LegacyGT.com

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicely done and thank God!

I am on my 2nd 2.5i now just getting past the happy point of the HP increase of the 07 from the 05.

In continuation of the post above me what type of increase in performance would you say its giving you?

This has been added to the to do list thanks Jay!

Shad

Well, I guess then I'll be making this my next purchase since it doesn't throw any CELs. I'm heading down to Pennsylvania (Grove CIty) on the 27th, anybody know of any places where I can have one picked up? I'll be staying at a hotel, I wonder if they'll be able to take delivery and hold onto it the same day I check in?

im still using mine but ill probably end up buying the Injen one.

Aryx, i live in Erie Pennsylvaina, about 45 minutes north of Grove City. (You'll probably end up going through erie to get to grove city)

i don't know of any places around there were you could pick one up, the only place i know of is a shop called Enormis in Erie. the only thing is they would have to order it and it woulent be in for a few days...

Nicely done and thank God!

I am on my 2nd 2.5i now just getting past the happy point of the HP increase of the 07 from the 05.

In continuation of the post above me what type of increase in performance would you say its giving you?

This has been added to the to do list thanks Jay!

Shad

Yea id say its def worth it since we dont have many other options any way. With the intake you get the great sound and a decent increase in HP. The manual says that its suposed yo give you 16hp extra horses. Now i dont think its that high but i wana say around maybe 10hp. Its noticable enough.

To the Guys that get the Injen RD1222 intake that have MY06+... Let us know how you're hooking up the extra vacuum lines we have. I'm running the ebay special right now, but the ebay intake had places on it to hook up the lines.

Damn! That means I've got extra vac lines too, nooo! I think there is a total of 3 if I'm not mistaken.

Hey JayMitch2.5i, how many vac lines are on your 05? Or anyone know how many are on the 05's?

I guess I'll have to play around with it...:spin:

Edit: Found out CAI has 2 bungs for vac lines. Instructions that come with this intake can be found here: http://www.injen.com/galleries/products/RD1222_directions.pdf

Damn! That means I've got extra vac lines too, nooo! I think there is a total of 3 if I'm not mistaken.

Hey JayMitch2.5i, how many vac lines are on your 05? Or anyone know how many are on the 05's?

I guess I'll have to play around with it...:spin:

Edit: Found out CAI has 2 bungs for vac lines. Instructions that come with this intake can be found here: http://www.injen.com/galleries/products/RD1222_directions.pdf

I didnt know the 06+ had an extra vac line, that kinda changes things for you guys.

any noticeable increase/decrease in gas mileage? theoretically it should be better but just wondering

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Better gas my ass, the more air = more gas! Louder intake = wanting to floor it to get that roaring motor.

I didnt know the 06+ had an extra vac line, that kinda changes things for you guys.

Just got back from workin out, and was doing some thinking...I'm gonna try to use a t-connector and hook up the 2 vac lines on the passenger side of the car into it and then hook that up to the bung on the intake on the same side of the car. Hopefully that will be ok. I think someone did that on an 06 with the EBay intake tube if I'm not mistaken.

For now, still wating on shipment notification for the intake and the Hydro Shield...

Hey guys, was taking a look around the engine bay in preparation of what needs to be hooked up to the intake and how to do it.

Hey JayMitch2.5i and Legacy2.5R, did you have the white thing in between a vac hose and the intake chamber that's circled in the pic below? For those 06 and 07 guys who did the EBay intake mod, what did you guys do with this thing?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/222/455953474_ed8e8775a8.jpg?v=0

I don't think it will be difficult to get this thing worked into the setup, but it will require me to buy more stuff to get it in there. Does anyone know what this thing is?

Nah ive never seen that, all i had was the hose directly pluged into the tube. I didnt know that our motors were so dif in the setup.

Yeah, not only do you have PZEV, but on top of that, 05's don't have AVLS and 06's and 07's do. Foundation is mostly the same, but a few differences

NVM i got the answer to that question with your pic.

:lol:

I thought I did for a while until I asked my dealer, checked the documents that came with the car, and saw the photos in the other thread you started. For some reason, I thought NJ picked up Cali emissions laws, but I guess not.

Yeah I've got that white thing... it looks like a sensor, but in reality when you pull it off the box one end is capped off. I connected the vacuum line to the intake, and all was well. You should be able to add a T connector to it i suppose.

Here's a pic of my setup now. Notice the 3 blue vacuum lines.

http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/7320/dsc00007rx6.jpg

Archived