LegacyGT.com

Accessport for 07 update

mand3j

Trey at Cobb replied to my request for updated info on the Accessport for 07 legacy gt. Here is his reply....

The 07 Legacy models require a completely different hardware design to interface with the vehicle (CAN). This new hardware is in the testing phase, but not at a point where we're pulled the trigger for full scale production.

Due to lead time from electronics suppliers, I would think even end of 1st quarter would be a push. Most realistic will be sometime in the 2nd quarter.

Had the 07 Legacy used the same communication standard as 05-06, this delay would not exist. There are no extra difficulties in reprogramming the ECU due to the SI-Drive. It in itself it relatively simplistic in operation. The delay is simply due to Subaru moving to CAN on just that car for this year.

Cheers,

Trey @ COBB

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting.

The wiring diagram seems to imply that the ISO9141-2 wire is still in the OBDII connector even though high speed CAN has been implemented. The 2007 STi guys have been able to use the tactrix cable to flash their ROMs using the ISO9141-2 wire. I was under the impression that they have CAN implemented as well.

It will definitely be cool to be able to do a high speed flash.

F%$K!!!!! I bet I will end up in September, if we are lucky. Only our car is this different. So the 07 STI doesent have this problem? What a bummer.

That's not quite what I said.

I said that the 2007 STi can be flashed with a TACTRIX cable which uses the ISO9141-2 wire in the OBDII connector.

I don't believe Cobb officially sells a AP 2.0 for 2007 STi.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=2225

The quote from Trey @ Cobb (top of the thread) said:

"There are no extra difficulties in reprogramming the ECU due to the SI-Drive. It in itself it relatively simplistic in operation. The delay is simply due to Subaru moving to CAN on just that car for this year."

So, it sound like it is mainly due to the new protocol in use.

And you are right, SWP-LegacyGT, my SpecB is my friend! :)

Yeah, but how sweet will it be when the '07 guys can switch maps using the SI-Drive knob? The wait will be worth it IMHO.

Not gonna happen. What the SI Drive does will not allow you to change a real-time map. I bet it will become non-functional if and when the 07-AP comes out.

Not gonna happen. What the SI Drive does will not allow you to change a real-time map. I bet it will become non-functional if and when the 07-AP comes out.

I have a feeling it will be functional, the guy who did that utec for tuning was still able to use his SI drive. I think it will be functional, not just they way people hope. Im sure it will keep its same function, especially since in sport sharp mode it helps the car hold gears, that woul dbe dumb for it to be non functional anymore.

Chris

From the comment from Cobb about SI Drive being very simple and some other threads around here, it doesn't look like changing modes does much other than change the throttle programming. That also means there probably won't be any real map switching like 2005garnetGT and Stealth1 suggested above. This info from when AVO and Rallitek were dynoing an '07 SpecB is interesting (found here - http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46379):

Intelligent mode has a definite slowing effect on the car. That is easy enough to tell by the seat of your pants, but it was nice to have confirmation. Maximum boost reached was 9 psi, well under the normal boost levels. Which explained why the power was well under max figures at 159 hp at the wheel. Next up was the normal Sport mode. Normal Sport mode was a surprise, as it also showed the best graph of all modes.

I had suspected this. When I attended the first Spec B briefing in Japan, buried in all the facts and figures was the graphs for the throttle response behavior of each mode. Intelligent mode was locked down to a maximum throttle opening of 40%, a large reason for the gas savings. Sports Sharp mode felt livelier because they increased the ramp-up rate of throttle response. What that means is that by the time the actual gas pedal has reached about 50-60%, the throttle is opened to 98%. However, it does not go beyond 98%! The only mode where it does is the normal Sports mode, which was shown on the dyno. Sports mode showed the highest figures, 214whp vs 208whp in Sports Sharp mode. It reached these figures at 15.8psi of boost, vs. 15.5psi in Sports Sharp.

I find it really odd that you can never have 100% throttle in S# mode. Maybe that's something that could be fixed with a new throttle map.

Archived