LegacyGT.com

Back to stock? Why?

From selling wheels to complete cars... Seems to be a bunch of 'back to stock" sales popping up. I wanna ask why? The path to mods is strong with turbo Subarus; why have many strayed from the path?

-B

because the car, bone stock, isn't as bad as the enthusiasts like to think it is. :lol: Some realize that, then decide to get their $$ out for other things. I ran mine stock for 4 months.....sure, it's better now but it wasn't bad at all.

because the car, bone stock, isn't as bad as the enthusiasts like to think it is. :lol: Some realize that, then decide to get their $$ out for other things. I ran mine stock for 4 months.....sure, it's better now but it wasn't bad at all.

That's where I am now. I just went Stage 2 this past weekend and while it's cool and all, I can kind of see my money being spent elsewhere and still being happy with the car with slightly less mods than I thought I had wanted. This is also my second car that I'm modding and I really don't want to get as deep into it as I did with my previous car. So chances are that I will limit myself as to how far I go and possibly sell off the brand new unused items in my house.

I've owned 30~ cars in my lifetime and managed to learn early on that aftermarket parts are almost always a total loss when it comes to resale, thats part of the reason I keep all of the stock stuff I take off as I modify cars. A $300 steering wheel is worth all of like $20 when looped in with the entire price of the car, might as well sell the steering wheel alone for $200~.

I've owned 30~ cars in my lifetime and managed to learn early on that aftermarket parts are almost always a total loss when it comes to resale, thats part of the reason I keep all of the stock stuff I take off as I modify cars. A $300 steering wheel is worth all of like $20 when looped in with the entire price of the car, might as well sell the steering wheel alone for $200~.

lol thats what i do, i got 3 huge shelves of my stock parts in the basement. (and i am running out of room

Not even. Ilove it when I hear about people modding their cars and then trying to sell them with the "upgrades" listed to boost the price. You only get a fraction of that mod money when you sell to a target audience of like-minded enthusiasts. You get "zero" on top of book value when you trade it in. I consider any $$ spent on mods to my leggy as $$ spent, not invested.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Exactly!!!

Hense I have all my stock parts.

It kinda depresses me to see a lot of people selling and parting out their cars. Although most of them are for good reasons. I was kinda upset also when i heard there was a new ap coming out, because that would lower the value of mine. I'm guessing if i ever decide to go back to stock (dont know why i would) i could still sell the ap for around 500 which isn't bad.

On a side note if anyone wants to buy a dp and up and only use it for a month then sell it to me i would be totally fine with that :)

Archived