LegacyGT.com

Tri-State local tavern (our own longest thread)

godwhomismike

I could eat a tempura'd shoe...tempura is sooo good.

:lol: :lol: I love it too

The place I go is great sushi. Current favorite is Shrimp Tempura handroll. I also consume enough eel sushi to put eel on the endangered list :lol:

I'm right there with ya Mike. I love the tempura roll & the eel.

That's funny b/c I just talked to my friend & he wants to go for sushi tonight so we're gettin a crew together to go do some damage.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone here been to Fat Cat Billiards or Smalls Jazz Club?

Smalls kicks ass!!! They get some really good acts there. A Tribe Called Quest, Mobb Deep, The Roots. (just to name a few)

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Taco Bell rats are stars for a day

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A pack of a dozen or more rats scurrying around a closed KFC/Taco Bell restaurant in New York City's Greenwich Village early Friday morning prompted shrieks from onlookers and fodder for the morning television talk shows, which aired video of the infestation.

The restaurant, on 6th Avenue near New York University, had been cited as recently as December for a number of health code violations, including evidence of rodents and live cockroaches.

KFC and Taco Bell is owned by Yum Brands (Charts) - a publicly held corporation based in Louisville, Ky. The two restaurants often operate in the same retail space.

The company said in a written statement that the restaurant was inspected as recently as Thursday and tried to address the problem by doing construction in the basement. Ironically, it said that work may have temporarily worsened the infestation problem.

"This is completely unacceptable and is an absolute violation of our high standards," the company statement says. "We've talked with the franchisee, who is actively addressing this issue, as is evident by the preventative construction in the basement yesterday that temporarily escalated the situation.

"This store will remain closed until this issue is completely resolved. The health department inspected the restaurant yesterday and we will ask them to return when work is complete to give the restaurant a clean bill of health"

Most Taco Bell restaurants are owned by franchisees.

Public records indicate that the last listed owner on record for this franchise is Matthew Bernardo of Madison, Conn. Calls to Bernardo were not returned.

Although it passed its health inspections, the restaurant was cited for evidence of rodents several times in the past three years, among other violations. In its most recent inspection, the restaurant scored a 10 on the city Department of Health's inspection meter. A score of 28 or more indicates that the restaurant poses a public health hazard.

The restaurant's scores have improved from a 16 in 2004 and a 14 in March of 2006.

Still, the Department of Health has cited the restaurant for evidence of rodents and live rodents and insects in each of the past three years. Spokeswoman Sara Markt said if there is an "imminent risk to health" - a "critical violation that can't be corrected" - closure could be a possibility.

The Taco Bell chain suffered an enormous public relations setback last fall when dozens of people were sickened by E. coli bacteria, which the Center for Disease Control and Prevention traced back to the chain's supplier of lettuce.

The outbreak prompted the closure of many Taco Bell restaurants throughout the Northeast.

hmmm good taste in music coxxy. I :wub: Mobb Deep.

:icon_wink Mobb Deep is awesome! I'm not a big fan of the new stuff from them though.

I went to high school with Havoc from Mobb Deep. He never graduated, but he sat a few seats from me in some classes.

This was back in 91-92.

X

that's why I like em. Around the same age as me. From Queens. Nas is a big favorite of mine too. Tribe called quest is prob my all-time favorite though.

hahahahahahaha it was probably some top dollar private school. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's like Mos Def. He'd have you believe he came up outta nowhere. Truth is his mom got him into acting & stuff when he was a kid. She's also his manager. I have a friend who's an a/v tech & a studio engineer. He did some albums for some minor people like flip-mode & stuff. He met Bustah. He met Mobb Deep in the studio. He said they're cool. He also said he refuses to do hip-hop albums anymore b/c they bring like 25 people with them & all these people wanna put their 2 cents in. Now he does some TV broadcasts & conventions for companies. He does NYU graduation. Stuff like that.

QB represent.

says the girl from north-west westchester :lol: :lol:

hahahahahahaha it was probably some top dollar private school. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man I wish! That way I could have munched off from some rich kid's lunch!

Public school, but more specialized. HS of Art and Design to be more precise.

X

---

that's like Mos Def. He'd have you believe he came up outta nowhere. Truth is his mom got him into acting & stuff when he was a kid. She's also his manager. I have a friend who's an a/v tech & a studio engineer. He did some albums for some minor people like flip-mode & stuff. He met Bustah. He met Mobb Deep in the studio. He said they're cool. He also said he refuses to do hip-hop albums anymore b/c they bring like 25 people with them & all these people wanna put their 2 cents in. Now he does some TV broadcasts & conventions for companies. He does NYU graduation. Stuff like that.

Yeah it is crazy. I did a little work for a wannabe sound studio. Man, half of the times was just spent on them smokin' the reefer, and the other half rolling up the next blunt! Wonder how they ever got anything done!

I like mos def.

X

---

Yeah it is crazy. I did a little work for a wannabe sound studio. Man, half of the times was just spent on them smokin' the reefer, and the other half rolling up the next blunt! Wonder how they ever got anything done!

I like mos def.

X

What studio? PM me if you don't wanna post. I bet you worked with my boy.

I used to go to the studio on fridays after work (when I used to work downtown every day). I'd meet my boy, sit behind the board with him, & blaze away. :lol: :lol:

I like mos def too. & blackstar & ref eternal. I'm just sayin alot of these guys aint as ghetto as they'd like you to believe.

Now Biggie,. that's a different story. A guy I work with lives in bed-stuy. He says the biggie smalls story is exactly like you hear it. He was a total dealer hangin out on the street & stuff. He told me they really would go check him out b/c he was sick!!

I'm from south queens originally so when I hear q-tip goin "linden blvd represent represent" or "farmers blvd" I dig it. I'm not sayin I'm from Jamaica, but I'm from the next neighborhood over.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you know because it's all gangster near Brewster and Danbury :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: of course it is. Just ask Subiecity teh hard core king of mt kisco :lol: :lol:

Val, we're just givin you shit. :icon_wink

Mike, that would be like you sayin you're from stapleton or st george :lol:

Oh yeah, south ozone park! *PO PO PO* :)

I had a really good friend that moved to Florida that lived down by there. I use to hang out with him all the time.

The studio was just starting, and it was based out of Brooklyn. I only went twice to do some computer work, but it was crazy! I really don't think they ever did anything productive.

I grew up in Elmhurst and Corona, so it was a different atmosphere. Then lived in Forest Hills while going to the city for HS, totally different atmosphere.

We all used to party hard back in the days. We lived in all sorts of places out in the city from Thursday to Sunday!

Those were the days!

You can't compare Biggie with any other big time rapper. He did not bring the game, he invented the game! I was in college up in Buffalo when Biggie blew up the scene, but man, to listen to his new sh*t for the first time was crazy!

It'll be a while until another HipHop/rap revolution comes around.

X

---

Oh yeah, south ozone park! *PO PO PO* :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: no south ozone for me

I grew up on the richmond hill/ozone park border till my early teens. Cmon man, I'm italian & irish. I aint ghetto :lol: :lol:

Archived