LegacyGT.com

Official 1/4 Mile Time List Discussion Thread

rao

Sorry to hear that about your tranny. However, lots and lots of folks, myself included, have done much higher launches repeatedly and have had no long-term tranny problems at all. Luck I guess.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear that about your tranny. However, lots and lots of folks, myself included, have done much higher launches repeatedly and have had no long-term tranny problems at all. Luck I guess.

As long as the wheels are spinning your ok.

That's just it. I've got a couple dozen slips from this car. I've taken my time over the last year to step up my launches. Like I said; I usually do the first pass from 2K and just kinda let the clutch out easy and then stomp it. I burned up my stock clutch at the track last year and had a SPEC LWFW and STG2 clutch put in last Sept. I let it break in for over 1K miles before launching it. I've also got an AP Pitch stop and Group N tans mount, so most of the "flex" is gone from the drivetrain. Personally I thought a u-joint, drive shaft or half shaft would have been the next to go. It was just one of those situations where something had to give and it was 1st gear.

I did several 3K+ launches last Nov. and everything was great. On Apr 4th I was fine at 3-3.5k, but got a little hop on my last run when I launched at 4K. This time I was just doing a mild 1st pass and everything just hooked up solid and something had to give. I'm used to running this strip at night, so I'm sure the track had a little more stick to it at high noon and 78*F. I usually get just a little tire spin(1/4 turn) or a little spin near redline in first, but not that time.

Looks like that SPEC clutch is holding well though. Now does anybody know where I can get a set of rubber gears?:lol:

Let's kick this pig!

Hmmm.... because of elevation alone?

Check this out: http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru--Legacy-Drag-Racing.html

Elevation plays a big part in my opinion, not so much on the launch but more on over all ets and trap speeds. For a na car I think its safe to say we lose a second do to evevation up here with a boosted car a little less because our power isn't based solely on compression. I'd like to think my 13.9 would be close to 12.9-13.2 at sea level because my tune is pretty kick ass and its not unheard of the pull high 12s at sea level protuned

I meant to say 14.3. I know 13.3 is out of the queestion on the stock turbo. My mods include AP, perrin catted DP, AEM intake magnaflow CBE.

13.9, wow,what are your mods?

At the time of my 13.9 which was in 06 I had a full tbe all catless, a protune by tdc, a perrin crank pulley and a drop in k&n filter. Since I've got kdws, a perrin tmic and hks bov but my clutch can handle anymore bandimere launches lol so I just go to watch until I get a new clutch

• 2 weeks later...

well, not the leggy any more, but I had similar times in the LGT at the start of last track season, so should be interesting to see how it goes by the end. :) First time to the track and first runs in an MT.

2008 STI

AMR CAI

90 octane tune by Jarad of PDX Tuning

64 deg

79' sea level

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/Test%20N%20Tune%20May%2021%2008/scansione0001.jpg

For comparison's sake:

2005 LGT 5EAT

STI swap (VF39, STI TMIC)

stock fuel and injectors

gutted up/dp

SPT CBE

SPT Intake/Heatshield

TGV Deletes

IPT Valvebody

temps were about 70 deg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/Test%20N%20Tune%20May%2013%2007/CIMG1425.jpg

Edited by AKLGT
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

That is some great driving! On our local track out here Bookjunkie was only able to hit a 12.9 on stg 2 110oct tune on YimiSport's 08 STi. However his trap speed was quite a bit higher (107 mph). That sea level elevation sure does help as well.

really? and the temps too. but I was looking at Dave's times for AMR. he ran a 12.9 @ 108 mph but it was 30 deg!!!! holy crap! I WISH i could even get a 45 deg day and run the car... I'm sure with a little better shift (once I figure out when to shift) at 4th gear, I can get the car in 12's without a fancy race gas map like I had in the LGT.

I think next time, I'm going to swap out tires..... just to see if that will make a difference. ;) They signed me up to race for the Subie dealer on June 21. THe other guy will be Josh, he's got a GT35R in his 02 WRX. thing is a beast! he ran an 11.8 last night (I obviously got beat) and it was amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY made it to the track!!!!

Mwiener2

Bandimere Speedway

5800'

GT28rs

E85 (105)

Water Injection - No

Nitrous No

Tires - Street... Inflation pressure (44/42)

FMIC, 850cc, 3" exhaust

Car weighed at track... 3660 LBs (5/8 tank of E85, spare tire, tons of crap in cargo tray and glove box and center console, subwoofer, 2 amps, blah blah blah... I weigh about 140lbs)

I bogged all my launchs so we believe with a better driver a 13.5 is easy and with an amazing driver, a 13.3 should possible

I'm claiming Fastest Outback XT in Colorado and further!! Someone prove me wrong.

218623802_Bandimere6-6-08001.thumb.jpg.0ad9e741f9cc8b68ce2d2bc282d1f611.jpg

Edited by mwiener2

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I havn't launched the car in well over a year and I wasn't even planning on running at the track today... then I kinda just got in line and did.

So I'm not too upset about the outcome... especially since my first run of the day was this:

R/T..... 1.181

60'..... 2.823

1/4..... 15.033

MPH..... 100.73

I can't believe how fast and sow that was

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I was alone onthe track with no one to race against... i really did forget to go

like i said, i wasn't planning on racing so i wasn't in 'the zone'

just checking. :)

Stay Stock Stay Happy

:whore:

Trap speed isn't bad at all for 5800', driving on other hand......

I would think that its sucky. I went near 107 on the stock turbo, stock pump and injectors, and he is a full 6+mph slower. The launch wont affect his trap speed so much.

But I was at 500ft of elev.