LegacyGT.com

They sent the wrong wheels!

IwannaSportSedan

Well,

After finally ordering the Full Royal Gunmetal Tarmac IIs that I wanted, I confirmed the order shipment on Friday, as well. They arrived today.

But they are ALL gunmetal. not polished. If I had wanted that, I would not have sold the Exel TZ10s that I had in Gunmetal, already...

so now, I am going to have to try to send them back, or find out if they made a mistake. The vendor said that he confirmed with his warehouse that the Full Royal Gunmetallic rims were in stock, and would ship. NOW they say that they don't have any.

Naturally I suggested that perhaps they were mixed up, and still had the FRG color in stock, and that their records were reversed for the gunmetallic.

So he is going to get back to me, and let me know. If they don't have the full-royal version, I am probably back to square one, and will probably just send them back for a refund of the purchase price, and shipping.

They had better refund my shipping, AND pay to have them shipped back. So far they have been very willing to work on a solution, but THEY CONFIRMED that the right wheels were in stock, and shipped to me. I double checked when I ordered, and asked again later, specifically!!! I thought I was being overbearing by asking so many times! NO other vendors have this wheel in Full Royal Gunmetallic...

THE RUB... is that I have a set of 225/40-18 General Exclaim UHP tires on order, and probably now in stock, at a local tire vendor, waiting for what I was assured, were the correct wheels. So now, I either need to come up with some compatible wheels, or eat some crow, and see if they'll send them back, or change for another size, if my wheel size changes.

PAIN IN THE AZZ!

http://web.mac.com/mkutzli/iWeb/Site/the%20wrong%20wheels_files/IM000286.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FRAK!

the vendor that sold me the wheels will accept them back, but I have to choose to pay either a 20% restocking fee. (~125$) OR I have to pay to have the wheels shipped back to them at my own cost, which would ALSO cost about that much, and possibly MORE.

They claim that they ordered these and had them drop-shipped through the Rota US distributor, who are the ones that made the mistake with the color.

Now I have to see if I can call them, and get them to retract the restock fee, and work with the vendor to refund my purchase price.

Unless I am able to do that, I am out over $100 dollars for a mistake I didn't make, and I tried very hard to avoid. That is 100$ I am not able to use to replace these wheels.

DOES ANYONE HERE WANT GUNMETAL TARMAC II wheels, NEW in their boxes???

700$ plus shipping, and they are all yours. I'll ship them to you, rather than back to them, and lose money in that process.

I KNEW some BS like this would happen.

Hey man, that is total bull. The "vendor" cannot make you pay for their mistake. The ordered them wrong so they should pay. Who is the vendor?

:whore: :whore: :whore:

I literally had this exact same situation two weeks ago with some 20" GT Series Volk's from Mackin. They shipped the wrong bolt pattern and of course are now out of stock on the correct ones (and I have tires waiting at teh local speed shop). They sent call tags for UPS to pick them up and I'm waiting on a refund now. My vendor on this has been great....even offering to pay for the tires to be mounted to the stock wheels while we figure something else out (since they'll have to be moved over to a new set meaning another $100).

This is a place for the vendor to step up and 'do the right thing' - either make it a no cost situation for you to send these back, or get you what you ordered. No other solution is cool (unless they want to offer a discount on something else you might want as an alternative).

Wow, that is total crap. Restocking fee your their mistake. I work in retail and something like that doesn't fly. We have a restocking fee too, but not for internal f$%^ups' on our part. What happened to the customer is who we are doing it for, and why we are business in the first place. I had a problem with Tirerack.com. Shipped me the tire mounted on the rim backwards, and missing the C ring for the 4th wheel tire combo. They made it all right. Love the tire and wheel combo now that I have a set of 4.

Fortunately most businesses are cool. Good luck to you on your wheels.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

Oh, man, that really sucks and I feel bad for you, but . . . somehow . . . I just . . . can't . . . help . . my . . self . . . from . . . .

. . .

. . .

LMAO man that is just too goddamn funny OMG that sucks so bad but it is just too funny, after all of that deciding and waiting and anticipation

and they sent the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's like ordering up your awesome new LGT, going to pick it up. . . .

"hello, sir . . . "

"Glad to see you ... .here to pick up your new car??"

"I'm happy to show you . . .

your brand ... new . . .

Camry . . . !!!!!" (salesman with a proud smile on his face)

. . . "with the gold package . . .

that you . . .

special ordered . . .

and you got a great deal on the car . . .

the gold package was only $4325 extra . . . "

LMAO OMG that is too funny.

Hope this post helps you laugh at this I wanna - it helps to laugh this shit off - you'll get it all sorted, Im sure.

Good luck!!

Look on the bright side - its still too cold for summers anyway.

:)

I'll probably be laughing harder when I am done with this mess... but that analogy is funny.

I don't yet want to cause bad publicity for the vendor I am dealing with, because so far they have been willing to work with me, up until this shipping/restock bit, and they are claiming that it is the Rota US distributor that made the error. So I need to go down that road before I start burning bridges.

But rest-assured, I will be naming names, if it comes to that, to make sure that people are made aware before doing business.

I did put this purchase on a Visa, but it it is my bank debit card, rather than a full credit card. I am not sure how Visa, or my bank would handle that, but I will certainly ask.

The vendor did mention that they might be able to get the wheels I ordered in 4-6 weeks, again through the rota distributor's warehouse. Add an additional week to two weeks turn around to ship them back to me, and getting tires arranged AGAIN, and it could be nearly july before I could get non-snow tires on my car. Other vendors said that this wheel is being discontinued, and that no more stock is coming. Another thing that I can take up with Rota's US distributor.

I'll update with progress...

If this goes badly, selling the wheels might be easier than getting a refund, but hopefully that won't be the case.

I'll probably be laughing harder when I am done with this mess... but that analogy is funny.

I don't yet want to cause bad publicity for the vendor I am dealing with, because so far they have been willing to work with me, up until this shipping/restock bit, and they are claiming that it is the Rota US distributor that made the error. So I need to go down that road before I start burning bridges.

But rest-assured, I will be naming names, if it comes to that, to make sure that people are made aware before doing business.

I did put this purchase on a Visa, but it it is my bank debit card, rather than a full credit card. I am not sure how Visa, or my bank would handle that, but I will certainly ask.

The vendor did mention that they might be able to get the wheels I ordered in 4-6 weeks, again through the rota distributor's warehouse. Add an additional week to two weeks turn around to ship them back to me, and getting tires arranged AGAIN, and it could be nearly july before I could get non-snow tires on my car. Other vendors said that this wheel is being discontinued, and that no more stock is coming. Another thing that I can take up with Rota's US distributor.

I'll update with progress...

If this goes badly, selling the wheels might be easier than getting a refund, but hopefully that won't be the case.

btw imo alot of this sounds like the old scare tactics, make it enough of a pita for you that youll keep em.

vendor should offer to refund your money 100% right away, they can send ups or fedex to pick them at your house and or have it in the computer so that you can drop them off at a location and it will be billed to the vendor.

go to another vendor is what i would do after i got my money back, you having to pay anything out of your pocket would have made me look elsewhere.

btw even if its a debit card you can chargeback, ive done it before.

post the vendor, id like to know just so i know not to deal with them ever, youll be doing me and the forum members a favor.

Internet companies drop ship stuff all the time from the big distributors, if a wrong item is sent that is the vendors fault. Who cares if the drop shipper was wrong, you didn't buy from them so they are liable to make sure the right product is shipped in the end.

If it was me, I would dispute it and if they want it back they have to pay for it too.

This was not Subydude. Subydude admitted to not having the color I wanted in stock. Aside from, and up until this last return shipment issue, the vendor has been easy to deal with, and I don't want to drag their name through the mud if they are still going to come through for me.

I have submitted a nice, polite letter to the Rota US distributor, carbon copied to the vendor, and to Rota's corporate headquarters. I will see what the response is, and if it isn't instant uptake, I will post the name and address of the vendor here, and go to the next step, selling the wheels, or challenging the charges, or whatever I can.

I posted a "guaging interest" thread in the wheels marketplace forum, to possibly open another out for me, by re-selling these wheels, if anyone is interested.

But as I said there, I still reserve the right to return these wheels to the vendor or distributor, and I will confirm that this issue gets dropped with the vendor before I release the wheels to another buyer.

Any way possible to easily get back to ground here, and start over. The more exit options, the better. And if someone would really like these, then great.

I still don't understand why this is between you and the Rota US distributor. You paid your money to the vendor, no? The vendor is responsible for making things right. Drop shipping is irrelevant and a detail between the vendor and their supplier. If the vendor doesn't understand this, they shouldn't be in business.

sorry to hear your bad experience on getting your new wheels. when i got my rota rbs from another vendor, they did the same thing, place the order then drop shipped from vendor. luckily i got the right wheels the first time. hope everything turns out good for you.

I still don't understand why this is between you and the Rota US distributor. You paid your money to the vendor, no? The vendor is responsible for making things right. Drop shipping is irrelevant and a detail between the vendor and their supplier. If the vendor doesn't understand this, they shouldn't be in business.

I sorta hafta agree with this. The vendor should sort it out - its just what you do.

Note: Guys, in the future you should try to avoid using a debit card to make purchases. You may not have any better luck if its a credit card, but at least some credit cards do offer protection.

Also, get IN WRITING the details of the order prior to paying - then you have a paper copy in case you need a snake, erm, laywer :) LOL J/K lawyer dudes (some of my best friends are lawyers, etc etc :) )

If the vendor's order was right, and they got confirmation from the Rota Distributor, and the distributor made the mistake... then the distributor and the vendor need to get together, and make this work.

I agree that the primary focus is the vendor. But I am hoping that applying some polite pressure to both (and I have spoken on the phone with the vendor, as well as sending them a copy of the letter...)

they can come together and make sure this is right.

The person I have dealt with so far was not clear as to whether the restock fee was on the vendor's part, or on the distributor/warehouse part.

So I wrote to both. And actually the distributor just called me, and notified me that they will not charge the vendor for the restocking fee. So now I can contact the vendor again, and arrange shipping back, and a refund.

Gloves off.

Modacar Auto Accessories, in Livermore, California.

They are giving me the run-around, and have raised their restocking fee from 20% to 25%, and then magnanimously, they waive that, and make me pay return shipping, and now refuse to refund the first shipping charge. of 70$.

Good will was extended as far as possible, but now has expired. Next steps will be taken to contest the charges, report to the BBB, and possibly to the state Attorney General's office.

Buyer beware, do not deal with this vendor.

On the contrary, Kim Bong, with Cosmic Marketing Corp, the US distributor of Rota wheels, was receptive, and did offer to waive his company's restocking fee.

Archived