LegacyGT.com

Official 1/4 Mile Time List Discussion Thread

rao

Awesome driving, What was your 60'?

sorry, I was wrong on the mph, it was 102.50 mph, but still.....

time slip as follows:

+.2040 RT

1.7210 60'

5.2270 330'

7.6309 ET @ 594'

8.1690 1/8 ET

83.63 1/8 MPH

12.9479 1/4 ET

102.50 1/4 MPH

sun was out and it ended up being about 65 Deg outside, very little wind. I have an AMR CAI and AMR 100 octane tune for the strip on my 08 STI. Nothing else, completely stock, including a screwed up OEM clutch.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know how to explain it... sorry. :( My worst time of the day was a 2.0 60' (no launch) and 13.614 @101.55. This was the championship run vs a Camaro that I lost to (sorta intentionally, but not really caring either way) to win a NOS kit. I didn't want it, so I didn't really try. So the guy beat me by .108 sec. I figure it's still a good time since I didn't launch the car at all and only redline shifted. I beat this guy all day long, but really, what was I going to do with a NOS kit? I'd already ran my 12 sec run so afaic I was DONE! But.... Continental Subaru was sponsoring me so I should have cared and just won it for them and sold the NOS kit. This was pointed out to me after I lost when everyone asked why the hell I let the other guy win? :lol: oh well!

All you need is a downpipe, correct? Ohh but I see you have a CAI, so you will need another tune, $$. I am sure you will be in the low 12's when you hit stage 2.

Have you seen this yet?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/112_0808_2008_cobb_tuning_subaru_wrx_sti/index.html

They only got a 12.9 1/4 mile, looks like the tune really helps, or you are a much better driver than those at motor trend.

Taking the new toy to the track friday night, only running the 1/8th. Will only be running the car about 70% it's just leaning out to much @5400

Really just trying to get the 60ft time down around 1.65-1.75 on skreet tires;)

Not running the drag radials until I can really get on the car. Should be able to go sub 1.5's really launching hard;):):):)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Shes using 100 octance...

correct. and I have a map for the 100 octane as well which makes a big difference. Even on my stock 90 oct maps, I run 13.19. My traps were a little low this time, but my ET was better. I pretty much did a 5500 RPM clutch drop, slipped it a little and then almost immediately shifted to 2nd. 1st gear is super short! than ran the gears up to red line and shifted about 6500 RPM all the way down the strip.

And there are a few of the seasoned veterans who run a consistent .000 reaction time. I've watched them race and they are amazing! not only are they fast, but they are DEAD ON with RT and ET!

Taking the new toy to the track friday night, only running the 1/8th. Will only be running the car about 70% it's just leaning out to much @5400

Really just trying to get the 60ft time down around 1.65-1.75 on skreet tires;)

Not running the drag radials until I can really get on the car. Should be able to go sub 1.5's really launching hard;):):):)

drag radials, eh? ;) I don't think my car could handle those. the rear diff would probably fly right out of the car! :lol:

well, tomorrow afternoon if the weather still holds, I plan to take the LGT to the track for 3 passes. I want to see what she can do completely stock, now that I have some experience under my belt. The only time I took her out stock was back in Sept 05 and my best run was a 15.03. I don't plan on running her a lot, just want 3 baseline runs and to also to get the fuel economy before installing the Hydro 4000 kit.

Alright, here it is:

65 Deg, freaking crazy east winds! :( Completely stock 05 LGT 5EAT, 90 oct stock map, no tuning, no nothing, everything STOCK!

+.2670 RT

2.0810 60'

6.0769 330'

8.8269 594' ET

9.4380 1/8 ET

73.64 1/8 MPH

14.8181 1/4 ET

89.27 1/4 MPH

I was pretty consistent in 14.8's and running 89-92 mph. Did 7 passes, very little launch, about 2800 rpms. This beats my previous best stock run back in Sept 05 of 15.03 @ ??? mph

Edited by AKLGT

ya, that's what i mean, the first time I ever ran the car stock was back in Sept 05 and the guy had to tap on my window to go. :lol: I ran a 15.03 then.

qualcomm 1/8.

that is sort of a crappy track tbh. i could swear it starts ramping up.. it's in the parking lot of qualcomm stadium.

my main goal was to be able to drive my car home.

goal accomplished.

the other goal of being fast didnt work too well.

chalk it up to being a noob. 1.3 second response times were great fun! averaged somewhere in the low 9s... best of 9.00x..

not bad for a first time for me, and stock clutch. i knew i was gonna suck but not this bad. every 10th of a second is a freaking battle

car for sale. PM me!