LegacyGT.com

Someone Vandalized my Legacy

:lol:

Not necessarily.

I'd be people on here would buy it if it was WRB, but you would def. not recoup the money spent on the respray.

a factory quality respray would run close to $3-4k and thats not including engine bay, door jambs, interior door panels, interior trunk, etc....

there will always be a trace of factory paint....and then you factor in registration/title change which in NY shows as being repainted if I remember correctly...

it would be cool and rare, no doubt, but once again we get back to questions "why was this car repainted a completely different color?" "how bad was the accident causing the repaint?" "Is the frame straight?"

These are questions I wouldn't even want to entertain or bring more attention to myself to allow them to occur

my $.02

Where are you in the East Bay Condor?

I am from the East Bay also.

I'm in Pleasant Hill.

On another note: I had the damages estimated yesterday and it came out to $2695.00. I hope the punks who did this get cancer...the really bad kind.

a factory quality respray would run close to $3-4k and thats not including engine bay, door jambs, interior door panels, interior trunk, etc....

there will always be a trace of factory paint....and then you factor in registration/title change which in NY shows as being repainted if I remember correctly...

it would be cool and rare, no doubt, but once again we get back to questions "why was this car repainted a completely different color?" "how bad was the accident causing the repaint?" "Is the frame straight?"

These are questions I wouldn't even want to entertain or bring more attention to myself to allow them to occur

my $.02

WR Blue FTMFW!!!!!!!:icon_twis I see you're really hung up on resale for some reason:confused:

It's a 2005, the resale is already shot to sh1T!! The best place to try and re-sell one of these is on a forum first, not the dealership. I think a Carfax report would "ease" someones mind as to an accident, etc.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Nah, they prob. won't unless they cut you a check directly and you make a deal at a good paint shop. I'm not sure about the Ins. laws in Cal.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

WR Blue FTMFW!!!!!!!:icon_twis I see you're really hung up on resale for some reason:confused:

It's a 2005, the resale is already shot to sh1T!! The best place to try and re-sell one of these is on a forum first, not the dealership. I think a Carfax report would "ease" someones mind as to an accident, etc.

Having flipped 15 cars in 11 years, yeah I would be just a tad concerned about resale value, or lack thereof...;)

as for carfax...thats bull.......Let's say you and I are driving down the same street and I hit you from behind (my fault). I tell you I don't want to go through insurance and I have you take your car to my body shop or your own. The shop comes up with a figure for repair. I pay you cash for the repair.

Now your car was hit and repaired......Carfax never saw it...why? because the insurance company didn't report it because they never knew about it......but the car was in an accident and now has paintwork......

this is my point....most accidents unless truly bad, will never get reported to carfax....

and as an FYI, if a brand new car is "lot damaged" at a stealership, as long as the damage is worth less than $4k, the dealer legally does not have to notify the buyer that damage was done and repaired and they don't have to report to Carfax...

Archived