter-mile mark in 12 seconds flat at 118 mph. Equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission, the CTS-V is electronically limited to 175 mph, while the six-speed manual will allow drivers to reach 191 mph. If these numbers prove true, the CTS-V should handily beat the BMW M5, a car tagged by product chief Bob Lutz as the Cadillac's main target.

Stopping power is provided by Brembo brakes: 14.6 inches with six-piston calipers in the front and 14.3 inches with four piston calipers in the rear.

What this means to you: The baddest sedan in the land may finally wear an American badge.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/news/2008/0609/09.cadillac.cts.v.f34.500.jpg

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126900#2

Lol you could say that but the new vette is almost 1000lbs lighter with 625hp and 625trq.

As for you guys who think american companys ccant make good performance engines, the new GT500 long block can handle over 1000hp. As could the 03/04 cobra 4.6liter. The new SRT-8 and SRT-10 has seen over 1000hp with stock long block, the new lsa,lst,ls9 can also handle over 1000hp. As for 4 valves per cylinder gm has been proving that it only takes 2 to win races for over 50 years. I dont need an award to tell me what is or isnt a great engine i just do the research myself

Archived