LegacyGT.com

Recommend me coffee maker

Tocsin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a recent convert to nespresso.com

They are pods, but the coffee is amazing. I was extremely skeptical, but due your dilligence. They hold their own taste wise with stuff like Gaggia, Juta Capresso, etc.

Does Nespresso do coffee as well as espresso? I though you could only do espresso products - straight, cappuccino, latte, etc. We have one of those at one of my other offices, but I haven't used it yet...

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

Can you buy beans, grind them yourself, and put them in your own pods?

You can with the Keuirg home systems!

I find the pods/k-cups/t-discs very convenient for a quick cup-a-joe. It's quick and makes a decent cup.

Also convenient so I don't have to drink my wife's "weak" brew, and she doesn't have to drink my motor oil. We both get what we want.

It's also good to keep a couple of other brewers around, for when you want that special blend...

(Green Mountain Coffee makes a GREAT seasonal "Island Coconut" coffee!)

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

You can with the Keuirg home systems!

I find the pods/k-cups/t-discs very convenient for a quick cup-a-joe. It's quick and makes a decent cup.

Also convenient so I don't have to drink my wife's "weak" brew, and she doesn't have to drink my motor oil. We both get what we want.

It's also good to keep a couple of other brewers around, for when you want that special blend...

(Green Mountain Coffee makes a GREAT seasonal "Island Coconut" coffee!)

Can you give more information? I checked their site and didn't see anything about it there. Is it a DIY type thing, or is there a 3rd party that offers the supplies?

Can you give more information? I checked their site and didn't see anything about it there. Is it a DIY type thing, or is there a 3rd party that offers the supplies?

On the Keurig site look under the Accessories Tab....it's called "My K-Cup" it retails for $14.95. Basically it replaces the pod and allows you to use your own grind.

http://www.keurig.com/accessories.asp?cat%5Fid=13&mscsid=9LM5RWBVQVTG9L366B4DKH704LGJE3F4

mykcup.gif.f53733bf052ee6c6c04a4a8a67da98e5.gif

- The Mortgage Man

FYI-

I was just at our local Costco, and they've recently gotten in the Keurig B50 system including a 90 K-cup sampler pack and the personal "My K-Cup" basket for $130

Sorry mang, but the maker is just as important. That's like saying,..... The way you distill Alcohol is not as important as the quality of the ingredients. Sure there's different ways to go about it, but in the end only certain ways produce the BEST QUALITY. They BOTH make a HUGE difference.

I totally agree with you on the beans though. I don't think that I'd go as far as to start roasting them myself, but My hats off to those that do. :D

To further explore teh topic of what's most import about making good espresso or coffee read http://www.cafebelmondo.com/default.aspx?page=brew

As you can see the most important "M" mentioned is the grinder. Although one can taste the difference with a good machine & maker, if the grind of the coffee is not right then nothing else will fall in place. If you use your alcohol analogy, it is like serving Single Malt Scotch over ice. You still have good alcohol but have ruined the flavors with the ice.

FWIW, I recently purchased the Rancilio Rocky & Silvia. Mmmm good!

696XLarge.jpg.304a73b1cf0e03244b2aed730fcdd4f5.jpg

If you want a coffee maker, by all means get the kind that brews into a thermal carafe. The ones that use a glass pitcher and heating plate cook the coffee and it's pretty bad after 20 minutes.

That being said, the ones made by Capresso are supposed to be very good.

If you want a coffee maker, by all means get the kind that brews into a thermal carafe. The ones that use a glass pitcher and heating plate cook the coffee and it's pretty bad after 20 minutes.

That being said, the ones made by Capresso are supposed to be very good.

Yup. I know Bunn doesn't recomend using it more than 30 minutes or the coffee is toast. I always preheat a thermos with boiling (or at least really hot if I don't have time) water for at least 5 minutes and as soon as the coffee is done poor it all in and it'll stay piping hot all day long. :)

To further explore teh topic of what's most import about making good espresso or coffee read http://www.cafebelmondo.com/default.aspx?page=brew

As you can see the most important "M" mentioned is the grinder. Although one can taste the difference with a good machine & maker, if the grind of the coffee is not right then nothing else will fall in place. If you use your alcohol analogy, it is like serving Single Malt Scotch over ice. You still have good alcohol but have ruined the flavors with the ice.

FWIW, I recently purchased the Rancilio Rocky & Silvia. Mmmm good!

Well put mang!! And thanks for the link, thats a informative page. :)

:munch:

Well put mang!! And thanks for the link, thats a informative page. :)

no prob...

I did way too much research, if there is such a thing, before buying my Rancillio couple. I also spent much time over at coffeegeeks.com You should see how some of those folks MOD their espresso machines.

Remember this too...

Friends don't let friends drink $tarbucks!

Everything I make, always tastes better then $tarbucks. I too like a good French Press coffee, Moka, & drip. My tool of the trade for drip coffee costs about $5 if you already have a thermos or pot.

Cheers,

Mike

5729coffeemakers_manual.jpg.3106b318c7a4d5ad6025eb6b748d0f74.jpg

no prob...

I did way too much research, if there is such a thing, before buying my Rancillio couple. I also spent much time over at coffeegeeks.com You should see how some of those folks MOD their espresso machines.

Remember this too...

Friends don't let friends drink $tarbucks!

Everything I make, always tastes better then $tarbucks. I too like a good French Press coffee, Moka, & drip. My tool of the trade for drip coffee costs about $5 if you already have a thermos or pot.

Cheers,

Mike

:whore:

Yeah totally. I always school my friends when it comes to starbucks. But in the end sometimes it doesn't matter, because they are going to drink whatever is "Handed" to them :rolleyes:

:munch:

Archived