LegacyGT.com

$400 ebay exhaust

biz77

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Restrained parts whore! :lol:

I mean, it's ok to buy parts for a car you are going to buy. But, it's just wrong to buy them for a car you aroing going to sell, right? :lol:

would you believe I have a JCW suspension kit and H-Sport sways sitting in the garage for the MINI and I haven't installed them yet? Been there since August. :eek:

I mean, it's ok to buy parts for a car you are going to buy. But, it's just wrong to buy them for a car you aroing going to sell, right? :lol:

would you believe I have a JCW suspension kit and H-Sport sways sitting in the garage for the MINI and I haven't installed them yet? Been there since August. :eek:

For some there is more pleasure in buying stuff than actually using it! :lol:

They have a very good feedback rating. It's probably not COBB quality but not total junk either.

I don't consider a 98.0% feedback rating on an overall score of 6700+ a particularly good rating. It suggests the eBayer has a consistent history of occasional unsatisfactory transactions. However, digging a little deeper it looks like this seller's feedback over the last year is much better than his overall average, around 99.5%, which suggests he's cleaned up his act.

I don't consider a 98.0% feedback rating on an overall score of 6700+ a particularly good rating. It suggests the eBayer has a consistent history of occasional unsatisfactory transactions. However, digging a little deeper it looks like this seller's feedback over the last year is much better than his overall average, around 99.5%, which suggests he's cleaned up his act.

You're a tough critic.

The way I see it, when you're dealing with general the public you'll always come across a few assholes now and then.

Some people are never satisfied no matter what you do. Others have good intentions but are hampered by their own stupidity; i.e., don't read or can't understand instructions, product descriptions, ect.

OMG, so true! My wife sold some silly craft thing on eBay (laser cuts whatever design you want out of paper). She'd gotten two at wholesale cost and didn't like it, so she gave the open one to her sister-in-law and auctioned the new one off (they are apparently hard to come by PS3 style).

She copied and pasted the description from the company's website - there happened to be a blurb about a 14 day return policy. The auction winner got it, opened it, read the instructions and couldn't figure out how to install the software for it and demanded a refund. :eek: I mean...who can't load software these days? Since she mistakenly left the refund blurb in, the guy insisted on a full refund, including shipping. She relented, but valued her feedback more than the $400 this stupid thing costs so she did.

The asshat gave her neutral feedback. :mad: come on! just because you are an idjit, don't take that out on the seller. :lol:

You're a tough critic.

The way I see it, when you're dealing with general the public you'll always come across a few assholes now and then.

Some people are never satisfied no matter what you do. Others have good intentions but are hampered by their own stupidity; i.e., don't read or can't understand instructions, product descriptions, ect.

Abso-friggin-lutely:) There are plenty of sellers on eBay with perfect or almost perfect feedback ratings based on 1000s of transactions. Why deal with a 98.0%er when you can deal with a 99.9%er? It also depends on their total feedback. If someone's at an 60 rating with 98.5% positive it means they had one bad transaction, which could be anything. If, like this seller, they're at 6000+ with a 98.0% rating it means they've gotten over 100 -FBs and that suggests a pattern of disappointment. However, as I pointed out this particular eBayer's recent feedback was around 99.5%, suggesting an improvement in his dealings. If I wanted this particular item I'd probably deal with him.

The asshat gave her neutral feedback. :mad: come on! just because you are an idjit, don't take that out on the seller. :lol:

Did she +FB him first? I NEVER give feedback as a seller until I've received feedback from the buyer. I know a lot of sellers FB first but if you do you lose any leverage in the deal. -FB for a seller is much more damaging than it is for a buyer.

I came across this yesterday, and am considering it.

I would DEFINITELY have a resonator, and a big one, welded into the midpipe line.

After my wife borrowed my car today, and I could hear it almost a half a mile away, I am thinking I need to do something in the near term to quiet my exhaust a bit, especially the drone at speed. it is borderline comical and nearly embarrassing simultaneously. It sounds mean. From far away.

and I do like those double-walled tips. Like Autospeed's.

I've seen and heard this catback in person. It looks decent. It is not quiet. The car's owner said it was way to loud, so he had a big resonator and a high flow cat welded in. With those adds it was reasonably civil. The thing is that by the time you buy a stainless steel bodied resonator and pay to have it welded it (about $125 to $150 total) you will be pretty dang close to the price of some other options.

$55 blow off valves, $175 front mount intercoolers...damn.
Yeah, OMG realistic market prices! *sigh* My ass was getting sore from bending over so much... And the parts are way inferior to OEM quality.. I think I could actually get somebody to custom machine me a better BOV for way less than the money of a mass produced GFB..

Archived