LegacyGT.com

Deleting harmless posts is GAY!

mitsumodder

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Maybe I should swap my bottom out for an STI long block if I plan to swap turbos.

:)

...knew there'd be someone who would post it better than i could.

and rather curious that no one in this day-in-day-out queue of blown, modded GTs bothered to speak up here :rolleyes:

yes, every car everywhere is driven in extreme conditions no matter what. there is no perfect world.

Do you realize the shear stupidity of this statement?

There is a phemonena in life called a gradient. Its defined as something continuous, with differences at either end. It is the basis for dividing things into discrete categories, with descriptive terms like "extreme". You can't say "every car everywhere" and then follow that with a definitive statement like "is driven in extreme conditions", that's just plain oxymoronic.

Also, can anyone explain why a guy who works at a subaru dealership has the screename "mitsumodder"? I mean you're just asking for it.......coming to a subaru related website, as an employee of a subaru dealer, with the name "mitsumodder" and then talking sh*t.

Someone needs to check your gasket for leaks.

And how long have you been a subie tech? 2+ years? 5+ years? How much experience do you actually have to be able to make these statements? and again, how about some hard proof to back them up?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Every other week :eek: I do it once a week; that's the only way to truly safe.

it really helps to go out and buy an extra 2.5 engine...that way you can rebuild one while using the car during the week. Weekend comes, just swap the new engine in!

then start over :cool:

this guy jumped in my For Sale thread and told everyone not to buy my car!!!! then he made the same claims that he is making here. then he claims I beat the car up on Reynolds Rd (a street in town that is generally full of cars). I have toyed around on that road before with cars, but nothing hard. its a straight road for heaven's sake.

I was wondering where my response went to mitsumodder's post. Why don't I see a banned tag above his name yet?

:lol: This thread is entertaining!

I guess my 7-8k OCI's with a stg3 setup showing less wear metals than comparable engines with 3.5-4k miles, is the exception? Not only that, but I use cheap Walmart housebrand filters:eek: And I'll continue to do so, cause my oil analysis' are fantastic, and not just my opinion, but those of oil/engine lubrication fanatics.

Oh, and love the screename of "mitsumodder", but is a Subaru tech:confused:

The guys at Subaru here think 3-4 k is required for our cars (if 'toyed' with). They claim the oil filter goes into bypass after 3-5 k and the oil goes in and comes right out. Then your only filters are turbo banjo and AVCS and once those get clogged or full of debris, then you are starving the turbo or AVCS.

FYI both techs I am talking to (including mitsumodder) have built very fast cars. I would guess mitsumodder's GSX runs mid to low 12's and the other tech has a very impressive car as well. I believe both personally install parts and tune their cars. If you ask anyone locally, general consensus is they know their stuff. Perhaps they are just being overly cautious because they have seen so many horror stories of oil starvation through the dealership.

If some dude pulled that crap in So Cal, I would call him out and ask to talk to him personally and "discuss" it in very calm manner. If you know what I mean. :icon_evil

So that's how things are done in SoCal. Here in NY, it's handled out back - last one standing is winner and clearly made his/her point.

J/K :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guys at Subaru here think 3-4 k is required for our cars (if 'toyed' with). They claim the oil filter goes into bypass after 3-5 k and the oil goes in and comes right out. Then your only filters are turbo banjo and AVCS and once those get clogged or full of debris, then you are starving the turbo or AVCS.

FYI both techs I am talking to (including mitsumodder) have built very fast cars. I would guess mitsumodder's GSX runs mid to low 12's and the other tech has a very impressive car as well. I believe both personally install parts and tune their cars. If you ask anyone locally, general consensus is they know their stuff. Perhaps they are just being overly cautious because they have seen so many horror stories of oil starvation through the dealership.

Well, that give a lot more background than mitsumodder was offering. All we saw was one line statements. I personally like to do my oil changes between 3K - 3.5K, it just makes me feel better as I like to err on the side of caution. I feel 4K-5K is perfectly fine, but I wouldn't do it with mine. :p

To me, I rather just spend the $30 every (average) 3250 miles and not worry about anything.

Archived