LegacyGT.com

Accessport for 07 update

mand3j

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All it would really take to make the SI-Drive knob to work as a map switcher is to rewire it, so long as the functionality were built into the AP reflash. However, it would be even cooler for me to be able to watch some realtime gauging from the nav screen (on equipped models).

• 3 weeks later...

Well...what if Cobb forgoes the 07 GTs and goes on to work on the 08s ? How cool would that be :-) The car that never went faster - the 07 GTs...

In all honesty...you are not gonna switch maps with that SI-Drive button. At most, the usage will stay the same...control the throttle map.

Well...what if Cobb forgoes the 07 GTs and goes on to work on the 08s ? How cool would that be :-) The car that never went faster - the 07 GTs...

In all honesty...you are not gonna switch maps with that SI-Drive button. At most, the usage will stay the same...control the throttle map.

Hasn't Cobb said from the beginning that they were trying to incorporate the SI-Drive? Do you work for Cobb?

BTW, if we don't get the AP like you say, we can still flash via other options out there and you will still NEVER get the fold down rear seats! HAHA!! :icon_mrgr

why are you trying to pick a fight with the 07 owners, grow up.

actually, you can't flash with other methods.

there is NO reflash by anyone for the 07s yet.

Hasn't Cobb said from the beginning that they were trying to incorporate the SI-Drive? Do you work for Cobb?

SI-Drive is a LOT simpler then you think it is.

it switches between three throttle maps, and activates sportshift on the 5EATs.

BTW, if we don't get the AP like you say, we can still flash via other options out there and you will still NEVER get the fold down rear seats! HAHA!! :icon_mrgr

actually, you can't flash with other methods.

there is NO reflash by anyone for the 07s yet.

SI-Drive is a LOT simpler then you think it is.

it switches between three throttle maps, and activates sportshift on the 5EATs.

What about the OpenECU I've been hearing a little about? It may not be as good as the AP from the start but it is free (after you have the cable) and you can edit your own maps. And other flashes are coming. Sorry the '07s aren't 3 years old now and the aftermarket community hasn't had time to develop stuff for the new technology yet.

I understand that SI-Drive is simple and it only changes throttle response and limits boost in I mode. On the 5MT, I personally think it sucks and doesn't do a whole lot. I believe Cobb said that SI-Drive may be disabled but the infamous knob could be used to switch maps without dicking with the AP. That is cool and I would be happy as a pig in sh*t if that is all that happens.

I don't understand why some of you guys are so down on the '07s. It is more car in my opinion. No cat in the uppipe to replace, fold down rear seats, mp3 player stock, and oh yeah, the SI-Drive that is going on every turboed Subaru from here on out. I made that last part up but it may be true...:icon_bigg

the 07 imo, is a great vehicle. however, i wouldn't say the SI drive is that great. sport sharp is basicly what our sport mode is for 05. i do, however, feel that rear fold down seats, catless uppipe, and larger wastegate in the turbo are better. ;) i would love to have the 07 spec B as I want a 6MT badly. however, for my daily driving, i admit it's nice to not deal w/ the shifting and clutch in the city (mostly what i do). but you never know... :) i'm interested to see what happens for 08 spec b. we'd better be getting one!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i need my old ap un-married so i can sell it :( (cant get to the car anymore to do this)

I thought I saw in another thread that Cobb could help you out with this, as long as you could prove your original car is toast. Not sure if there'd be a fee associated with that service, but you might want to call them.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

What about the OpenECU I've been hearing a little about? It may not be as good as the AP from the start but it is free (after you have the cable) and you can edit your own maps. And other flashes are coming. Sorry the '07s aren't 3 years old now and the aftermarket community hasn't had time to develop stuff for the new technology yet.

I understand that SI-Drive is simple and it only changes throttle response and limits boost in I mode. On the 5MT, I personally think it sucks and doesn't do a whole lot. I believe Cobb said that SI-Drive may be disabled but the infamous knob could be used to switch maps without dicking with the AP. That is cool and I would be happy as a pig in sh*t if that is all that happens.

I don't understand why some of you guys are so down on the '07s. It is more car in my opinion. No cat in the uppipe to replace, fold down rear seats, mp3 player stock, and oh yeah, the SI-Drive that is going on every turboed Subaru from here on out. I made that last part up but it may be true...:icon_bigg

what about it? colby hasn't done anything with ecuflash since the summer, and the next flash kernel he is/was working on was for H8/500 support, not CAN bus flashing.

(and I was one of the first, if not the first person to flash a USDM LGT with ecuflash. You kids today with your checksum fix checkboxes... back in my day, you had to fix the checksum by hand! with a hex editor! uphill both ways! :lol:)

It is a GREAT car and I want an 07 Spec B like nothing else.

But the reason some of us with 05s talk in your thread is because you guys think so highly of the SI drive button. At least this is my reason. It is a nice little gimmick. Which will change the throttle position angle. But that is it. It cannot switch maps. What you guys want it to do is dependent on the ECU having memory for 3 real time maps. Which so far, my understanding is that is has room for 3 TPS maps. Which is a different business. Switching maps thru that little button would mean either the ECU is way smarter and has more memory or you keep the AP plugged in the OBD-2 port...which denies any coolness of the SI-Drive button - even if you DO change maps flipping it...but as long as the AP is connected to the car...it is no different than what we (05,06) do already.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Cobb started looking at this v2 for the AP before these new SI-Drive buttons came out. From what I understand, Cobb is putting out 2 APv2 models ... the ones for the 2L engines and the ones for the 2.5L engine. Perhaps he wanted to avoid making year specific and car specific APs (just like it was the case with v1 for Baja, Forester, Impreza, Legacy, STi for all these years 2002-2006). Are the other Subarus getting the SI-Drive button ? Is the new Impreza getting it ? Or the Forester ? Probably it makes less sense to work into the APv2 a feature found on just one of the models (Legacy)...and between this and making an APv2 good for ALL 2.5L engines but lose specific functionalities that could be implemented...I am sure Cobb is gonna choose the later.

By the way...do you know how long it took between v.1.15 and v.1.16 maps for the 05 GTs to be developed ? Almost a year.

No...from what I hear, the OPEN ECU deal is not gonna work on the 07 GTs. Not for now. And the way it limits the boost ...is not thru an actual real time map but thru the TPS maps: basically stepping on the throttle all the way to the floor will only open your throttle 40% 50% whatever that is...which translates into...lower boost. It does not control boost the way a real time map would. At least that is MY understanding which may be flawed.

Good luck and I really hope Cobb will issue the AP sooner. We all want to see what mad power the Spec Bs can have...

Even I am thinking sometimes that I should trade it in.

I agree with turntable

People really need to stop getting hung up on pros/cons of the SI drive. It's there, its a gimmick, it does stuff, but it doesnt make an earth shattering difference in the driving experience of the car. It has some utility but not having it does not make the car worse. I use it but if i didn't have it, i dont think i'd be depressed and cry myself to sleep every night for lack of SI Drive.

TO THOSE PPL HUNG UP ON DEBATING THE PROS/CONS of SI drive WHEN IT COMES TO 07 ACCESSPORT TUNING, PLEASE STOP!!! it's a waste of space on this thread and mostly irrelevant to the topic at hand. we all just want more power.

Ed

I agree with turntable

People really need to stop getting hung up on pros/cons of the SI drive. It's there, its a gimmick, it does stuff, but it doesnt make an earth shattering difference in the driving experience of the car. It has some utility but not having it does not make the car worse. I use it but if i didn't have it, i dont think i'd be depressed and cry myself to sleep every night for lack of SI Drive.

TO THOSE PPL HUNG UP ON DEBATING THE PROS/CONS of SI drive WHEN IT COMES TO 07 ACCESSPORT TUNING, PLEASE STOP!!! it's a waste of space on this thread and mostly irrelevant to the topic at hand. we all just want more power.

Ed

^ Thanks, Ed. :)

Archived