LegacyGT.com

Official 08 Spec B thread

psi365

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although Subaru mentoned it a year ago, they never did actually release the car for sale right (I'm talikng JDM here)? Since the refreshed E models of the Legacy are out, it would make sense to have the STI version (assuming that Subari is actually planning one) up to the latest E spec.

I understand now. Those of us who frequent these forums tend to be a little more active in seeking out information on new models and model refreshes. We've been hearing about the Legacy tuned by STI for a year now, so it's not new news here. The refresh you mentioned is probably just the standard model line refresh, not a new STI. Yes, I think they would have to massage some of the STI parts, like the front lip, for the refresh, but, as far as we know, there are no substantive changes for the Legacy STI in the model year changeover.

When the Legacy/Liberty gets redesigned in 2010, we should see some bigger changes.

Although Subaru mentoned it a year ago, they never did actually release the car for sale right (I'm talikng JDM here)? Since the refreshed E models of the Legacy are out, it would make sense to have the STI version (assuming that Subari is actually planning one) up to the latest E spec.

I believe they're already on the streets in Australia and Japan.

According to this article from August '06, they were taking orders then already, for delivery beginning in February '07. So, yes, they've been on the streets of Japan for four months.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/09/subary-legacy-sti-package-introduced-in-japan/

Want any additional info on a 08 Spec.B?

Ask me, I've got one!

Pics / story here:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90101

You mentioned that it is only $40/month more than an STi... does that include the difference in insurance??? I checked both before I purchased and found that insurance would be ~150/month more for the STi... :eek:

lol

Our cars are identical.. except you are missing an STI spoiler :p

I traded with a 05 WRX. Less attention from the po-po :cool:

You mentioned that it is only $40/month more than an STi... does that include the difference in insurance??? I checked both before I purchased and found that insurance would be ~150/month more for the STi...

I traded in my STi for a Spec.B, so my insurance went from 1100/6mo. to 960/6mo. Yes, I know... I have to walk into the insurace place backwards :(

The $40 was in regard to the paymet per month.

-Mike

Even if they did bring a Legacy STI to the US, you guys would just bitch about the price...

Oh Bulls@*(!. you and everyone else would go out and buy one just to make SoA happy about bringing it over.

Now, if it's above $40k, I'm going to call Mr. Samir up and bitch at him over the phone.

Oh and I've said this numerous times, but if it does NOT have a 6 speed Auto, subaru is F'ed.

not to mash on the manual lovers but really, when you consider the "sports sedan" market, if you don't have an Auto, you're digging a grave rather quick.

I traded with a 05 WRX. Less attention from the po-po :cool:

I traded in my STi for a Spec.B, so my insurance went from 1100/6mo. to 960/6mo. Yes, I know... I have to walk into the insurace place backwards :(

The $40 was in regard to the paymet per month.

-Mike

Dude that's not bad at all... you're STi payments were cheaper than my Legacy payments! I was quoted 2200 every 6 months for the STi !!! :eek:

lol

That would be based on the BL/BP5~D model.

I think Subaru may not have sold/produced all the 600 units mentioned in the article and are just updating to the E model specs.

I believe they're already on the streets in Australia and Japan.

According to this article from August '06, they were taking orders then already, for delivery beginning in February '07. So, yes, they've been on the streets of Japan for four months.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/09/subary-legacy-sti-package-introduced-in-japan/

That's what happens when you're 21, live in a large city, have a few tickets to your name, and buy a brand new car ;)

I guess that's why I'm glad I'm 26, live in a semi-big city, drive a older car and don't have any tickets in my name.... :lol:

I guess that's why I'm glad I'm 26, live in a semi-big city, drive a older car and don't have any tickets in my name.... :lol:

I spoke with my insurance company today (geico) they give a 10% discount (for the next 3 years) if you take a defensive driving class... I havn't taken one since I was 17 so I'm all over it :)

lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, that wouldn't be SI-drive. SI-drive is essentially the ECU programming and mapping, and there are lots of modified cars running around on stock suspensions without problems.

Now if it had something like Audi's ecu-controlled suspension dampening and the ECU was making that corner or the system do weird things, yes, that could be the ECU's fault, but not in a purely mechanical system like yours can the ECU damage a strut when the two don't play together other than an ABS wheel-speed sensor.

There's a number of reasons struts go bad including mfg defects, bad seals, bent during mfg or during a road incident, who knows, but there are plenty of reasons it can go bad during operation.

There's been a Tuned by STI Legacy for the past what 2 years now and it seems to be popular in home states, why wouldn't they be bringing another tuned version?

Only reason I went with the 335i was because they wouldn't bring a 'real' Legacy STI to the states. It's okay, I'm not disappointed a bit, I'm just no longer a Subaru owner. :)

Archived