LegacyGT.com

The Official: Wagon Mafia Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive decided that getting the LGT was more expensive than I realized

So many damned parts I want to buy! Boost guage, STi up-pipe, short shifter, IC sprayer, intake, exhaust at some point maybe.. gah!!

Never had this problem with the 25RS, nothing you could do to it!

Looking for some advice on installing coil overs, specifically Tein Flex. Has anyone done this themselves? How much work, tools, equipment and time are we talking about to do it, if at all?

I put KW v.2 on my wagon. You really need a impact wrench to get off the top nut and a big breaker bar to get off the bottom rear bolt. It took me about 2 hours to do them alone. Do a search in walkthroughs for more info. I just remember that you said flex. They dont you use factory top hats. It should be pretty easy.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Guest Gitster
And you gotta just keep rotating once you have punched it through to the point where the thread hits the suspension mount, otherwise punching it will not move the bolt at all, you gotta rotate to break the seal and then punch it through. You probably have no idea what im talking about, but when you get to the rears youll be thankful you know this. :lol:

I changed mine with a breaker bar and a floor jack. Didn't need an impact wrench. Don't forget to put a second breaker bar on the back side. I jacked away on one bolt for about 15 minutes before I realized it both the bolt and nut were rotating together. DOH!!!

Real Subarus are WAGONS. Period.

Grocery Getters FTW, now and forever.

Can I roll with this crew?

No,

or at least not until you change the description of your car from "Anti-limited", to "TR edition".

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Hey - go you guys have the cargo cover, and if so, does it cover the whole area? I think mine is a knock off cause it leaves about 6 inches uncovered at the very back, and the handle area is flat. Gfs OBS has one and its curved and covers 99% of the cargo area

Hey - go you guys have the cargo cover, and if so, does it cover the whole area? I think mine is a knock off cause it leaves about 6 inches uncovered at the very back, and the handle area is flat. Gfs OBS has one and its curved and covers 99% of the cargo area

You got rooked. There is a flap of black fabric that hangs down from the tailgate that is horizontal when closed, so it closes off the gap.

Sounds like your car was modded to save weight!:lol:

Late entry into this thread.

2005 LGT Limited Wagon 5 spd Black ext, Taupe int

Mods:

K&N Typhoon CAI (love the new sound)

Front Strut Tower Brace

All Season Rubber Mats and OEM Trunk mat (worth every penny)

COBB Double Adjustable STS (not installed)

Perrin Catless Uppipe (not installed, waiting for AP)

Paint Protectant film (better than ugly bra, but some rocks are still too big)

Full Tint job 35% (should have gone with 20%)

Mobil 1 oil (every 5K miles since first oil change)

Purolator One oil filters (every 5K miles since first oil change)

5 point harness composite seat (for my 6 month old son :) )

Future Mods:

AccessPort 2.0 on order

Catless Front section downpipe (keeping stock main cat)

OEM splash guards

Gauge pods and gauges (maybe OEM, expensive, but nice fit)

Lightweight Crank Pulley (yes, I've read the threads)

Full HID set

Upgrades for replacement items:

Street/Track brake pads with SS Brakeline & SS Clutch line

Kumho SPT summer tires (235/45-17)

Full synthetic fluids in tranny and gears

HD Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel (yes, I've read the threads)

Lightweight rims? (If I ever had $2K burning a hole in my wallet)

Archived