LegacyGT.com

The Official: Wagon Mafia Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:redface:

Hate admit but got rid of my 2006 LGT Lmtd. I wanted a new Leggy wagon but no 08's. Shopped around and decided on a Saab Aero Sport Combi 2.8T V6. Not a Suby but still nice right??

yuck!... i keed, I keed!. i think the design is nice but that Malibu 9-3 does nothing for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the Sport Combi looks pretty good. Reviews have been OK also. If I was on the market for a new wagon, I would certainly check it out.

But if I had the $$$ I would probably look most closely at the BMW 535xi, but $54k, ouch!

Sorry, but I rather doubt the Saab presents much of a performance threat to the Leggy GT (the new Canadian ones anyway).:)

:redface:

yuck!... i keed, I keed!. i think the design is nice but that Malibu 9-3 does nothing for me.

Please enough myopia! Agreed, it does not handle like an all-wheel drive legacy but it has more features, a better interior and is still a wagon, which Subaru no longer makes. Drive one before you comment.

Please enough myopia! Agreed, it does not handle like an all-wheel drive legacy but it has more features, a better interior and is still a wagon, which Subaru no longer makes. Drive one before you comment.

It's also one of the least reliable vehicles on the road today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wagons rule! (Even if it is a saab :lol:)

PLEASE send SOA an email stating tht you were very disappointed with the discontinuation of the Legacy wagon and were forced to buy the Saab...

I want to know what their response will be... keep us posted :)

Sent a letter before I even started looking and asked my local dealer their opinion, SOA response, " not enough interest or positive comsumer feedback to continue with that platform. We would like to focus on our core market consumers". Sounds like double speak for the WRX and Outback crowd. Dream on if you ever expect a Legacy STI in the states.

It's also one of the least reliable vehicles on the road today.

I am sure you can back that with hard facts. I guess it is great that I have free service for three years, I might need it. Not every car is perfect, except yours of course!:)

The upcoming Saab wagon w/ the turbo V6 and AWD will be a MAJOR performance competitor to the LGT wagon...

On paper, it looks that way. Similar power, 3300 lbs, looks good. But FWD based AWD will be less balanced than SYM AWD, no?

I will TRY to stay open minded....:rolleyes:

Sent a letter before I even started looking and asked my local dealer their opinion, SOA response, " not enough interest or positive comsumer feedback to continue with that platform. We would like to focus on our core market consumers". Sounds like double speak for the WRX and Outback crowd. Dream on if you ever expect a Legacy STI in the states.

Predictable response. "Core market"? How can a market as small as SOA's have a core. It barely has a periphery.

Preadet's right - the 9-3 Aero XWD SportCombi looks pretty sweet. I'd take it for a test drive if I was shopping for a wagon today. On the other hand, the XWD system looks like the MS6 - 90% FWD until they slip...
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I am sure you can back that with hard facts. I guess it is great that I have free service for three years, I might need it. Not every car is perfect, except yours of course!:)

Consumer Reports & JD powers agree... and it's rare their dependability data goes hand in hand.

The 9-3 made the list for 10 least reliable vehicles and for least reliable upscale vehicles... I don't have the time to waste on getting my car towed or taking it back and forth to the shop

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Consumer Reports & JD powers agree... and it's rare their dependability data goes hand in hand.

The 9-3 made the list for 10 least reliable vehicles and for least reliable upscale vehicles... I don't have the time to waste on getting my car towed or taking it back and forth to the shop

Oh well, to each his own. Enjoy your screaming milk bottle. I thought about one of those but too small and boy racer. Some of us have families.

Funny you mention because my LGT wagon is in the shop today because of random CEL light, fan relay recall, floormat hook tsb and squeaking door handle but my wife's 9-3 is happy.

To be fair the 9-3 had some electronic glitches early on but it was a first model year so to be expected. The 9-3 seats are freaking incredible compared to the concrete benches in the Legacy. If only I could get Saab seats in my LGT...

Archived