LegacyGT.com

Finally...power mods...

Opie

I know you guys aren't going to believe it...

but I've finally spent some money adding power (opposed to suspension or braking) to the car...

and even more surprising it isn't SPT parts.

That's all the hint you get so far....

:icon_evil

Hmmmmmmmmm..........

Something involving a tune perhaps????????

A tune should definitly be next...

So you've EcuTek'd?

That would be my first re-tune choice...but not yet :D

grounding kit??? :lol:

Uhhh...no :lol:

yes, for a long time now ;)

You are correct...the STi Up was my first mod I think...

I had been wanting another CBE ever since the SPT v.1 fiasco but had only seen a few that met my tastes...the SPT CBE v.2 and the Autospeed CBE. Both were IMHO overpriced...

Then last night I saw the Autospeed Legacy exhaust components were on "sale" from Autospeed, CBE for $649 a bargain in the Legacy exhaust world. I came very close to ordering it last night but decided to see what my workplace could do on pricing for either the Autospeed or the SPT, to my surprise they had a complete Autospeed TBE in stock....AND...

...they matched Autospeeds clearance price!

So now I have a very free-flowing exhaust...STi Catless Up-pipe and the Autospeed turbo-back exhaust. Awesome build quality and fit, doesn't touch the sway bars even with the lowered suspension and sounds great!

I'm not a big fan of the full polish from end-to-end (I'd rather have a less blingy un-polished or brushed exhaust with polished tips!) but it sounds and feels great!

Next step...a tune...

ECUtek or Cobb...

ECUtek Pros: A more customizable tune for the application, seamless intergration with the factory ECU.

Cobb Pros: Easy to return to stock, can remove the flash and sell at a later date.

We'll see which one I'll end up with...

hahahaha. You're going to have to let me hear it once I bring my car in for the 15k service. :)

That is after I get my GReddy SP2 modified and Crucial UP/Cobb DP installed.

That thing only has 15k? Geez....mine's almost at 45k! Drive that thing a little more!

How does the car feel now, even w/o the tune. My stage 2 parts are going in tommorow, I hope.

Also I have the chance to buy a used spt version one exhaust. I am trying to get new cans for it. Would you still not recommend it even for a great price.

Archived