Official 1/4 Mile Time List Discussion Thread

rao

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im still running a .5 point rich and I need to dial that out. I also wont have time for the next few weeks. But we will see what the future holds ;)

Excuses.

I still don't have WGDC temp calibrations down.

I hope to go in the next month.

What about the stakes, loser can't post for a week? I am willing.

What if one gets a better ET but the other gets a higher trap?

hey rc, whats wrong with nyc? is it because cars are FASTER rather than quicker here?:lol:

hey that dead horse ya'll are beating... was it fast or quick? :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Take a look :mad:

I'm very disappointed. All the relevant data is posted in the locked thread. No BS from me and no excuses. However, I have to state a few things. The weather was to my advantage - nice and cool. I haven't been to dragstrip since 1991 with my old Camaro so I was a n00b all over again :( Tires were set to 40psi because I had just finished auto-x, set them there and forgot. Car had extraneous crap in it like subwoofers/enclosures, spare tire, amp rack, and a couple of bags of crap in the back seat. I experimented with different launch techniques (around 3K) before bumping it up to a 4K launch for this run below. BTW, I did not dump the clutch but let it out quickly while gassing it. Shifting was around 7K (rev limiter is set to 7150). I want to try 6500 shifts next time.

I want to get my car datalogged and checked out by Mike. Just want to be sure everything is running right since my AEM CAI debacle at the under carriage wash a while back. I had reflashed the ECU but am not sure if I did everything properly. I also want to go back with the car completely empty of crud. I have to ditch this PZeros because they SUCK for track use something awful. I was spinning through first. I'm going to invest in some R-comps for auto-x and drag and see what happens. I really believe that with a few minor changes and some practice I could get down to 12.4 -12.5 or so. Just some commentary. Take from it what you will.

I'm not car #734 wise asses ;) That was an MS3 - don't know what mods he had.

-Freddy

http://www.nyccs.net/images/lgt/et20080426.jpg

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Yeah. I agree. I think as I said I need to shift a little sooner and lower tire pressure. I simply forgot until afterwards. One more thing: I need to figure out proper powershifting. Don't think I was on it all the time between shifts.

Anyway, I really think I could eek out .4 more. We'll see... 12.9 can be hit with a great Stage II tune and great driver.

:cool:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

On a side note, I went up first against an STi that ran 13.8 at first then never saw him again. Could have been bad driver or whatever. I then ran against a WRX with an STi swap and FMIC. He ran 13.2 a couple of times. Who knows... food for thought I guess. Gotta get back there and get some better passes.

:cool:

Anyway, I really think I could eek out .4 more. We'll see... 12.9 can be hit with a great Stage II tune and great driver.:cool:

True. I went out once at the beginning of April and it was still cold here too. I had the same problems; tires spinning and hopping down the track in first. I even got a third gear scratch on one run:lol:. I only did 3 runs and came up with a best of:

R/T ~ .441

60' ~ 1.863

330 ~ 5.564

1/8th ~ 8.539

MPH ~ 81.98

It's funny I've got a decent 60' time and then the tires let loose and it was all down hill from there. We only have an 1/8th mile strip locally and the 1/4's are a few hours away; so I've only got 1/8th mile slips.

This is on a Stage2 car with almost every mod available other than meth. Hell, I'd be more than satisfied to break into the 12.9#'s on the stock turbo this year, then I can slap on the 20g-Zilla and see where that takes me.

Let's kick this pig!

Combined also with a great track and day. Would need to be close to sea level and a cool day (no more than 65-70 degrees)

I hit it 2x and then 8-10 13.0-13.2's

With a busted clutch.

Yes, Im a great drag racer/.:lol:

Don't feel too bad SubLo, I ran a 13.4 with my 40bb. :( The stock clutch with 70K on it couldn't handle the launches so I either got a 2.2 60' time or slipped all the way through second.

Oh well, it's still a fun car.

I think i need to learn how to launch, best 60 foot i could pull with my stage 2 08 LGT was a 2.1. This was at 5800feet. My best time with was a 14.5. I was kinda dissapointed, but i guess this is what elevation does. I am hoping i can get a 14.3 if i can get my 60 foot time below 2.

I am in the right lane.

2011387006_scannedimageoftimeslip14.5.thumb.jpg.8187afc41b73dbd17e08980622db06a2.jpg

Edited by collegemt

I think i need to learn how to launch, best 60 foot i could pull with my stage 2 08 LGT was a 2.1. This was at 5800feet. My best time with was a 14.5. I was kinda dissapointed, but i guess this is what elevation does. I am hoping i can get a 13.3 if i can get my 60 foot time below 2.

I am in the right lane.

Collegemt what r ur mods? I just had my 1/4 time posted. I ran a 13.9 with 1.8 60' at bandimere 13.3 seems a little fast for a stock turbo lgt up here but u never I've seen almost stock stis run low 13s up here

Hmmm.... because of elevation alone?

Check this out: http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru--Legacy-Drag-Racing.html

Collegemt what r ur mods? I just had my 1/4 time posted. I ran a 13.9 with 1.8 60' at bandimere 13.3 seems a little fast for a stock turbo lgt up here but u never I've seen almost stock stis run low 13s up here

I meant to say 14.3. I know 13.3 is out of the queestion on the stock turbo. My mods include AP, perrin catted DP, AEM intake magnaflow CBE.

13.9, wow,what are your mods?

Well, I'm done for the year already. I did 3 runs on Apr. 4th and got 1 in yesterday. I went out yesterday just to make a couple tuning passes and had a minor setback. Appratently she hooked up too well on the first pass and tweaked something in the tranny:redface:.

It was weird. I was at the line for a solo run for my first pass of the day. I usually start out easy and then crank it up from there. On this run I was only at 2000RPMS(usualy 3-3.5K) and let the clutch out easy. I got no slip and no spin. Everything just hooked up. I heard a little clunk, but didn't think anything of it since my DP and TMIC tend to bump things on occasion. At the end of the track I slowed down to get my slip and when I put it in 1st to go again; I heard a "rr..rr.rr.rr" whine from the tranny. The car still drives fine and it's just 1st gear that's tweaked, but I'm done with the strip for the year and probably for good. Can you say "road course":lol:.

Looks like about $2K for a tranny re-build is in the near future. I drove up to the dealership this morning to have them give it a listen. They said it sounds like a chipped gear in 1st. They said that I might as well just change the fluid and drive it until it's done. Again, it still drives fine, but I've got a nice whine in first. The noise sounds like the whine you get when going in reverse. So to anybody who likes to race their car; be prepared.

YOU WILL PAY TO PLAY!!! I can afford it and basically planned on this happening eventually(not this week), but others might want to think twice about your launches. I've been racing for over 20 years and have done more than a few launches in the LGT and would have expected this from a 3K+RPM hard launch, but not from a 2K fairly mild launch. You just never know when the weak link will pop.

Looks like that 20g in the kitchen will be sitting for a little while longer or may even go up for sale. Anyone looking for a DB TD06H-20g Zilla? It's still sitting in the sealed box that I got it back from DeadBolt in after the re-cert. Anyway, attached are the results from that $2K run... looks like it could have been a 13.3## run if I had a 1/4 mile track. Not bad on a Stg2 VF40.

timeslip04008.thumb.jpg.21c6dde09fc56983239dce1e8b86dc05.jpg

Edited by qikslvr
Let's kick this pig!