LegacyGT.com

Anyone curb their stock rims and their aftermakret rims?

eatgeegee

In a cruel twist of irony, I was going to a machine shop to pick up a set of wheels I had taken in to be worked on. I cut a corner a bit too sharpe and curbed my right rear. It made me feel ill. It was the first time I'd EVER curbed a wheel.

Someday, I'll replace it.

H2OSB

My wife on the other hand...

I was a car porter for 2 years while in high school. :icon_bigg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 1 month later...
Funny addition. My Subaru dealer offered a "Gold Package" that covered "Normal everyday wear and tear" IE: Curb rash, scratches up to 6", dings that fit in a 4"x4" square, leather tears on the interior, etc. They tried to sell it to me for $999, but I'm no pushover and got it for $499. Seems like a decent deal. It's a seperate company that they deal with, and they come to you to fix it. Anyone else have this or heard of it?
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Funny addition. My Subaru dealer offered a "Gold Package" that covered "Normal everyday wear and tear" IE: Curb rash, scratches up to 6", dings that fit in a 4"x4" square, leather tears on the interior, etc. They tried to sell it to me for $999, but I'm no pushover and got it for $499. Seems like a decent deal. It's a seperate company that they deal with, and they come to you to fix it. Anyone else have this or heard of it?

That was part of the "road hazard" clause on our extended warranty when we bought our minivan (Mazda MPV). A month later when I clipped a curb on a dark night, I took it back to the dealer and got a new rim and tire to replace the slightly dinged rim and the tire that had a 1" shallow gouge on the sidewall.

Had to twist their arm to do it though...hope they'll do it no questions asked when you come in for your first time.

EDIT: oh yeah, I like to use those little 1" spot mirrors. I have one mounted on each sideview mirror. Really helps parallel parking; which you do a lot in NYC. The last time I curbed a rim was maybe 5 years ago? It was on our old taurus

http://galeria.forocoches.com/data/500/36044Standard_Mirror.jpg

My dad curbed 3 of my aftermarket rims on my old OBS wagon. Didn't curb the stockers on my LGT, but I did hit a nasty pothole in the fog a few weeks ago and blew out my RE92 in 2 places and bent the rim.

And now I have a lovely set on Rota's on. It says a lot when buying tires and wheels for $1200 is a more logical option than spending $225 on a new stock tire.

Archived