LegacyGT.com

Recommend me coffee maker

Tocsin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.roastmasters.com/store/graphics/00000001/mmaster225.jpg

http://www.roastmasters.com/moccamaster.html

just bought this on a high recommendation from the master coffee thread on nasioc

something something perfect 200 degree brewing temperature....

they must charge a $1 a degree, cause it's $200!!!

looks good. :)

Depends on what kind of coffee you want. Best machine that I have owned is a Pavoni, pricey, but repairable. Lasts forever. Makes the best Latte on the planet!:)
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Yo-

Just cracked the french press. Been making the nectar like that for years and figure maybe I'd switch to the machine.

Tell me what's good!

THanks brethren

:icon_cool

Yo mang, You CAN'T GO BACK!! I'm serious. I've been doing the Press for awhile now, and everytime I try any other method it's just GROSS. The only other way I can have coffee now is an espresso machine.

I don't know if you have the Store 'Ross' near where you live. But I just picked up a $40 dollar Press for like $14 bucks. and it was one of the nice ones that came with matching cups. ;) Another place you can buy presses for cheap is on Ebay. I picked one up for $20, and that included shipping.

:munch:

Yo mang, You CAN'T GO BACK!! I'm serious. I've been doing the Press for awhile now, and everytime I try any other method it's just GROSS. The only other way I can have coffee now is an espresso machine.

I don't know if you have the Store 'Ross' near where you live. But I just picked up a $40 dollar Press for like $14 bucks. and it was one of the nice ones that came with matching cups. ;) Another place you can buy presses for cheap is on Ebay. I picked one up for $20, and that included shipping.

Yeah, I just go into chinatown in SF and they're cheap. I go through one or two a year cause I do what I did this morning. Crack! Sh[T!

I need a robot french press or something, maybe a french maid that will make my coffee. might not be the cheapest

I have the Starbucks Barista Solo. My wife doesn't drink coffee so I just need to make one cup at a time and like that it brews directly into a travel mug. It does have its issues though.....

-If you use the supplied metal filter you need a coarse grind or else you'll have grounds in your cup. Solution = use paper filters

-On occasion it will just drip onto the floor, for some more often than others. This seems to be a design flaw and I've read many theories/solutions. One is to remove the spring loaded stopper on the filter basket. Another is to enlarge the breather holes on the mug lid. Has only happened to me a couple times so I haven't resorted to trying to remedy it yet.

-There are many cases of the machine overheating, failing to work, and even catching fire. I have not experienced this as of yet. It seems it may be consistent with multiple consecutive uses or not starting with cold water.

Wow, hardly seems worth it does it? Not a lot of choices for a single cup machine with timer though.

I have the Starbucks Barista Solo. My wife doesn't drink coffee so I just need to make one cup at a time and like that it brews directly into a travel mug. It does have its issues though.....

-If you use the supplied metal filter you need a coarse grind or else you'll have grounds in your cup. Solution = use paper filters

-On occasion it will just drip onto the floor, for some more often than others. This seems to be a design flaw and I've read many theories/solutions. One is to remove the spring loaded stopper on the filter basket. Another is to enlarge the breather holes on the mug lid. Has only happened to me a couple times so I haven't resorted to trying to remedy it yet.

-There are many cases of the machine overheating, failing to work, and even catching fire. I have not experienced this as of yet. It seems it may be consistent with multiple consecutive uses or not starting with cold water.

Wow, hardly seems worth it does it? Not a lot of choices for a single cup machine with timer though.

Damn man. making coffee risky! I'm not into the single cup machines. I don't measure my coffee in cups...

The coffee maker isnt as much of importance as the beans.

Supposedly the best coffee comes from espresso machines, and if you arent a fan of espresso you simply add hot water to taste, this will get you the most flavour from your beans and a damn good cup of "americano" coffee.

I would recommend you get a coffee roaster as well and by some good green beans, the roasters can be had for fairly cheap ~$100 and the green beans dont go stale like roasted ones do, its also surprisingly very easy to do and you can get the exact darkness level you prefer.

My .02

The coffee maker isnt as much of importance as the beans.

Supposedly the best coffee comes from espresso machines, and if you arent a fan of espresso you simply add hot water to taste, this will get you the most flavour from your beans and a damn good cup of "americano" coffee.

I would recommend you get a coffee roaster as well and by some good green beans, the roasters can be had for fairly cheap ~$100 and the green beans dont go stale like roasted ones do, its also surprisingly very easy to do and you can get the exact darkness level you prefer.

My .02

Sorry mang, but the maker is just as important. That's like saying,..... The way you distill Alcohol is not as important as the quality of the ingredients. Sure there's different ways to go about it, but in the end only certain ways produce the BEST QUALITY. They BOTH make a HUGE difference.

I totally agree with you on the beans though. I don't think that I'd go as far as to start roasting them myself, but My hats off to those that do. :D

:munch:

Yo-

Just cracked the french press. Been making the nectar like that for years and figure maybe I'd switch to the machine.

Tell me what's good!

THanks brethren

:icon_cool

My wife and I have been rocking this one (wedding present from our good friends):

http://www.cuisinartwebstore.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=COFFEECOFFEE&T1=CUI+DGB%2D600BC

It's been so good to us, that even two of our friends (including the one that purchased it for us) went out and bought their own.

http://www.roastmasters.com/store/graphics/00000001/mmaster225.jpg

http://www.roastmasters.com/moccamaster.html

just bought this on a high recommendation from the master coffee thread on nasioc

something something perfect 200 degree brewing temperature....

I bought the Presto Scandanavia on Nate's recommendation as well. $35 and perfect 200F temp too FTMFW.

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/8d/9d/Presto_Scandinavian_Design_Coffee_Maker-resized200.jpg

Anything but Mr. Coffee.... Surprisingly, Mr. Coffee can not make a cup of java to save his life.

+1

I bought 3 expensive ($50+) Mr. Coffee coffee makers in my life and every single one of them had major design flaws. One would leak water, another would leak coffee (would drip right down the spout and behind the caraffe), and the third one just simply made crappy coffee.

Krups is your best bet.

Right now I have a Delonghi that is pure awesome.

My wife and I have been rocking this one (wedding present from our good friends):

http://www.cuisinartwebstore.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=COFFEECOFFEE&T1=CUI+DGB%2D600BC

It's been so good to us, that even two of our friends (including the one that purchased it for us) went out and bought their own.

I'll second this one. We have it and love it. The only thing I hate is the cleaning out the grinder.

I have several -

$35 @ Costco Mr. Coffee - works well, and brews the coffee at 5:20am so I have time to grab a cup before I head out the door

~$30 french press which I use on the weekends when I have time

$170 Tassimo machine - makes decent coffee for a single-serving size, and only takes about 1 min. to heat the water; 2 minutes from on to a cup of coffee. One of the only single serving coffee "pod" machines to also do a real espresso/cappuccino/latte.

~$90 Delonghi Espresso machine - great basic espresso machine. Supposedly makes hotter water/steam and produces better espresso than the Krups models.

Keurig single serving machine at work - has the best variety of single-serving machines. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters owns them, but they are also committed to offering other brands. Home units start at ~$100-130.

Flavia single serving machine at work - just replaced with the much better Keurig system. Home units start about where the Keurig system is priced.

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

Archived