LegacyGT.com

Accessport for 07 update

mand3j

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hate when ppl veer wildly offtopic with irrelevant debates, i tend to smack ppl like that in a real life conversation. SI Drive and 07 accessport ETA are two separate issues that are only marginally related.

Ed

I just hate when ppl veer wildly offtopic with irrelevant debates, i tend to smack ppl like that in a real life conversation. SI Drive and 07 accessport ETA are two separate issues that are only marginally related.

Ed

what do you mean they are only marginally related? I thought that is the whole issue with the 07's not having an AP?!

And how is this thread "veering wildly offtopic with irrelevant debates"? Did you notice the title?

I don't see how it is off topic. They are related. We would like to know how the accessport for the 07's will react with the si drive. Yes you can't switch mapping, but will it still be able to change the throttle control and shift program for the 5eats? I feel they are legit questions.

what do you mean they are only marginally related? I thought that is the whole issue with the 07's not having an AP?!

Fine then explain to me the original post

The 07 Legacy models require a completely different hardware design to interface with the vehicle (CAN). This new hardware is in the testing phase, but not at a point where we're pulled the trigger for full scale production.

Due to lead time from electronics suppliers, I would think even end of 1st quarter would be a push. Most realistic will be sometime in the 2nd quarter.

Had the 07 Legacy used the same communication standard as 05-06, this delay would not exist. There are no extra difficulties in reprogramming the ECU due to the SI-Drive. It in itself it relatively simplistic in operation. The delay is simply due to Subaru moving to CAN on just that car for this year.

Please read the stuff in bold, am i misunderstanding the content of the first post of this thread?

If I am incorrect, please correct me. And im looking at the title of the thread:

'Accessport for 07 update'

i apoligize, i didn;t realize that mean 'SI drive - discuss pros and cons'

Fine then explain to me the original post

Please read the stuff in bold, am i misunderstanding the content of the first post of this thread?

If I am incorrect, please correct me. And im looking at the title of the thread:

'Accessport for 07 update'

i apoligize, i didn;t realize that mean 'SI drive - discuss pros and cons'

I believe that Cobb is still working on integrating the AP w/ SI Drive - somehow. I sure as hell don't know how that is going to pan out and neither does anyone else at this point, possibly even Cobb.

I'm not discussing the pros and cons of SI Drive, I could care less. I'm not defending it and I'm not trashing it really. It is just "there" for me. I couldn't care one way or the other - I JUST WANT TO GO TO STAGE 2!!

I still think that discussing how the AP is or isn't going to integrate with SI Drive is on topic in this thread. SI Drive = '07 = AP for '07

Ed

while i agree with u, there is no need to be dramatic. its just the internats. anyways, seeing as i, too, am aiming for an 07 model at some point, i shall be watching this thread closely as well :)

Well...what if Cobb forgoes the 07 GTs and goes on to work on the 08s ? How cool would that be :-) The car that never went faster - the 07 GTs...

In all honesty...you are not gonna switch maps with that SI-Drive button. At most, the usage will stay the same...control the throttle map.

1) Subscribe

2) I don't see why you couldn't have the Si-Drive button change maps. Hell, I had an ECUTek dual map reflash in my WRX and you changed maps by going WOT on the throttle and then pressing the defroster button. If that can change a map, I can't see any problems with using the input that the Si-Drive button creates. Then again, I'm not an automotive nor electrial engineer.

3) It'll likely be mid-May before we see AP for the 07 models. My understanding is that CAN is a new standard that will be across the board. Already Audi is completely CAN on their cars, so tuners of all sort will be needing to convert over to the CAN interface. It's never as quick as we (the end users) would like when this kind of change in standards happens, but once the changeover is made, CAN will likely be the standard for a good 5+ years. Then again, with the rate of technology change, it could be shorter! :lol:

4) Personally, I'd love to see the Si-Drive retain it's functionality with AP. Given the choice, I'd have the I map basically unchanged - maybe tuned for efficiency, but still conservative in the boost, the timing and the shift points. The S map would be my performance map for standard pump gas, and the S# would be my 100 octane map. I really don't need the increased throttle sensitivity, as it just messses with my feel, especially when it comes to heel-toe downshifting. Hard to blip the throttle the right amount when the same amount of depression/force on the pedal gives you two different results. But that's just my opinion there... We'll have to see if my wishes get fulfilled in a couple of months!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1) Subscribe

2) I don't see why you couldn't have the Si-Drive button change maps. Hell, I had an ECUTek dual map reflash in my WRX and you changed maps by going WOT on the throttle and then pressing the defroster button. If that can change a map, I can't see any problems with using the input that the Si-Drive button creates. Then again, I'm not an automotive nor electrial engineer.

well that has me convinced that multiple map storage is possible.

Ed

first off, the ecutek dual map thing was only changing 2 maps; target boost and base ignition timing.

it worked by fooling the ECU into thinking the car was either a manual or auto, because they have/had seperate mapping in the 16bit ecus.

they used the switch to change which set they looked at.

and that wasn't in the ram, like a realtime map is.

I don't think having SI drive vs. not having it means anything in regards to that.

a non-SI drive LGT could just as easily have map switching on the fly, using button combos instead of a dedicated switch.

People really have to think about how having the SI drive knob would help out by switching maps... there are no good reasons.

What don't you understand? Maybe I'm not understanding your statement above. For me, rather than dicking around with the AP to change maps, I would want to turn the little SI-Drive button to right to get max POWA!! This would all hopefully be done on the fly.

I understand the AP will probably still have to be plugged in but it could be hidden under the dash or something.

Having the AP fully integrated into the car while still looking stock is a good enough reason for me.

and we're saying that isn't gonna happen, what don't you understand about that?

So let me see...the UTEC can make a map switcher, ECUTek can make button combos to switch maps, etc. And why exactly don't you think it's gonna happen? It may not happen but I guess you are just WAY smarter than me or you work for Cobb because I'm not getting why you think it is so impossible. Challenging? Different? Sure. But not impossible. I think you are just jealous 'cause you don't have a knob to play with.

if you don't understand the difference between UTEC, and a reflash and the actual mechanics of how ECUTek "switched" maps, then its not worth my time arguing with you.

so I will say it once more:

SI Drive gives NO additional map switching functionality compared to a non-SI drive LGT.

if you don't understand the difference between UTEC, and a reflash and the actual mechanics of how ECUTek "switched" maps, then its not worth my time arguing with you.

so I will say it once more:

SI Drive gives NO additional map switching functionality compared to a non-SI drive LGT.

Ok then, go back to your tower.

I'm not arguing the fact if they are going to make the SI drive knob able to change maps or not... perhaps they will, but its not a big deal either way.

Ecutek map switching is essential because there is no user interface like the accessport or utec.

Utec has a map switch because not everyone wants to spend $900 on EM and then more money on a laptop to switch maps.

How often is someone going to be switching maps that they would NEED to have SI drive map switching? There is only 1 reason I can think of and its silly.

"you are sitting at a stop light and some pile of rice pulls up next to you are revs his engine. You think to yourself, I'm going to blow the doors off of this guy. You reach for the SI drive knob and go from 300hp map to 325hp map."

Ok, so what’s wrong with that?

#1 our cars are not traction limited

#2 you might as well use N2O

#3 If I paid for 325 hp then why not have it that way all the time and use my right foot as the final say in how much power gets put down.

Also, I don't want the SI drive to function as a map switcher due to the fact that it makes it too easy to change maps. It can get bumped, a valet could mess with it or anyone else for that matter.

I just don't see what the big deal is when you can use the accessport display to make map selection for real reasons such as race fuel.

I am so sick of this SI drive know it all from everyone. If you want an update and have an 07, OK, if you don't start your own thread on how its not a big deal. I want an update, not everyone being a know it all.

We'll see what happens when or if the AP comes out.

Who needs tickets to the gun show?:eek:

I am so sick of this SI drive know it all from everyone. If you want an update and have an 07, OK, if you don't start your own thread on how its not a big deal. I want an update, not everyone being a know it all.

We'll see what happens when or if the AP comes out.

Amen, '07 brother! I don't care either way but it ticks me off that suddenly there are so many "experts" on something that is pretty much brand new. Nobody knows yet how it is going to pan out. I agree with you, if you don't have any hard updates, don't express your opinion - it's probably wrong anyway.

so if I had an 07 legacy gt it would be ok for me to post in this thread?

Or if you have hard facts instead of just mindless bull spewing out of your mouth...

OPINIONS are not wanted in this particular thread. Hard facts are always welcomed.

Your post above was very informative. I disagree with you on your scenario of when you'd use the "knob". Usually more horseys mean more gas used so I don't think it's too far fetched to want to roll around with 300hp and when a "ricer" pulls up next to you, turn the knob and have another 25hp to seal the deal. That is pretty much exactly why I'd like to see the knob used.

And I've never accidently hit mine enough to change from I to S or S#. It's far enough out of the way you won't hit it unless 1. you want to, 2. you are power shifting and have recently Armor All-ed your stick, or 3. someone in the passenger seat is reaching/climbing over the center console (possibly for "good" reasons). I guess a valet could mess with it but I don't use valet so that is a non issue for me. Also, I love my LGT but a valet has had the opportunity to play with many more expensive-er cars than an LGT. I doubt he'd really care about a knob in a sub-$30,000 car.

Archived