LegacyGT.com

Yeah I've got that white thing... it looks like a sensor, but in reality when you pull it off the box one end is capped off. I connected the vacuum line to the intake, and all was well. You should be able to add a T connector to it i suppose.

Here's a pic of my setup now. Notice the 3 blue vacuum lines.

http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/7320/dsc00007rx6.jpg

Hey digitaldebris, thanks for the response. But what about the wire that is connected to the white thing? Basically does nothing, doesn't do any sensing?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i want to get this cai but before i buy it where can i get the t connector???

Working on it...I'll most likely get it from an auto-parts store. Waiting for the intake to arrive and then gonna figure out what are the exact parts that I'll need as in what size the barbs on the T-connector/fitting should be. I already have a pretty good idea what it should be but I just want to make sure.

After I get everything working I'll post up a parts list along with some pics for the 06 and 07 guys. And hopefully, there won't be any CEL. Stay tuned...;)

Best place to get your 'T' connectors and hose joints may be home depot. Look in the plumbing section. I'm using PVC hose joints on my ebay setup. Just measure the sizes of the hose before you buy them... I forget was size i have. Maybe 1/4" to 3/8" or something like that.

Best place to get your 'T' connectors and hose joints may be home depot. Look in the plumbing section. I'm using PVC hose joints on my ebay setup. Just measure the sizes of the hose before you buy them... I forget was size i have. Maybe 1/4" to 3/8" or something like that.

Thanks, was gonna use Home Depot for the possible extra vac tubing I'll need as I found the size T that I think I'll need at a PepBoys. I think the size is 5/8" but will have to reconfirm.

I wish I payed a little more for faster shipping :lol: and I wish the same for the Hydro Shield...it has been 4 days and no word on shipment! but they have charged my card however.

Go to Murray's you can buy any and all sizes of vacum t's and such. I bought the variety kit for when I did the EFI on my Jeep

Thanks Sponge, but I went to check the site for store locations, they didn't have any around me.

It seems I'll have some time to look though, the place that I ordered from is saying that it's on order still, so it hasn't shipped! This is the same place that JayMitch2.5i ordered from. :mad:

I was hoping to get it by the April 22nd meet in NY but it seems there's a chance that I won't get it in time. If the shipping is fast I should still be ok though. How long did it take you to get it JayMitch? If I remember correctly, it took you about a week or so. Was yours on order for a few days?

Thanks Sponge, but I went to check the site for store locations, they didn't have any around me.

It seems I'll have some time to look though, the place that I ordered from is saying that it's on order still, so it hasn't shipped! This is the same place that JayMitch2.5i ordered from. :mad:

I was hoping to get it by the April 22nd meet in NY but it seems there's a chance that I won't get it in time. If the shipping is fast I should still be ok though. How long did it take you to get it JayMitch? If I remember correctly, it took you about a week or so. Was yours on order for a few days?

I placed the order late at night, two days later it was shipped and about a week later i had it. They sent be confirmation emails and tracking on the package as well. Did you get any thing from them?

I placed the order late at night, two days later it was shipped and about a week later i had it. They sent be confirmation emails and tracking on the package as well. Did you get any thing from them?

Nope, I just got an email saying my order is placed. Then I wrote them today at work and they wrote back that it's on order from Injen. However, they charged my card :confused: I just hope it ships out tomorrow and I'll get it next week sometime.

SO basicaly its on back order, the black intake is kinda hard to get. Even cardomain has it placed on backorder. shitty that they didnt tell you that before you ordered it.

Yeah, if I knew I would have gone somewhere else to buy or I would have even gone with the silver one. Oh well...As long as I get what I ALREADY paid for haha.

i have 05 2.5i :D

Walkthrough thread avalible? I know nothing about these... :confused:

Hey Hanger, you can basically follow the instructions supplied with the kit, it is almost the same. 05's only have 2 vac hoses so that matches up with the 2005 Imprezas. There will be slight differences but you can figure out what to do with it. I linked the instructions in a previous post, but here it is again: http://www.injen.com/galleries/products/RD1222_directions.pdf

You can take a look and judge the difficulty from there, but it should be easy as pie for your 05 guys.

Edit: For you guys curious about my situation, I called up the place I ordered from and asked them to change the order from black to polished because they have stock on the polished intake. I preferred the black intake but since it seems difficult to find I can live with the polished, and it won't be that big of a deal. As long as it performs like it's supposed to haha. Should be shipped out today, at least according to the gentleman on the phone.

your baby avatar creeps me out

+1 every time i see it i look away

The installation is realy simple like monkey said you can follow the dirctions all the way through. two things to make life easyer. Put the Filter in the CAI tube before you place it into the original intake spot. Also before you put the CAI tube on take the rubber liner and us it on the top and side of the cut out for the intake. Heres a pic to show you what i mean.

DSC01208.jpg.6e6a264d827d3b788e0595e0c64963ee.jpg

Sorry I haven't ever taken my stock intake apart yet so what you're saying JayMitch is that there is a rubber lining going around the edge of the cutout where the stock intake rests. Take that rubber lining and move it to the top end of that "hole"???? This is I guess to prevent the bare edge from rubbing against the new intake?

Sorry I haven't ever taken my stock intake apart yet so what you're saying JayMitch is that there is a rubber lining going around the edge of the cutout where the stock intake rests. Take that rubber lining and move it to the top end of that "hole"???? This is I guess to prevent the bare edge from rubbing against the new intake?

Exactly:)

Archived