LegacyGT.com

Who all is going to the Suby Challenge?

Magic

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Opie...

What is the red line between station 2 & 3?

that's the line you run (you'll see a wall of cones that will prevent you from going straight at station 2), not the long loop that goes straight. Dropping a tire off into the dirt is considered DNF as I last recalled, so they want everyone to run clean. I hit the top of 2nd gear in 3 places at that course layout.

Keefe

Gainesville Event Details

Ø If you know that you cannot attend the event, please email us by going to the Subaruchallenge.com website and clicking on contact us. This may enable a wait listed person to compete in the event and if received prior to 4:00pm EST on October 11th, 2006; this will insure that you receive a refund.

Ø The welcome reception will be held at the Holiday Inn from 6 PM to 8:30 PM Friday evening. There will be free food and beverages in the reception area. There will be a door prize drawing at 8:30 PM and you must be present to win a door prize. Those wishing to fill any entry no-show spots should see the registrar and add their names to the wish list during this welcome party.

Ø There will be no tech inspection at the hotel on Friday evening. All tech inspections will be done at Gainesville Motor Speedway Saturday morning.

Ø On Friday evening at the event hotel you can register for the event and receive your door placards, event information packet and your participant gift bag. We will also have a Subaru only section of the hotel parking lot set up for Challenge participants.

Ø The self-adhesive number placards are 12 inches by 12 inches, just like last year’s. You may want to purchase two sheets of 12 x 12 magnetic materials to mount your Challenge door placards on. That will make it easier to switch numbers on two driver cars and won’t leave adhesive on your vehicle.

Ø The event will be held rain or shine, so bring the appropriate weather clothes with you. You will be required to work the course for one heat so make sure you have the right clothes with you. Hint-rain gear and maybe some bug spray for the morning.

Ø Food and beverages will be provided at the Auto Cross on Saturday for each event participant and one guest. If you are staying at the event hotel, there will be a grab and go breakfast bag for you in the lobby on Saturday morning, so swing by and pick it up before you leave for GRW.

Ø Saturday at Gainesville Raceway, they will be holding the Super Chevy drag races on the other part of the facility. That was going on during the 2005 Challenge and it did not create a problem for us. When you enter the facility, be sure you go into the Subaru Challenge gate and not the Super Chevy gate.

Ø Have safe trip to Gainesville. We are looking forward to hosting a fun and safe event with some of the most passionate Subaru owners in the South Central Region.

More event info, rules, etc. can be found here: http://www.subaruchallenge.com/SCRegs.pdf

Well I don't want to associate myself with turbo guys, so Im heading up at noon. Who's with me? Oh wait, I'm the only one. :(

;) If you are leaving at noon...me a Jeff should catch up with you! :D

;) If you are leaving at noon...me a Jeff should catch up with you! :D

Well duh, from all the stories you've said, if I left at noon, you could leave 2 hours later and still catch up to me :lol:

Really though, I plan on leaving around 1 or 2pm, maybe we can meet up at an exit or somewhere.

Yeah, I think there may be an Octoberfest block party a few miles away from where you guys are staying. I will find out about it and let you know.

Man I hope they let me register Friday. What class are you guys running in?

Archived