LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI ???

The B4

Boy those hood scoops are ugly. Why set up the car so kids will like it but old guys with money think it's too boy racer? I guess for the same reasons the leg GT is not advertised to anyone, let alone adults who might otherwise buy BMW's.

No offence meant to our younger members here - but you guys probably wouldn't blink at buying a larger hood scoop and putting on yourselves, anyway, along with your wheels & other mods.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry guys that's my car, I never posted pictures because you guys would laugh at my ricey hood with a custom STi scoop on my n/a 2.5i. I had the 3.0R bumper imported from Japan and I was intending on getting the hood painted pretty soon.

Hilariously good post, mate.

:lol:

:spin:

I don't see the 3.6L as being very likely, as it wouldn't use parts from any engine they have right now. Subaru already removed the 2.0 from the WRX and made it a 2.5 to bring it in line with all their other vehicles in the American market, so, from a standardization standpoint, there's no justification for a 3.6, especially if the rumor states that it's only for the Tribeca. It's highly unlikely that they would have a 3.0 in the Outback and a 3.6 in the Tribeca - tooling and production costs couldn't be spread out over enough vehicles to make it cost-effective.

A more likely scenario would be to offer the 3.6L in the Tribeca, Outback, and possibly the Legacy, but we're still talking about a whole new engine, using no existing parts.

The 3.6L was likely developed from the EG33D engine used only in the SVX, whose last model year in the US was 1997. A revised crankshaft and rods would be all that is absolutely necessary to turn it into a 3.6L engine. The SVX required premium gas and SOA's specifications for the new 3.6L call for regular gas, so I'd expect the EG33D's DOHC cylinder heads would be revised and would use AVCS and variable valve lift on the intake, like the current EZ30R. I doubt the new 3.6L engine will ever be used in the Legacy/Outback line.

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/spyphotos/6060907.001/6060907.001.1L.jpg

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/spyphotos/6060907.001/6060907.001.mini2L.jpg

Note these pics were taken at death valley, and the car has jdm tails..

Would it not be easier to use the Ej25x block to make a 3.6 liter H6?

Insiders may know more about the engine design, but the EJ20 motor dimensions look pretty close, that if you add two more cylinders, it comes out to very near the 3.0R engine.

Would not similarly siamesing two more cylinders onto the ej25 block, and corresponding DOHC AVCS heads/cam lengths work as easy, if not easier than adding AVCS and enlarging the SVX's older motor?

I believe the capacity of such an ej25-derived engine would be somewhere in the vicinity of 3.675 liters. I did the math once before, but don't remember it off hand.

I am just venturing guesses here, I am sure people more in the know can answer (or maybe can't) that for sure.

I would guess maybe that they were heat testing the Austrailian market 2.5GT in disguise, but it doesn't say liberty on the back, and I would think that the 07 Austrailian models would have the new bodywork from Japan, since their cars are built in Japan....

More questions than answers, from those pics... Maybe the STI's turbo and new intercooler to mate with Legacy GT's intake for full STI power.... Why else would they need a monster hood scoop? One can only hope.

Would it not be easier to use the Ej25x block to make a 3.6 liter H6?

Insiders may know more about the engine design, but the EJ20 motor dimensions look pretty close, that if you add two more cylinders, it comes out to very near the 3.0R engine.

That was the initial speculation back before the EZ motors came out... But the EZ H6's are a more compact block design than just adding two more cylinders to an EJ.

Ya, an EJ25 +2 would equal a 3.6... I hope thats what they did, but the only info that is out there right now is that it is a 3.6 which doesnt help :p

Im sure we will see more at the detroit auto show about this.

But the intercooler is shaped like the LGT and not like the WRX/STi's. Look at the scoop splitter.

/__\ instead of [___]

Maybe that just means they are putting the LGT motors into the 08 Imprezas?

Maybe its just a E85 test bed?

Maybe they are testing a twin scroll turbo setup?

Maybe its a turbo diesel?

Theres just no way to know whats going on unless we get a better pic or something more from subaru...

Maybe that just means they are putting the LGT motors into the 08 Imprezas?

Maybe its just a E85 test bed?

Maybe they are testing a twin scroll turbo setup?

Maybe its a turbo diesel?

Theres just no way to know whats going on unless we get a better pic or something more from subaru...

Either way, or rather, any way... I'm just glad you're on here sharing knowledge and explaining things in a straight forward manner to the best of your abilities. I appreciate it. Glad you've come over to the "dark side" to speak with us. :lol: Honestly, Thank you! :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Dude...

I SAW THIS CAR 2 days ago!!! :eek:

At first I was like, Hey... a LGT with a carbon fiber hood... Ghey!!!

Then I saw that it was actually grey, and the hoodscoop was sorta bondo'ed on there...

The interior had all kinds of makeshift gauges sitting all over the place. There was two 40-something men driving it...

It was cool seeing it, I was excited and my friend was like "Whats the big deal?"

"Insert Signature Here"

Dude...

I SAW THIS CAR 2 days ago!!! :eek:

At first I was like, Hey... a LGT with a carbon fiber hood... Ghey!!!

Then I saw that it was actually grey, and the hoodscoop was sorta bondo'ed on there...

The interior had all kinds of makeshift gauges sitting all over the place. There was two 40-something men driving it...

It was cool seeing it, I was excited and my friend was like "Whats the big deal?"

i nominate you to hunt the car down and get us more pictures!

Archived