LegacyGT.com

2009 Cadillac CTS-v 600hp

Taken from here: http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_0707_2009_cadillac_cts_v/

Blown! Next CTS-v gets 600-horse supercharged V-8

What's good for the Blue Devil is good for the Cadillac CTS-v. The next-generation muscle-Caddy, which is expected in the 2009 model year along with the quicker-than-Z06 Chevrolet Corvette, also will get the supercharged LS7 7.0-liter powerplant. While the Blue Devil, which will be named Z07, will have about 700-horsepower ("Trend," June), expect the engine to be detuned somewhat for the CTS-v to about 600 horses.

That's still well above the competition's numbers. The BMW M3 and Audi RS4 come in at 420 horsepower, and the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG looks to be about 503 horsepower, same as the CLK63 AMG Black Series that made its debut at the New York show.

On paper, the Z06's 505-horsepower, 7.0-liter has enough grunt to give the CTS-v the edge over its European rivals. But the naturally aspirated Z06 engine is said to lack enough low-end torque for a car of the Cadillac's weight. The Z06 weighs just over 3200 pounds; the new CTS-v is likely to tip the scales at about 3600.

Expect themes from the current Cadillac CTS-v to carry through to the new model, including stiffer springs and shocks, meaty Brembo brakes, a quicker steering ratio, fender blisters, and lower front and rear deck spoilers, a mesh grille, and nicely bolstered front seats.

http://images.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_0707_02z+2009_cadillac_cts_v+front_three_quarter_rendering.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy fork!

When/where will the horsepower battle end?

Well I though they would stop once they reached the traction limits of street tires, but I guess that is not the case.:lol:

WTF, they have been saying for months that its getting a LS7 and will have roughly 500 hp. Now they are saying 600? Going from 400 to 600 is a big leap, and I don't believe it till I see it :)

hellooo nissan altima...

oh wait, i ment caddy ctsv ;)

i wonder how these cars get traction, thats alot of HP

you must be smokin something good, cause I have never seen an altima that looked like that.

I've gone up against mildly blown versions of the current CTS-v and they are stiff competition. The stock brakes on the CTS-v are incredibly large.

and I am honestly talking from track time experience. not on the street. :)

But in the end, it's still a GM product :lol:

+1

they are fun to work on since its job security and you get to test drive them when you are done working on them but i would never own one. they cost way to much to maintain.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

The car will most likely be produced, not in volume by any means strictly a performance flagship.

I'd bet the basic CTS-V will get the 6.2 pushing 430-450hp

We can only hope they are getting a vette rear-end this time.......

the current CTS-V is very competent in the twisties, better than the wagon even in it's current state;)

Acceleration is now a different story.............

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I am sure they would have addressed the independent rear end issue by then.

Wheel hop like you wouldn't believe with just 400hp. There are many out there with cam swaps that have 500+ already with the old rear.

There are a few replacement options for them.

B

600 hp ... 7.0L engine ... OMFG ...

Hell why not just call it the CTS-V R.A.H. Edition (Ridiculous Amount of Horsepower)

Its an American made car and it will still have trim pieces that wouldn't go in a European hatchback ... it also won't be able to turn and will probably have to have endless electronic aids to make sure people don't kill themselves.

A better question is ... do they have an automatic transmission that can handle that much power??

I love my car ... basically.

Archived