LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Committees are, by nature, timid. They are based on the premise of safety in numbers; content to survive inconspicuously, rather than take risks and move independently ahead. Without independence, without the freedom for new ideas to be tried, to fail, and to ultimately succeed, the world will not move ahead, but rather live in fear of it's own potential.

Those lucky enough to build a business out of a dream owe it to the world to be the caretakers of dreams. It is the duty of those who, through ingenuity, insight and hard work are able to make a dream a reality, to defend this right. To continue to build upon their ideas.

These cars are meant to be driven, not polished.

F. Porsche

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always got.

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity - lick it once and you suck forever.

A lesson taught with humor is a lesson retained. - Dr Ruth

10% of your life is what happens to you and 90% is how you react to it.

To truly love is to have the courage to walk away and let the one who wishes to be free leave... no matter how much it hurts.

I've been to England a couple of times. Things I find very disturbing:

1. Old Glory is nowhere to be seen. Frankly, I find this disrespect for our flag to be upsetting. I noticed the same problem in Cancun and Tijuana, too. I haven't been anywhere else outside of the US, so I can't say if this is a worldwide problem.

2. I can't find Rush Limbaugh on the radio, at all. Clearly a liberal bias.

3. It's really hard to find Fox News. Don't people there want fair-and-balanced reporting?

4. I tried to rent (sorry, "hire") a Hummer from Hertz at Heathrow. They said that they didn't have one. When I left the office, I got the distinct sensation that they were laughing at me.

Anonymous Coward on Slashdot

453747.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."

- Miguel de Unamuno

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man"

- Elbert Hubbard

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1. “I’d like to consider Ferrari as a scaled down version of God.”

2. “Koenigsegg are saying that the CCX is more comfortable. More comfortable than what… being stabbed?”

3. “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?”

4. (On the Mercedes CLS55 AMG) “It sounds like Barry White eating wasps.”

5. (On the Alfa Romeo Brera) “Think of it as Angelina Jolie. You’ve heard she’s mad and eats nothing but wallpaper paste. But you would, wouldn’t you?”

6. (On the Porsche Cayenne) “I’ve seen gangrenous wounds better looking than this!”

7. “Whenever I’m suffering from insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I’m straight off.”

8.“The air conditioning in Lamborghinis used to be an asthmatic sitting in the dashboard blowing at you through a straw.”

9. “I’d rather go to work on my hands and knees than drive there in a Ford Galaxy. Whoever designed the Ford Galaxy upholstery had a cauliflower fixation. I would rather have a vasectomy than buy a Ford Galaxy.”

10. “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

I suspect that you can figure out who had the opinions above.

453747.png

• 1 month later...

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

-Hermann Goering (yes, THAT Hermann Goering)

"I think i'll stick with gin. Champaign is just ginger ale that knows somebody."

-Hawkeye Pierce (M*A*S*H)

"Why should i be afraid to die? There is no reason for it, you've got to go sometime..."

-from 'Great Gig in the Sky' by Pink Floyd

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://img.timeinc.net/time/i/icon_quote1.gifWe have the only nation you can put the World Cup that can guarantee no matter who makes the final, we can fill a stadium with home-nation rooters. http://img.timeinc.net/time/i/icon_quote2.gif

BILL CLINTON, former President speaks during America's final pitch to host to the 2022 World Cup. FIFA executives vote in Zurich Thursday to decide who will host the 2018 and 2022 tournament.

http://www.time.com/time/quotes

453747.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Retort to a stupid question (should you ever be put in that situation):

...Hard tellin', not knowin'

(an example of it's use would be my response to your askin' me to whom I credit the quote)

Edited by HDTurbo

• 1 month later...