LegacyGT.com

Recommend me coffee maker

Tocsin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Friends don't let friends drink $tarbucks!

Everything I make, always tastes better then $tarbucks.

I don't doubt that one bit. It's funny when I bring in a thermos and can't drink it, occasionally I offer it to others. People always say "oh, I can't drink coffee without cream and/or sugar". I insist that yes, in fact, they can. It just can't be charbucks. Usually people are surprised by good smooth coffee....it's not hard folks!

IMHO, sugar and cream are band aids for bad coffee...

IMHO, sugar and cream are band aids for bad coffee...

AHMEN! The other day, away from home, I ordered a cappachino from an average coffee shop near by. The barista asked if I wanted any flavors with my cappanchino. I said, "Yeah, coffee".:lol:

Seriously, if I am stuck in some bum-fawk backwaters town and need a coffee, I will dump as much whole cream and sugar as I can find!

Cheers,

Mike

Guys, if you like good coffee, you owe it to yourself to try the Costa Rican French Roast at Costco. 2.5 lbs. for $7.00. Far better than Starbucks. They had a limited run of Ethiopian after the tsunami hit the Sumatra region, which was the best stuff I ever tasted. Sadly, the discontinued it once the Sumatra deliveries resumed. I even wrote a letter to the CEO of Costco in protest.

I kind of agree with this recommendation. I am always willing to try out new roasts as long as they are:

1. Small batch roasts.

2. Roasted in the last week.

3. Beans are not charred.

There are plenty of small roasters all over the place (PNW) that I would have a hard time trying them all.

But, ultimately, it does come down to what tastes good to you.

Cheers,

Mike

Chiming in again. One of the makers I have been interested in trying, but cant justify the cost, is an electric vacuum press. Its supposed to be just as good as a french press, but uh, electric and vacuum-y. Its a complicated system though, and cleaning it seems a bit too much. ut its interesting.

Also of note on roasters, I try to support my local ones as much as possible. It doesnt hurt that there are two awesomely delicious ones in town. So if you're ever in Milwaukee, do yourself a favor and stop in at a Stone Creek Coffee or Alterra Roaster.

Guest Gitster
If you sign up for Gevalia, buy a pound of awesome coffee, they'll send you a kickass coffee maker for free. Ours is really nice. 12 cups, programmable, and it was free. Cant go wrong. Just make sure you cancel so they dont keep sending you coffee.

I can't believe no one has posted how to make swedish coffee. All you need is a pot!

10-12 cups water

1 cup regular-grind coffee

1 egg

1 cup ice cold water

Bring water to a boil and remove from heat. In a small bowl, mix coffee and egg. Add a little hot water to coffee and egg mixture, then pour mixture into hot water. Stir and heat until it comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and pour in 1 cup of ice cold water. Let set for 10 minutes before serving. (The egg and grounds settle to the bottom, leaving the coffee a dark honey color.)

^^^ nice one. I'm going to try that.

I like Swedish girls too. probably harder to make:icon_mrgr

http://www.answers.com/main/images/aNorthEast.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cLeftTop.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cRightTop.gif

http://www.answers.com/main/images/cLeftBottom.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cRightBottom.gif

Our Coffee:

Nobody roasts coffee like Peet's. We roast our coffee by hand in small batches to create our signature flavor. You will notice the difference as soon as you open this bag. The color is dark chocolate and the aroma is intense and very fragrant. Roasted coffee tastes best when it is fresh, so the coffee we roast today will be en route to you as quickly as possible. Please visit our web site from more information on how we select, blend and roast the more than 30 coffees we offer. Also, our web site can help you discover the coffee to best suit your flavor preferences and brewing methods

http://www.peets.com

Good Stuff :p

:munch:

• 9 months later...
Guest heightsgtltd

I have been using my Nespresso machine for about 6 months now and I love it.

It uses Nespresso pods, and the espresso and Capuccino that it makes is really amazing.

There is a frother accessory that makes the milk just like you get from restaurants.

this is the new price/quality choice since the Presto Scandanavia is discontinued. Black & Decker DCM2500. Consistent 200F brew temps and $30.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2115/2167551188_4f8d390c2b.jpg

We have three offices (plus home) with a Bunn BTX Thermal brewer, a Braun, a Krups, a Mr. Coffee, one of the Kuerig K-cup models, a Zojurushi Fresh Brew, and a couple of French presses. We even have two employees who roast their own beans, and Green Mountain coffee is a customer of ours.

We grind the beans right before we brew: that seems to make the most difference in taste. We use Cuisinart Burr Mill grinders: loud as hell, though.

All of the brewers save one have thermal carafes: that's now all we buy. I like the Krups Aroma Control the best of all of them for home, followed by the Braun. At work the Bunn with thermal carafe rocks.

The Bunn is popular because it's fast and has good taste. The K-Cup is fast and convenient, but the cups are expensive. The Zojurushi we have takes #3 filters, which we can never find, so we cut down #4: I wouldn't buy one again.

Places like coffeegeek have lots of reviews, and of course CR weighs in. CR rates them on features only, not taste: glass carafe.

Black & Decker SmartBrew DCM2500

Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200

Hamilton Beach Brew Station 47454

Mr. Coffee FTX25

Gevalia 50041

Thermal carafe:

Zojirushi Fresh Brew EC-BD15

Krups Coffee Machine FMF5

Mr. Coffee ISTX85

Braun Impressions KF600

Cuisinart DCC2000

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Here is the one I have. We've been using it for years. The single shot capsules they use are great. You can make any strength and flavor of coffee, expresso or whatever you want one cup at a time. takes about 10 seconds to make a cup of coffee. It's expensinve, but if you have a $5-10 a day mocha habit; it pays for it's self pretty quickly.

nespresso_romeo_E350.jpg.29f3c249044c09a4987b56ac9c58e2e0.jpg

Let's kick this pig!

there's no magic to good coffee. a proper grind, proper water temps and that's about it. try it the old fashioned way....heat the water, mix the grinds, let settle in the bottom of the cup and drink.

Guest heightsgtltd
Here is the one I have. We've been using it for years. The single shot capsules they use are great. You can make any strength and flavor of coffee, expresso or whatever you want one cup at a time. takes about 10 seconds to make a cup of coffee. It's expensinve, but if you have a $5-10 a day mocha habit; it pays for it's self pretty quickly.

Nice.

What I like about Nespresso is they use the same quality components in the cheaper ones as they do in the fancy ones

Archived