LegacyGT.com

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey guys,

i washed my car earlier today and i guess some of the water got inside and couple drops fell onto the intake, is that okay? or should i cover that area up next time? like how much water needs to be sucked in to damage the engine?

Whole filter needs to be submerged in order for it to do damage, but I suggest you get an Injen HydroShield. Look in one of the earlier posts for part#.

lol sure ill show you the intake and how i did it, its pretty easy except the mount, gota find a metal piece and your good to go.

i believe ill be at south coast subaru on wednesday getting my alignment done, cuz i installed springs last week.

man i would love to meet with you on Wednesday, but unfortunately it's the one day of work i can't miss... usually very busy on Wednesdays :redface:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• 1 month later...

just bumping this up so new people can see this performance mod...

plus i just ordered mine from cardomain.com

$279 for cai and hydroshield.

going to the hardware store early next week to pick up the t, tubing, hose clamps, and find whatever that metal peice monkhermit used

read the online instructions, for anyone whos done this do you need to take the bumper off? and if you do how do you do it? i havent looked yet because i havent gotten the cai in the mail.

read the online instructions, for anyone whos done this do you need to take the bumper off? and if you do how do you do it? i havent looked yet because i havent gotten the cai in the mail.

No need to pull the bumper off. Once you've removed the stock intake you will see how it will all come together.

• 2 weeks later...

After hearing all that you guys have talked about, and also seeing the pics, watching the videos, and hearing the soundclips, I am excited to do this. I only have doubts about the hydroshield. I bought an injen cai and hydroshield for an 01 civic, and installed it correctly. I drove in a heavy rain storm, and i t sucked almost a gallon of water up and killed the engine. $1700 I had a bent rod paperweight.

I talked to the parts guy at my dealership when I was there for my tune up, and he said that the SPT intake is made for the 2.5GT, wont void the warranty at all cause it is made for/by subaru. He told me it wont fit the 2.5i (which I already knew), but the one that the guy down the street sold would fit, and they dont void the warranty either, cause you are not modding the engine, only the amount of air that it takes in.

After all that being said, does anyone know if the hydroshield is really working as it should, and does anyone have an official standing on if it voids the warranty?

After hearing all that you guys have talked about, and also seeing the pics, watching the videos, and hearing the soundclips, I am excited to do this. I only have doubts about the hydroshield. I bought an injen cai and hydroshield for an 01 civic, and installed it correctly. I drove in a heavy rain storm, and i t sucked almost a gallon of water up and killed the engine. $1700 I had a bent rod paperweight.

I talked to the parts guy at my dealership when I was there for my tune up, and he said that the SPT intake is made for the 2.5GT, wont void the warranty at all cause it is made for/by subaru. He told me it wont fit the 2.5i (which I already knew), but the one that the guy down the street sold would fit, and they dont void the warranty either, cause you are not modding the engine, only the amount of air that it takes in.

After all that being said, does anyone know if the hydroshield is really working as it should, and does anyone have an official standing on if it voids the warranty?

The Hydroshield does repel water, but I wouldn't submerge it. I've read a review where this guys puts the Hydroshield over his hand and sprays it with a hose. The guy's hand was not wet, but you should still try to decrease the chances of it being submerged if possible. Also, on our cars, there is an under body panel right under where the intake will go. It helps to block water from flying up and hitting the CAI. Also, avoid large pools of water in which the depth is unknown :lol:

I noticed on jaymitch's intake it was a 2 part tube, that the joint was still in the engine compartment, not behind the bumper, does anyone recommend using just the upper part of the pipe and putting an air filter in the engine compartment instead of placing it in the bumper? If I did my measurements right, that is where the SPT short ram would go on the GT models. The only thing I think has to be done in that case would be mod a heat shield so it will pull the air from the bumper, and not the engine compartment, giving more protection against rain. I have to be honest, I love romping in the puddles at high speeds, just to see the look on peoples faces.

if you only use the one tube you will have a short ram intake. If you look at the video the first set up is with the short ram. It will work just fine but you wont get the same performance that you would with using the second pipe as a cold air. If you wanna see the set up on my ride lemme know and i'll meet up with you and you can see what it actually looks like and how low it is.

Installed mine last weekend.

Love it everyday when I drive it to work.

I can easily go up to 80 with hardly pressing any gas.

Save some gas for commuter like me without losing the fun to drive.

It's definitely a must do

• 4 weeks later...

Time for an update. Chime in if you have done this mod. What would you do different if you had to do it again.

I'd heard nothing but good about this and I'm looking to buy soon. Just wanted a quick update on status/fun on having this mod.

Archived