LegacyGT.com

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow..GOOD JOB! Thumbs UP!. I guess ill be trying this soon. How long did the install take, any problems?

The install probaly took about 45 mins, you can follow the directions for the impreza install all the way though. Your only dif is when you place the cold air intake into were the original intake sat.

Hey JayMitch2.5i, what is the part number for the filter? There are 3 different sizes for the Injen Hydro Shield and just wanted to see which one would need to be ordered.

Because of you, I am seriously thinking about ordering this thing right now! :spin:

:lol:

Edit: Found it to be 1020DT but if you can confirm that would be great! Thanks!

I beleive its a 3inch filter, i left the paper that had the exact number at my other house so i'll pick it up and let you know later on today. You def wana get the right fit, or it will fall off.

I beleive its a 3inch filter, i left the paper that had the exact number at my other house so i'll pick it up and let you know later on today. You def wana get the right fit, or it will fall off.

True. If it is the 1020, then you want the small size, which can be ordered here: http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters/65A2582A0A0.aspx

I found a site that is cheaper but it does not offer the option of choosing a size. This was the next best price I could find. Nothing on EBay either.

how does it sound at wot shifting through gears? does it give it that badass boxer sound?

it donest have that sick boxter sound like you would normaly hear on a wrx or sti, i think that has more to do with the headers and exhaust. Its pretty suddle until you get on it and it just roars through. If any body is interested in takeing a look and may be in the area, let me know. im gonna be off from work til tuesday. other wise i will be at the palisades meet on the 22nd as well.

True. If it is the 1020, then you want the small size, which can be ordered here: http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters/65A2582A0A0.aspx

I found a site that is cheaper but it does not offer the option of choosing a size. This was the next best price I could find. Nothing on EBay either.

Thats a decent price and i wana get it black or red so being able to choose colors is important. I think i might you that site, other wise it was gonna be cadomain.

it donest have that sick boxter sound like you would normaly hear on a wrx or sti, i think that has more to do with the headers and exhaust. Its pretty suddle until you get on it and it just roars through. If any body is interested in takeing a look and may be in the area, let me know. im gonna be off from work til tuesday. other wise i will be at the palisades meet on the 22nd as well.

Then I guess I'll see ya at Palisades on the 22nd :icon_cool

Damn mang!!! Items ordered! :icon_chee

Got the intake and also ordered the small Injen Hydro Shield...Hope I made a good decision, haha. And so begins the bottomless pit of modding the ride. :spin:

+1

Put 130 miles on it and still no problems but the fact that i drive faster.

Hey JayMitch2.5i, what is the part number for the filter? There are 3 different sizes for the Injen Hydro Shield and just wanted to see which one would need to be ordered.

Because of you, I am seriously thinking about ordering this thing right now! :spin:

:lol:

Edit: Found it to be 1020DT but if you can confirm that would be great! Thanks!

The injen filter provided is: 3in Small DT Filter #1020.

The manual says to use Hydro Shield #X-1033.

The injen filter provided is: 3in Small DT Filter #1020.

The manual says to use Hydro Shield #X-1033.

Damn, I ordered the #X-1035BLK...but the site said the 1035 should fit the 1020 filter.

1034's

Large Hydro Shield Fits Filters with the Following Dimensions

• 6.75" Base
  • 5" Tall
  • 5" Top
  • Or Fits Injen Filter Part: X-1015 and X-1018

1033's

Medium Hydro Shield Fits Filters with the Following Dimensions

• 6" Base
  • 5" Tall
  • 4" to 5" Top
  • Or Fits Injen Filter Part: X-1011, X-1012, X-1013, X-1014, and X-1017

1035's

Small Hydro Shield Fits Filters with the Following Dimensions

• 5" Base
  • 5" Tall
  • 4" Top
  • Or Fits Injen Filter Part: X-1010 and X-1020

I'm hoping for the best. :cool:

Damn, I ordered the #X-1035BLK...but the site said the 1035 should fit the 1020 filter.

1034's

Large Hydro Shield Fits Filters with the Following Dimensions

• 6.75" Base
  • 5" Tall
  • 5" Top
  • Or Fits Injen Filter Part: X-1015 and X-1018

1033's

Medium Hydro Shield Fits Filters with the Following Dimensions

• 6" Base
  • 5" Tall
  • 4" to 5" Top
  • Or Fits Injen Filter Part: X-1011, X-1012, X-1013, X-1014, and X-1017

1035's

Small Hydro Shield Fits Filters with the Following Dimensions

• 5" Base
  • 5" Tall
  • 4" Top
  • Or Fits Injen Filter Part: X-1010 and X-1020

I'm hoping for the best. :cool:

If it says it should fit then you shouldnt have a problem.

Damn, when I heard that engine with the CAI part on it really sounded badass. Great, now I absolutely have to find a seller here north of the border. I'll just wait a little while longer for you guinea pigs to confirm no CELs.

Damn, when I heard that engine with the CAI part on it really sounded badass. Great, now I absolutely have to find a seller here north of the border. I'll just wait a little while longer for you guinea pigs to confirm no CELs.

3 days, 130 miles, no cel!

Now I'm interested... do we keep the stock airbox?

The stock airbox is going to come out for the CAI, but it's up to you if you want to keep it just in case for the future. I personally think it is a good idea to keep it for anything unexpected.

hey man...i really wanna look into getting that intake but i cant hear the audio files. do u think i could get them emailed to me or sumthing?

Yea PM me your email adress and i will send it to you. I think you might need divx to run it.

Archived