LegacyGT.com

Tri-State local tavern (our own longest thread)

godwhomismike

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I appreciate all your concerns but I know how to manage my money...

I have a job, I have money coming in everyday. Why is it that if I were older it would be okay for me to spend money on something like wheels?

It's not to do with age but I'll go out on a limb & say if you were older you'd most likely have already saved up for the important stuff before spending on luxuries, that's all. I'd give the same advice to someone 28 years old. I dunno, I'm also cheap so don't go by me :lol:

I

Coxx you soud like my wife:lol: Literally. I had this discussion about wheels and a vacation last week.

:lol: :lol: I'd say vacation > wheels IMO. I got my wheels cheap from our really nice pal PGT though.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I appreciate all your concerns but I know how to manage my money...

I have a job, I have money coming in everyday. Why is it that if I were older it would be okay for me to spend money on something like wheels?

+1...It's your money. Spend it how you want. :)

I agree with coxx - save the money instead of dropping it down on wheels. IF anything, new tires. :)

New tires? :lol: I don't have the re92s.

Anyway...I'm going on vacation in June but I'm just going to my house in another country so I won't have any expenses. Coxx, I really do appreciate your concern. You probably do know better than me, and are probably right about saving my money.

Maybe I'll just paint my stockers black...who knows?

Guest JessterCPA
such as you? :icon_wink:lol:

Nah, I gotta agree with Jesse here Val. I didn't wanna get on your case like I'm your parents or something but there's smarter things to do with the $$

I'm not a Certified Financial Planner, so that's not my thing. BUt I do see how people with un-managed money can squander it away, and with a little planning, they can be at a tremendous advantage.

Val, let me know if you would like some help finding an advisor. I have some very good people I speak with.

It would be even more important if you were older. In finance, time is everything. The younger you are, the more power you have to shape your financial future.

I used to have a lot of money in the bank, then I got married. :lol:

Jesse

To be young and naive! The things I would do different! :rolleyes::icon_frow

Listen to these guys. Maybe put it on a CD for 6 months, and after that decide if you really want new wheels?

The stockers are not that bad looking.

Vacation in my book always comes first. Nothing like decompressing.

If you get brand new expensive wheels, you'll cringe on your first curb rash. After the second or third, you just don't give a f*ck about them anymore.

X

---

I don't have any expenses right now..and probably won't until I get out of college (loans). Ya know what? In spite I think I'll get the Grids. :lol:

Hey, at least I'm not like Subiecity spending 6k on my 2.5i...especially on useless things like a radiator plate.

You guys are killing me...

yup yup! I have gone through many set of wheels on different cars, and it never fails!

Look into ebay as well, or over on NASIOC FS thread.

Sorry to suggest not to spend your money, but Ig uess what we are all trying to say is spend it wisely! We are not older for no reason!

Now to check my bank account and see if I got a big deposit as well...mine is going to a big shinny rock that is being demmanded out of me! :)

X

---

Your call Val. I'm just sayin I have a whole buncha friends that bought silly things like gold chains, rolex's, cars they couldn't afford. All b/c they had a little extra cash 10 years ago. Now we're all 30 & these same guys have since sold the jewelry & watches & cars for significant losses just to pay other bills. They also still live at home with mom & dad b/c they got no money to move out.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

You win Coxx.

:lol: it aint win/lose. Like the others said, it's your $$. You can do whatever you want with it. :icon_wink

Guest subiecity
I don't have any expenses right now..and probably won't until I get out of college (loans). Ya know what? In spite I think I'll get the Grids. :lol:

Hey, at least I'm not like Subiecity spending 6k on my 2.5i...especially on useless things like a radiator plate.

You guys are killing me...

i only spend it because, belive me or not i work monday to saturday 8-4, ive been doing a trade every summer with the same company since i was 13 yrs old, i started as an aprentice, when i graduated hischool, i had a choice, either go to college or continue my trade work, i chose to do trade work and have been full time now for over 3 years, again with the original company i started with over 8 years ago, im now 21 yrs old, i own my own work van, not to mention my subie and civic, i have my own helper who is doubl my age and i have a fairly high status in my company,

my apologies guys i dont want to sound like im bragging but i got my nose to the grindstone fairly early, and have been at it ever since, so i am making pretty decent money, and it is the highest paying trade out there, becuase simply by far it is the most complex to understand, i am a plumbing engineer:)

Guest subiecity
:lol: it aint win/lose. Like the others said, it's your $$. You can do whatever you want with it. :icon_wink

+1 u only live once, all the years i busted my ass getting dirty and hurt, if i die and didnt spend a lil of it...THEN WTF

i only spend it because, belive me or not i work monday to saturday 8-4, ive been doing a trade every summer with the same company since i was 13 yrs old, i started as an aprentice, when i graduated hischool, i had a choice, either go to college or continue my trade work, i chose to do trade work and have been full time now for over 3 years, again with the original company i started with over 8 years ago, im now 21 yrs old, i own my own work van, not to mention my subie and civic, i have my own helper who is doubl my age and i have a fairly high status in my company,

my apologies guys i dont want to sound like im bragging but i got my nose to the grindstone fairly early, and have been at it ever since, so i am making pretty decent money, and it is the highest paying trade out there, becuase simply by far it is the most complex to understand, i am a plumbing engineer:)

that aint braggin, that's respectable :) I did the same thing. I went to work straight outta HS. I bounced around a few jobs till I ended up at my job now when I was 21. I got a good 3 year head start on people & I worked my way up the ladder. Nothing wrong with that. College aint for everyone. I know alot of people who didn't go to college & did other go-nowhere jobs. I also know alot of people who went to college & thought they were "entitled" to high paying jobs right out the gate. It's all about what works for you.

Guest subiecity
that aint braggin, that's respectable :) I did the same thing. I went to work straight outta HS. I bounced around a few jobs till I ended up at my job now when I was 21. I got a good 3 year head start on people & I worked my way up the ladder. Nothing wrong with that. College aint for everyone. I know alot of people who didn't go to college & did other go-nowhere jobs. I also know alot of people who went to college & thought they were "entitled" to high paying jobs right out the gate. It's all about what works for you.

yea while writing this i cant belive ive been with the same company for over 8 years...dammn, so again not to brag but 6k on a car isnt crazy money for me, but im certainly not stupid with my money, otherwsie id own a porsch or sumthing, but thats down the road, my nxt project is searching for a cheap house in the area, i dont want to move out, i want to rent it out...make more money :)

yea while writing this i cant belive ive been with the same company for over 8 years...dammn, so again not to brag but 6k on a car isnt crazy money for me, but im certainly not stupid with my money, otherwsie id own a porsch or sumthing, but thats down the road, my nxt project is searching for a cheap house in the area, i dont want to move out, i want to rent it out...make more money :)

that's a good idea. It's good to do stuff like that when you're younger too.

Guest subiecity
for sure i dont wanna be working when im in my 30's n 40's im tryna set myself up n all i want to enjoy my older years, not bust my ass

Archived