LegacyGT.com

V6 Mustang owners are completely clueless.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1, your post, good.

But remember your audience, they probably went to the eric zoolander institute for kids that can't read good.

There is one, and only one mustang (current gen) that people will make me jealous. GT, nah, GT 500, nah,

The concept car AS SHOWN at the NAIAS. That car was the sexytime.

Everyone who drives a mustang now is amazing at how "retro" it looks, when in fact Ford has no clue how to bring true retro to the masses. At least when the classic mustangs were that big, they came with big power for the factory.

Man they are such tools..

"I would change my name to Jebediah and become Omish."

Omish? :lol: :lol:

I gotta agree with Prod, whats the ******* point of a mustang V6? Now if they offered some kind of super lightweight version maybe, but hell to the nahh..

What's the point? Let me begin: First, you have dealer-installed racing stripes installed. Then, window louvres. Next, you prowl the highways and pick on my humble Spec B (or any LGT for that matter). Finally, you give me the finger and back off when you realize that your flashy "sports car" whose logo is a horse that is running away is no match against 6 ninja stars!

What i dont understand is how ford can put that huge 4.0L V6 and not get 300 hp out of it. 210hp from 4 liters is the worst use of displacement i have ever seen. And BTW, that the same engine as the one in their freestar/monterey minivans. Next is that pickup truck solid rear suspension. no mustang can claim to be a well riding/handleing car with that in the back. They might as well use leaf springs. All the car has is its looks even that is subjective as with any car. so the last thing the mustang is, is a sports car.

Its funny how so many of the comments changed with those Crustang guys when the LGT owners were putting up timeslips. They were like, oh I respect the car. Any of the turbo subaru models especially stick would beat an 8cylinder, never mind the 6
Who needs tickets to the gun show?:eek:

It's like arguing with Charlie Babbot.....

There is talk of the Mustang getting the new 3.5 in 08.

Many of our younger members on this site are actually younger than the 4.0l V6 ford still uses:rolleyes:

I do like the look of the New mustang but as many have mentioned with a V6.........:lol::lol:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

What i dont understand is how ford can put that huge 4.0L V6 and not get 300 hp out of it. 210hp from 4 liters is the worst use of displacement i have ever seen. And BTW, that the same engine as the one in their freestar/monterey minivans. Next is that pickup truck solid rear suspension. no mustang can claim to be a well riding/handleing car with that in the back. They might as well use leaf springs. All the car has is its looks even that is subjective as with any car. so the last thing the mustang is, is a sports car.

The Mustang does pretty well in the Grand Am cup with a live rear axle. Then again that is only road racing...

No really I think the Mustang with the V6 is a great car.

wait for it...

if you're a girl.

I was responding to the use of a live rear axle.

The V6 is not much of a car. My wife drives one. Nothing special. Its a car.

I think the rear axle does pretty well. Looks like they run pretty well against the 911 and M3. This was the Daytona race Jan 27, 2006. The FR500 uses the 5.0L cammer engine.

1 44 GS 1 E Lux/ Espenlaub Team Sahlen / Porsche 996 57 2:01.425 54 86 Rembrandt Charms/ GOJO/ Hawk

2 96 GS 2 Gleason/ Auberlen Turner Motorsport / BMW M3 57 2:01.591 54 86 Turner Motorsport

3 15 GS 3 Finlay/ McDowell Finlay Motorsports / Mustang GT 57 2:01.360 46 86 Playboy/ Palms

4 37 GS 4 B Seafuse/ J Seafuse/ Gue JBS Motorsports / Mustang GT 57 2:02.557 54 86 Trumansburg ShurSave

5 5 GS 5 Nastasi/ James Blackforest Motorsports / Mustang GT 57 2:02.470 37 86 USG Sheetrock/ Ramset Tools/ OMP

6 2 GS 6 Barber/ Borcheller Blackforest Motorsports / Mustang GT 57 2:02.321 54 86 Feeds The Need Racing

7 1 GS 7 P Bourdais/ S Bourdais Multimatic Motorsports / Mustang GT 57 2:02.153 47 86 Ford Racing/ Multimatic Motorsports

8 97 GS 8 Hainer/ Said Turner Motorsport / BMW M3 57 2:02.794 54 86 Turner Motorsport

9 88 GS 9 Wellon/ Ellis Knobel Racing/ LNS Motorsports / Porsche 996 57 2:03.081 44 86 Hop-A-Jet Worldwide Jet Charter/ The Skin Wellness Center

10 03 GS 10 Bernheim/ Dement Bernheim Racing / Porsche 996 57 2:02.468 55 86 Bernheim Law Office

I don't see the live axle being much of a problem, unless you are modding a V8 Mustang and making a some serious hp numbers. In that case, you would be best to swap out the stock live axle for a heavy duty unit or else it will snap like a thin pretzel stick. I've seen stock Mach 1's with just racing slicks at the track snap the rear axle.

I think if I were to have a V8 Mustang - I might look to swap out the stock axle for a Moser 31 spline axle.

Also, I kinda wish I had some money to throw into a very high HP Mustang. I would buy a 03/04 Cobra - swap out the IRS for Moser 31 spline live axle. New pulleys, stickier tires, either a Whipple or Kenne Bell supercharger, better clutch, exhaust.... etc etc....

I've read in several places that all it takes is slightly less than $5000 (including labor costs too) to make a 650-750whp monster out of the 03/04 SVT Mustang Cobra.

I was responding to the use of a live rear axle.

Yes, but those are race prepared mustangs with pro drivers. if you were to compare a factory mustang v6 or gt, the handling and corner behavior is crap compared to a comparable car with an IRS. couple that with that crap V6 and you got nothing close to a sports car.

Yes, but those are race prepared mustangs with pro drivers. if you were to compare a factory mustang v6 or gt, the handling and corner behavior is crap compared to a comparable car with an IRS. couple that with that crap V6 and you got nothing close to a sports car.

There's a guy with a GT that runs in stock class at the Central PA region autocross and he does really well in it. (Granted he's also an amazing driver, but my point is that they can be driven effectively)

Needless to say, my brother in law words at Ford. When he was visiting he was like let's go drive the mustang so you can check it out (I didn't have the LGT at the time). GT models weren't out yet, so we drove the V6. Let's just say that my brother in law was confused at how the company he works for could screw up so damn much.

Fords have improved a lot over the years.

In the mid-90's they were awful, but strangely enough that's when they sold the most cars.

I remember beating out a V6 ~94 Mustang with my 105HP 86 Celica ST from a red light to about 1/8th of a mile ahead when two lanes turned into one. I couldn't believe it. He had a bad takeoff but then so did I.

And that's not even mentioning the even older 4cyl Mustang which was a complete waste of money in all aspects. There was absolutely nothing good about that car - but I knew about six people that had one.

Ok a baby blue V6 is bad enough, but they seriously sell a "pony package"?

That's for when a horse package is a little too much.

Archived