LegacyGT.com

They sent the wrong wheels!

IwannaSportSedan

When I dealt with Mach V motorsports, they seemed very good. I think they are probably treating you right, Underdog. Plus they are vendors in good standing here.

Yup. Dan is a good guy. He might not always give you the lowest price but he is a man of his word and will follow up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, any chance you can arrange an even up swap with Rota, directly, to get you the correct wheels?

Gloves off.

Modacar Auto Accessories, in Livermore, California.

They are giving me the run-around, and have raised their restocking fee from 20% to 25%, and then magnanimously, they waive that, and make me pay return shipping, and now refuse to refund the first shipping charge. of 70$.

Good will was extended as far as possible, but now has expired. Next steps will be taken to contest the charges, report to the BBB, and possibly to the state Attorney General's office.

Buyer beware, do not deal with this vendor.

On the contrary, Kim Bong, with Cosmic Marketing Corp, the US distributor of Rota wheels, was receptive, and did offer to waive his company's restocking fee.

Grab their entrails. PULL HARD until they come out of their butts, swing they about your head until them slam hard into something hard, and only THEN do you begin negotiations. I think I learned this in negotiation skill in a seminar called "Conan the Barbarian." But it seems to work. ;)

Dude, any chance you can arrange an even up swap with Rota, directly, to get you the correct wheels?

I have inquired about a swap with Rota, but I haven't heard anything yet. I am not sure that there is much stock of Group A / Tarmac II in north America.

I'll probably hear more tomorrow.

I now have documentation that Rota recieved the order for Gunmetal from Modacar. Modacar confirmed three times to me that it it was "Full Royal Gunmetallic". They lied to my face from day one, and unloaded the wrong product on me.

They gave me the run-around today, and claimed that I didn't order full royal bronze in the first place.... and asked "Don't you just want to keep them?"

Bullshit. This is not an honest mixup. This is a snowjob, and has been from day one; and I am NOT a happy person.

My guess is your bank will take your side in the credit card dispute. You ordered one thing and the merchant shipped you another, there's no reason you should have to pay for that. If they don't take your side, close the account immediately, and tell them why. (And if that gets them to come around, close the account after this all blows over... and tell them you shouldn't have to play hardball with your bank to get them on your side.) It would probably help to have printouts (or at least soft copies) of any emails you've had with Modacar that will help explain the chain of events.

Your dealing with the distributor on this was a kinda and generous action on your part. Modacar should be thankful that you're helping smooth things out. But ultimately, you have no business relationship with the Rota distributor, only with Modacar. As I understand the law (IANAL) you couldn't take action against the distributor here even if it was them who messed up - only Modacar can. So it's up to Modacar to set things right with you, and then sort things out with the distributor.

Do posts in NASIOC's OT forums count for anything? It should be easy enough to get in a couple of heart-felt "haha that's hilarious" replies in there. :)

Consider http://www.iwsti.com as well. If Modacar is trying to get you to pay for their mistake, then they deserve lots of publicity for this.

Good luck, btw. (Even though I don't think you'll need it.)

I don't want to take action against Rota or their US distributor. I was hoping they might help me resolve it with Modacar, (modacar blamed rota for the mixup, then I found out that modacar ordered the wrong thing from the get-go) or trade my product with something that I want. So far I have received a copy of the order Modacar placed, which was wrong, and no other response.

Modacar hasn't called back, and I am persuing the issue with the bank... we'll see how that goes.

I'd almost rather sell the wheels, and have someone enjoy them, than even sending them back through modacar... but whatever I have to do...

My guess is if you simply dispute / decline the carges, your bank will refuse to pay Modacar. Then the ball is in Modacar's court and you have the upper hand. They could ask you to ship them back, but more likely they'll send you call tags for shipping. If you find a buyer in the meantime, Modacar might let you buy the wheels yourself and sell them to the next buyer, if that's cheaper than shipping (from their perspective).

It's great that you got that copy of the erroneous order form.

My bank usually takes about a week to settle stuff like this - I did it last summer for a company that didn't ship, and it went off very smoothly. They never did ship, I got my money back, end of story. I was susprised how easy it was. Now I'm in it again over a broken parking meter... Broken enough to stop issuing tickets, but not broken enough to stop dinging my credit card. I'm optimistic, but less certain, since there's less evidence to support my case (or theirs, but still).

man, your situation sucks. I want the same exact wheels. I shopped around online first and then took the best deal I found to Discount Tire and they matched it. They first told me 3 to 5 bus. days, then they called me and said the distributor said it'd be maybe 2months before they got more full royal gun metallics. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

URGENT UPDATE

After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Modacar has now offered to pay return shipping, and refund all of my costs, and are sending me the UPS labels to ship the wheels back, and have confirmed that they will refund my costs once the wheels are verified in new condition when they arrive there, which of course, they are.

Since I have offered these wheels for sale here, If you want these wheels, let me know, and I will still sell them to you, but I need to know, and have a firm committment and payment within the next 12 to 24 hours, or until I need to process these to be shipped back to modacar.

If you are interested in these wheels, please notify me immediately. I am still willing to sell to someone on this forum, and drop my case with Modacar.

After that point, if you want these Tarmac II/Group A wheels in Gunmetallic, you could contact Modacar, and purchase these particular new wheels from them, and risk dealing with their sales practices. They may treat you better than I, or they may not, but until they re-sell these, they should likely retain them in stock, or restock them with the Rota Distributor's warehouse in California. Buyer beware, and informed.

Wow, that's great news Iwanna. Very glad to see this is getting resolved.

Soooo, since you're now in the market for wheels, I have a very nice set of Enkei RSF-2's, with a brand new set of RE 950s on them that I can let you have cheap.

They are 195/60/15 tires on 15 in wheels, let me know if you're interested . . . .

:)

LMAO I guess I work for modacar now????

LOL

yah, I am sure those fifteens will fit really well... NOT. :lol:

Oh, come on, cant you just _live_ with them? Arent they close to what you wanted anyway?

Tell you what, you can pay me an extra 15 % and you can keep them, whaddaya say?

LOL

You still gonna get the original wheel you wanted, or whats your plan now?

According to Subydude, all "Full Royal" colors, (painted with machined face) are no longer available on the Tarmac II, and are no longer offered. Out of luck. Gone.

I am still perhaps considering a set of 18" torques. Otherwise, some other style entirely. Maybe Ace Arius, maybe something else entirely.

Basically back to square one, and trying to find a good looking AND good fitting wheel in my price range.

I am kind of getting frustrated with the whole thing, though... The wheels I like don't fit, the usual suspect wheels that fit don't really win me over visually, and the ones that do fit both of those categories are way more expensive than I can afford.

What is new, eh?

Its a bummer. Good luck, wanna.

According to Subydude, all "Full Royal" colors, (painted with machined face) are no longer available on the Tarmac II, and are no longer offered. Out of luck. Gone.

I am still perhaps considering a set of 18" torques. Otherwise, some other style entirely. Maybe Ace Arius, maybe something else entirely.

Basically back to square one, and trying to find a good looking AND good fitting wheel in my price range.

I am kind of getting frustrated with the whole thing, though... The wheels I like don't fit, the usual suspect wheels that fit don't really win me over visually, and the ones that do fit both of those categories are way more expensive than I can afford.

What is new, eh?

What do you guys think... Since I am starting over at zero again.

MB Blast (like TRS has) on special for 80$

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17041&d=1144792207

MB Motorsports Seven X

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/mbmsev.sm.ang.jpg

Liquidmetal Static:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/liqsta.s.ang.jpg

Excel BK-7

http://www.wheelmax.com/_images/products/bk7.gif

Excel Radius

http://www.wheelmax.com/_images/products/radius.gif

Ace Arius

http://www.wheelmax.com/_images/products/arius.gif

Ace Manta

http://www.wheelmax.com/_images/products/mantahb.gif

Rota Torque

http://www.subydude.com/gallery/ul/index.php/600/600/gallery/1789_3.JPG

Any other like suggestion, in a silver/hypersilver color, 18" diameter that fits. 5, split 5, 7 spoke, or mesh preferred, less than 1000$ for a set of four. I prefer 5-lug rather than ten, but I know that beggars can't be choosers.

What??? no more full royal??? man, that really sucks. I wonder what's going to happen with my order from Discount Tire. They said it would take 2 months. I bet the give me the wrong color. Crap! These wheels and the Spec B wheels were the only ones I really liked. I guess I'll have to wait for some spec B's.

I would definitely check with Discount tire, to make sure of your order.

Zoeb at Subydude told me directly that the full royal "treatment" was discontinued. MAYBE it is just that Subydude isn't going to carry it anymore, but I would certainly check into it further.

The regular colors, like chrome, silver, steel grey, etc should still be available in the Tarmac II...

Archived