LegacyGT.com

Someone Vandalized my Legacy

So on Monday I had parked my car on the street right in front of my house. Usually I keep it parked in the garage however my brothers car had broken down so we had it in my garage.

Anywhoo, I leave it parked on the street for about an hour. When I come back I see that some asshole decided that it would be funny to key my car. They keyed the both passenger side doors, the passenger side window and my hood. On the doors they engraved "ha ha ha stupid". On the window they wrote a big letter "R" and on the hood they engraved a backwards R.

Most of the car needs to be repainted now. I'm beyond the point of rage. They should pray that I never find them. I honestly don't know who would do this. I don't have any enemies and I didn't cut anyone off on my way home. It seems like a random act of vandalism from what I can tell.

It sickens me that pieces of @#$#$ like this are entitled to breath the same air I do. They crossed the line. I would have been happier had they decided to jump me instead of fu@#$ up my car. Bruises can heal and at least I have the opportunity to defend myself. Never mess with a mans car. That's just an unspoken rule. It's complete blasphemy to do what they did.

If I ever see anyone do this to someones car they can expect my fist in their face moments later. I think we should deport these assholes to Guantanamo and treat them as terrorists. Enemies of the state if you will....

--Rant off--

That sucks but at least you'll get a new coat of paint out of it.:redface:

Unfortunately it'll cost you the deductable money you shouldn't have had to pay in the first place.

I too have been in this situation before with stolen cars / attempted thefts.

Yes, you get a new set of wheels. No, you weren't budgeting towards a new set of wheels the whole time and it's a huge out-of-pocket expense.

Sorry to hear.

Never mess with a mans car. That's just an unspoken rule. It's complete blasphemy to do what they did.

+1

couldn't have said it better myself....

sorry to hear about your misfortune.....curious as to how they keyed the window.....I didn't know a key could cut glass

That sucks but at least you'll get a new coat of paint out of it.:redface:

that sounds great on paper and I would agree but have you ever had a car with paint work before? The problem will come into play when he goes to try to sell the car down the road. Paint work ALWAYS shows up, which immediately devalues the car incredibly....Overspray is forever present and good appraisers will see it instantly....

Honestly, I am not sure what you can do.........I wouldnt want the car back after it was repainted due to what I stated above...Honestly, I know it's not the most honest thing, but after I saw my car all keyed up, I would've whipped out my trusty blade and began to cut my seats up and slash my tires....then I would call the insurance co and tell them my car was vandalized bad, and I want it scrapped....

if the damage value is worth at least 60-70% of the total value of the car, they have to total it and pay you the value of the car....but if you owe money on the car, then this method might not prove viable for you

either way, best of luck

Some what of the same thing happened to me. I was at my friends house and usually I park in the driveway, but his brother was home so there wasn't much room. I went over around 11pm. I walked outside at 1am, to head back home..and my rear windshield was totally smashed in. That was a fun time.

That sucks...sorry man.

Lance: Still got your Malibu?

Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some fu**er did the other day?

Lance: What?

Vincent: Fu**ing keyed it.

Lance: Oh, man, that's fu**ed up.

Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of **it fu**ed with it.

Lance: They should be fu**ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

Lance: What a fu**!

Vincent: What's more chickenshit than fu**ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fu** with another man's vehicle.

I had a guy who was jealous of my rides at the time who came over one night and threw a brick through each windshield on each of my cars....my neighbor said a blue honda with a loud exhaust did it and drove away...

I knew who he was so the next time I saw him I copied down his plate.....I called in some favors and ended up getting his address from the plate #.... I went to his house, confronted him and told him what the deal was.....He denied it was him....I told him that the next time he drives past my house I would open fire on his car at point blank range...

Needless to say, he never drove past my house or messed with my cars again

I had a guy who was jealous of my rides at the time who came over one night and threw a brick through each windshield on each of my cars....my neighbor said a blue honda with a loud exhaust did it and drove away...

I knew who he was so the next time I saw him I copied down his plate.....I called in some favors and ended up getting his address from the plate #.... I went to his house, confronted him and told him what the deal was.....He denied it was him....I told him that the next time he drives past my house I would open fire on his car at point blank range...

Needless to say, he never drove past my house or messed with my cars again

Actually if you confronted him, you could of said you caught him on video since you did know his address and knew who he was. His denial would make him guilty and he wouldn't even know it.

But in topic, it is almost a rule of the land for anyone to not mess with a guy's car.

Sorry to hear about the misfortune, and good luck with the repairs.

that sounds great on paper and I would agree but have you ever had a car with paint work before? The problem will come into play when he goes to try to sell the car down the road. Paint work ALWAYS shows up, which immediately devalues the car incredibly....Overspray is forever present and good appraisers will see it instantly....
To late for that..the front bumper has already been painted once before. Diablo Mazda Subaru hit the front of the embankment when parking the car. They are the worst car dealership on the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty sure god hates my car.

To late for that..the front bumper has already been painted once before. Diablo Mazda Subaru hit the front of the embankment when parking the car. They are the worst car dealership on the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty sure god hates my car.

condor,

now a bumper repaint isn't all that bad......my concern is the hood and front fenders.....if they spray the hood, no doubt they will end up getting something in the engine bay which is the ultimate tell tale sign...then when you trade the car in, you get the questions "was this car hit?", you'll say adamently "NO" and they'll say "then why do I see overspray on the engine?" yada yada yada....

I feel for you. I don't know what possess people to do really moronic things. I don't care if I see someone doing that to a car that isn't mine, I'd lay them out right there. No respect.

Someone had put something into my gas tank before, sand or some other substance which inevitably prevented the car from being started.

Had to be towed to the garage, and the whole fuel system had to be cleaned. It was a nightmare, and it cost me over $900 to get everything back in order. Right after that instance I got a locking gascap...and thankfully this car has the release inside of the car.

condor,

now a bumper repaint isn't all that bad......my concern is the hood and front fenders.....if they spray the hood, no doubt they will end up getting something in the engine bay which is the ultimate tell tale sign...then when you trade the car in, you get the questions "was this car hit?", you'll say adamently "NO" and they'll say "then why do I see overspray on the engine?" yada yada yada....

So true, make sure you find a good shop to minimize overspay.

Not that I am condoning this, but some people say it is better to have all the panels repainted if and when you get keyed, so some people go ahead and make sure they key all the panels so that they could get a full paint job.

Good point although I would never trade the car in. I sell all my used cars via private party. Either way, this will probably show up on a carfax report which means I'll have to explain this to some potential buyer sometime down the road. Hopefully it doesn't turn too many people away.

Sorry to hear that some *uckhead(s) messed with your car. Were there any other cars on your street vandelized? All of the keying would make you think it was personal. Once I got my car fixed I would be sitting at my window with the lights out holding an aluminum bat instead of getting a good nights sleep.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I feel for you man... I had someone key my Suburban about 2-3 months ago they started at the front left quater panel and keyed it all the way to the rear quater panel...... while I was at a hospital no less :( i was furious for a couple days as I take so much care and time when i park so as to be perfectly in the middle of my spot.... which is not always easy in the burban. :(

I hate parking in public places because of shit like this..... I was at the movies last weekend and got a nice spot on the end of a row with tons of room i park and theres like 4 foot of room on the right side between me and the other car... I come out 2 hours later and theres a Saturn SUV thats horribly damaged front end is crumpled up sides all messed up like they rode a guard rail for a mile and lights broken ect...and there parked diagnoly in the parking spot next to me there front bumper dam near touching mine and there ass end in the parking spot to the right of theres..... needless to say i was like omg crap... and had to check my car for dings ect....

^^^sorry just get riled up a bout this crap people have NO respect for other peoples vehicles!

Condolences. Happened to my last car, an m3. Some asshole keyed every single panel on my car. People who perpetrate this are the most cowardly, evil mini-hitlers and if caught should forced to be registered like sex offenders so we can shun them forever.
...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

That sucks man!:mad: Sorry to here that, hope you get it fixed.

We really have an increase in this kind of narcissistic behavior and its only going to get worse even in really nice neighborhoods. We had a bunch of kids in the town over from us grabbing pumpkins off front lawns and throwing then into the back window of cars. Just crazy!

I feel your pain and my condolences to you as I'm sure most on this forum take great care of their Leggys, and pride in ownership/modding , etc. That said, it would be fair if you caught the punk(s) and threw 'em into a wood chipper. :mad:

lizard.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived