LegacyGT.com

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy SH-T guys!! I just installed this baby yesterday, and have had nothing but pure love with the sound! Truly transforms the way the car sounds. I noticed that the car revs easier. I can nix this project off of my list of things to do with this car. Up next....

Perrin cb

Borla Header

Tein H springs

COBB or Perrin pulley (still researching on which is better)

Front lip

Maybe Rallitek's PerfectPower6 ecu (I'm not willing to be the guinea pig)

Now to call up my boss and ask for some overtime.....this stuff isn't going to come very cheap:rolleyes:

I've just found out that my CA PZEV engine can't work with Borla Headers or any of the aftermarket headers... i'm soo sad now

but this will work right?

i know what you mean, kinda makes me wanna stop moding the car all together:mad:

having trouble getting all the parts. autozone, pepboys didnt have the TEE's with 1/2in barbs, clamps i could get anywhere, and the hose, i can't find a high temperature one.

If you want, you can just leave the vac hose that connects to the white thing hanging. It is plugged anyway. That eliminates the tee and the hose requirement, and should leave you not needing to buy any parts.

Just unplug the white connector from the intake chamber that connects to the throttle body, look at it, and you'll see what I am talking about.

I'm thinking of just maybe taking the tee out and puting the plug back on that as it wasn't doing much of anything anyway, and now it's getting air into it all of a sudden...I really wonder what that vac line is for...:iam:

kk will try it later on tonight when it gets a bit cooler out here in socal.

did my springs last night =] and boy am i a happy camper.

WAIT! Don't do it! I just looked and I am stupid! Haha, basically you have to plug it or hook it to the tee. The white connector is open, so you can't just leave it hanging, cause it'll suck in dirty air.

My bad :spin:

lol okay havent done it yet. so i really dont need to go out and buy anything else?

Well, one thing you can do is try to find a vac cap for it, meaning you'll take off the tube entirely and plug the bung with the vac cap, effectively emulating the way it was "hooked" up to the stock intake chamber above the throttle body.

Other way is the way that I did it, and hook it up to a tee. That would also require extra hose and clamps.

Sorry again for the bad info, I was at work and wasn't really thinking right. :lol:

EDIT: You should try a Home Depot, Loews, or any other hardware store and look for heater hose. If the auto parts store doesn't have it, you gotta try alternatives...or order online.

now. is there anyone out there that did the ebay intake? They know what i mean. And have they switched to this. If anyone did, did they notice a difference between the two. pros cons?

secondly. those fog light covers. where and how much. i am digging the yellow.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

now. is there anyone out there that did the ebay intake? They know what i mean. And have they switched to this. If anyone did, did they notice a difference between the two. pros cons?

secondly. those fog light covers. where and how much. i am digging the yellow.

Thanks! Fog light overlays were from Subaru Genuine Parts. They have a headlight/fog light overlay kit. You can get mix and match colors or you can get them both the same color. Bad thing is you can't get just the fog overlays by themselves, you have to get both. $40 for both, so not terrible. Link here: https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/index.php?cPath=84_91

Well, one thing you can do is try to find a vac cap for it, meaning you'll take off the tube entirely and plug the bung with the vac cap, effectively emulating the way it was "hooked" up to the stock intake chamber above the throttle body.

Other way is the way that I did it, and hook it up to a tee. That would also require extra hose and clamps.

Sorry again for the bad info, I was at work and wasn't really thinking right. :lol:

EDIT: You should try a Home Depot, Loews, or any other hardware store and look for heater hose. If the auto parts store doesn't have it, you gotta try alternatives...or order online.

i think ima go with your way. dont feel the whole pluging the bung with a vac cap.

btw got home pretty late so wasnt able to work on the intake. hopefully saturday for sure ill have it in.

and for hangar. i live in the boundaries of norwalk and cerritos =] i believe your somewhere in the rowland heights area? or azusa?

EDIT: Alhambra! lol i just read your thing

okay i finally installed this baby up, but for sure my intake is all ghetto'd out.

the hoses i dont know what me and my buddies did but we ended up not ussing me TEE connector that i bought. and i really dont have much to say about that.

the vibramount!! whata B****. we ended up bending the tip of the mount a bit so it wouldnt rub against the intake manifold, and basically zip tied it to the chassis as much as possible.

took it up to the canyons and seemed great, except the intake would vibrate against the chassis so ima figure something out about that.

overall: love the intake sound. just gota secure it in much more. and the hoses gona get it rechecked.

also it didnt throw any CEL's (knock on wood)

yo monkeyhermit, if you can, can you give me a picture walkthrough on your hoses and vac lines and how you tee'd or connected them all together.

All I did was connect the two vac hoses on the passenger side into the tee, and then take some extra hose, cut to right length, hook it up to the tee then hook up the other end of the hose to the intake. If you look at my pics of the tee, two are from the engine and one is the extra hose that leads to the intake.

Maybe on the picture walkthrough this weekend as I've got a lot to take care of.

Archived