LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester thead

godwhomismike

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are hopeless, check out the Hyundai SUVs. Inexpensive, with really nice interiors. Your logic fails you

Hyundai is going after lexus these days... they should have nice interiors... however... this is the Tucson small suv. and guess what??? it's Cheap!

http://www.motorpoint.com.au/images/hyundaitucson4.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and that's a glamour shot under professional lighting... unlike the forester pictures that are under amateur flash photography.

The dash and every door panel are all one color, cheap plastic. The steering wheel is an amorphous blob. The black console is surrounded by a silver bezel... that and the cut lines into the plastic on the doors to break up the fact it's all the same are the only styling points in the whole car.

Here's a better angle

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2007/Hyundai/2007.hyundai.tucson.20099717-E.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest heightsgtltd

I love how you are using their cheapest SUV as the comparison point.

again, THIS ISNT ABOUT THE IMPREZA, ITS ABOUT THE FORESTER WHICH IS MORE UPMARKET AND NOT ENTRY LEVEL

I love how you are using their cheapest SUV as the comparison point.

again, THIS ISNT ABOUT THE IMPREZA, ITS ABOUT THE FORESTER WHICH IS MORE UPMARKET AND NOT ENTRY LEVEL

you're the one who brought up hyundai having a nicer interior... the hyundai in the same segment has a cheaper interior. The crv which is the segment leader has a cheaper interior. The forester is an entry level suv. suvs are more expensive than cars yes but it's still the minimum level to be paid to get into an suv. And as i've been trying to say... the Forester interior will be a step up in the segment... not supbar.

Yes, but you see.. the Santa Fe with the nice interior actually has a base price that is LOWER than the Forester, at least in Canada...

The santa fe has a cheaper base price in the US too... However that is without AWD and less standard equipment. The CRV and RAV4 w/ AWD are both more expensive than the current Forester and that's w/ less equipment as well. If Subaru does what they did on the Impreza... the base price of the Forester will go down anwyay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The door panels in the Impreza are tall chunks of boring beige plastic.. at least in the Legacy there is a vertical door handle helping to break it up... The black dash in the Forester/Impreza is accented by giant chunks of cheap silver plastic...

The tribeca interior is the same way... However both pieces of trim extend into the doors and and their colors are very different from each other. The Forester one up's the tribeca in that it adds inserts into the doors. You can see in the picture it has cloth inserts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I consumer, I consider Subaru as a company that I would get more out of than a Hyundai or a Honda. Therefore, I agree here with heights in that a $25k car should not have the interior of a $17k car. And that $17k in particular car should have an interior that is nicer than a $15k car and it doesn't.

As I consumer, I consider Subaru as a company that I would get more out of than a Hyundai or a Honda. Therefore, I agree here with heights in that a $25k car should not have the interior of a $17k car. And that $17k in particular car should have an interior that is nicer than a $15k car and it doesn't.

This is all semantics... the Impreza and Forester both have interiors that are on par are better than most of the competition in their fields. By actually touching and feeling the cars in the segment with your own senses... you might be better able to make assertions...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dunno, looks about on par with this Yaris

http://www.carpages.co.uk/toyota/toyota_images/toyota_yaris_interior_13_04_06.jpg

for $11,300.

yeah if you say so... quit looking at pics and go to a dealership or an autoshow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ive seen the Impreza interior in person and Im not impressed. I like the old one better. And the old exterior too.

Thanks for posting this... it makes everything you've said and will say null and void:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been inside the new Impreza and I was not really impressed.. too many hard, cheap plastics.

The thing that also needs to be remembered is that a fully loaded Forester XT will be close to the price of a Legacy GT, but will still have the cheap plastics throughout...

And we are back to this point again... The plastics are not cheap... see your friendly sentra for cheap plastics... They are harder than legacy plastics... and less expensive... but they are not cheap plastics.

Once again... you should take a look at the other cars in the segment before you pass judgement on the Impreza/Forester interior vs. the Legacy.

They aren't competing with each other. Their competing with the same offerings from other brands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think return buyers will absolutely love it. I don't know if they will attract any new buyers, or at least at the numbers they are hoping. The whole "others are offering more" argument is valid. The Forester was more wagon than small SUV and now its been tipped more towards the small SUV side (again just based on the pics!). I don't know if I would have done that, lots of people in that category now, but Subaru isn't paying me to do sh*t so...:D

With this and the new Impreza its going to be a 2008 worth watching to see if people like me will eat our words. Truth be told i'm pulling for Subaru but I don't know...

Archived