LegacyGT.com

$400 ebay exhaust

biz77

jim1969: i don't know if the Trust system is a CBE:icon_eek: i've seen them in a mag and the description/price makes me believe you got a pair of mufflers. are you going to use that with the stock mid/Y?

take a look at this site.

http://www.specialvehicle.co.uk/exhaust%20pages/exhausts.htm

all the exhausts are CBE. The silent force one looks like a legacy type setup. I'm fairly confident it's a CBE. I'll know for sure the end of Jan/early Feb.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be sure to post some pics and vids up when you get the trust exhaust jim1969 .... i've been eyeing that exhaust too and im interested in the fitment/sound level of it.......

guess we'll know soon when you get it!

• 2 weeks later...

So I just picked up this exhaust from cxracing on ebay. I'm guessing it is the X02. For a $400 catback, I'll try anything. Here are some pictures:

image0004.jpg.60a387c1106685918e5a33982c8fdae6.jpg

image0005.jpg.7e09df7dfffa5f92896fcbe70c5bf316.jpg

image0006.jpg.7102c53f21d10b36876189a5deac96f8.jpg

I'll probably bolt it up this weekend (Cold weather permitting) and get pictures, sound clips, before and after logs, opinions, etc...

Can you also check if the mid & Y-pipe will bolt up to OEM mufflers?

I believe this has already been verified, and they do fit, but doesn't hurt to check again. I have comtemplated contacting X02 about selling the mid/Y seperately, there is a large market for this and the Perrin piece is a rip-off, $400+ for some simple pipe.:icon_roll

Mid and Y do bolt to stock mufflers and vice versa. The left muffler is a little off center. Im gonna try to straighten mine this weekend. Ive read that most systems have this problem for some reason. I bought the ebay system and found it too loud on my N/A....Sold my mid an Y If you want either its easy to buy one part and sell the other. way cheaper than other axlebacks or cat backs

I believe this has already been verified, and they do fit, but doesn't hurt to check again. I have comtemplated contacting X02 about selling the mid/Y seperately, there is a large market for this and the Perrin piece is a rip-off, $400+ for some simple pipe.:icon_roll

Great, just want to re-verify as there was someone here who installed X02 mufflers on stock pipes. Yes, I agree that X02 should offer the mid-Y combo. I already have Prodrive mufflers.

• 2 weeks later...

So I bolted up just the cans of this exhaust today. Sooo cold out but couldn't wait any longer. I just bolted on the cans to see if they would fit with the stock Y-pipe. They did. Attached some pictures. I like the sound, not to loud but I still have the stock resonator.

When it gets warmer, I'll try to finish the rest. I see a couple problems with this for me though. First is I have the stock Mid Pipe so the pipe has the doughnut. This will push the whole thing back a quarter inch or more as someone stated earlier in this thread. The second problem for me is noise. It is as loud as I want it now with stock resonator (which probably isn't that loud but I'm pretty conservative.) I wonder how much louder it will get without it.

I'll get a sound clip soon.

image0001.jpg.af3d511520c3fb121c288a54a19370c1.jpg

image0002.jpg.ac42ff82116a226e5a6b48e75e0c81be.jpg

image0003.jpg.b639b57138b01d0f45bd52cab0af1136.jpg

It is as loud as I want it now with stock resonator (which probably isn't that loud but I'm pretty conservative.) I wonder how much louder it will get without it.

If the entire system ends up being too loud for you, will you be selling the mid & Y pipe? If so, dibs :)

I have aftermarket mufflers of a different design, and a stock mid-pipe without a resonator.

LOUD. Mean, but LOUD.

With the mid-pipe still out of the car, you could probably have an exhaust shop cut and weld in a resonator into the y-pipe.

Magnaflow has them, some people have mentioned using a borla race muffler as a resonator...

The mufflers look really good on there, though. Very nice. a bit more tuck would be great, but they look pretty darn good as is.

$400 CBE + ~$75 resonator + another $75 labor to weld = $550.

650 for Greddy SP2 + $75 to shorten the tips = $725

Borla is even more than 550, and isn't much of a performance gain, and then why bother, rather than just adding aftermarket tips to the stock mufflers, or aftermarket mufflers only.

Most other CBEs are much more expensive, or much louder, or BOTH.

did you see the specs on this page? http://www.trust-power.com/06new/e2006/061013_sfr.html

they have mufflers at 75000 yen. that's approximately the price you paid. i would double check with ravspec because i really can't imagine any decent quality JDM CBE would be that cheap.

got it today. it is an axle back not a CBE. :icon_mad:Not RavSpec's fault. TRUST makes one an axle back and another a CBE for the same exhaust name. It's hard to figure out which is which.

Archived